Dunkin' Brands Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.6

Project Manager IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dunkin' Brands (Canton, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

The process took nearly two months. It started out with a writing test and then a 1:1 phone interview with the hiring manager. It then went on to a 1:1 phone interview with the HR point of contact. Next, I had to do a recorded video interview. Next a personality test that consisted of 12 pages with 30 questions per page. This was followed by an IQ test. IQ and Personality test are part of your interview score and it is illegal according to the supreme court to do so as it is considered a discriminatory practice.After a few weeks, I had a face to face in Canton, MA. The hiring manager messed up my interview schedule and admitted to me she had only ever managed 3 projects vs. my 8-32 per quarter. She said I had too much Fortune 500 experience. It took them 1.5 weeks to get back to me to tell me that I was too big of a fish and would not be able to swim in a little pond, which was extremely short sighted and insulting. I was told I was the top candidate throughout this entire process. It took them two months to figure out they did not want their top candidate. Enough said.

Field Ops Manager (Corporate) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dunkin' Brands (New Brunswick, NJ) in January 2009.

Interview

The process started via phone interview with the recruiter then Human Resource Manager. The people were very supportive and helpful, but, the process between interviews took several weeks. Then in person interviews occurred with my direct supervisor and his boss and then another peer before a hiring decision was made. The overall process took several months, this process also included speaking to current employees and visiting restaurants which really was a big help in understanding the job I would be doing. Everyone was so friendly, for me that made up for the long interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• Trying to explain your reasoning for leaving previous companies and why you really want the job can be a very difficult question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation, the offer was as is

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dunkin' Brands in October 2008.

Interview

Interviewed with Owner on the phone.
    Interviewed with Operations manager on the phone.
    Interviewed with Inventory manager on the phone.
    Interviewed with investors and owner together on the phone.
    Interviewed with owner and operations manager in person.
    HIRED. No background, no drug test although those are now being implimented.

Negotiation

Yes able to negotiate.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dorchester, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dunkin' Brands (Dorchester, MA) in May 2010.

Interview

I went in for a one on one interview after applying in the store. The district manager interviewed me and was very nice. It was my first real interview so as unprepared as I was, it wasn't that bad. He asked about availability, work ethic, how I work in groups, how I take direction, how I deal with authority, and how fast of a learner I am. Most of the questions were directly related to how things would be in the position. He made me feel comfortable and was easy to talk to. After he had asked me everything and I asked him a few questions, he told me I was hired and gathered the papers for me to sign. Easy!

Interview Questions

• How will you deal with an angry customer?   1 Answer

Field Ops Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dunkin' Brands.

Interview

Applied and was contacted by a recruiter (I think third party on their behalf) for a phone interview. That went well, but when you do a phone interview with a recruiter you really have to work hard to mess it up. Recruiter then tried several times to setup interviews with next level managers, but their travel kept postponing the process and I started to wonder if the position had any value. Finally able to interview in person with Ops Director and VP and those went well. Then another phone interview with the HR rep who made it her mission to try and trip me up. Ops Director called about a week or so later with an offer. Little did I know that the company would jerk me around, constantly changing my territory and not getting a raise or promotion. Work/Home life is now way out of balance and pay trails comparable positions. Directors come and go based on the person at the helm. Right now that means Dunkin' Brands is the second home of former Papa John's management.

Interview Questions

• What are some examples of how you used pursuasion to get a group of people to complete a task?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dunkin' Brands.

Interview

I had a phone interview at first and it was very formal and uncomfortable. Then I finally was able to come in for a 1:1 interview as well as a group interview, twice. Both in person interviews went very well once I met the people who I would eventually work with. The phone interview and initial meeting was conducted by a recruiter and didn't seem to have any knowledge of the company and was not very friendly, nor was the HR Manager that I met with.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest problem you've ever encountered and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate due to the fact that I was unemployed

Field Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dunkin' Brands (Canton, MA).

Interview

Very quick. One interview with VP and I had an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.Got a good offer and sign on bonus.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dunkin' Brands in November 2014.

Interview

Great interview process. The process wasn't traditional but seems to be the best format to help the company gain a better understanding of you, while you gain a better understanding about the company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dunkin' Brands.

Interview

Phone screening first, then invite to a Hire Vue video interview. The video interview was a great experience, though strange to sit in front of a web cam with no one on the other side. I felt it was a fair process, though there was zero communication from the hiring manager after the video interview which I felt was both unprofessional and disappointing. A simple form email saying I am no longer a candidate for the position would have sufficed.

Interview Questions

• There were 10 questions for the video interview and they gave you ample time to complete it. Here's a few of them:
      What are your passions; what drives you?
      describe a rewarding team experience.
      What is your most challenging work experience and how did you overcome it?
      How do you handle multiple projects at one time?
      Why are you the best candidate for this position?

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dunkin' Brands (Canton, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

Easy interview process. At the time I applied, I could not find any internships with the company online so I sent a letter to the CEO and he actually responded to my note and forwarded my resume to HR. I had one phone interview and one in person interview. The phone interview was with two managers in the department I was applying for and they asked pretty straightforward questions about my past work experience. The in-person interview was more of a way for me to see the cooperate headquarters then an interview. I received a call from my hiring manager on my way home from the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you faced at work/school and how did you overcome the problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, all interns are paid $13/hr