Dunkin' Donuts Interview Questions & Reviews

1.8

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dunkin' Donuts.

Applied online, got an interview within the week and was hired on the spot, GM mostly talked about personal life and joked around instead of typical interview questions which was nice, but questionable people may pass through the process. This may have been an isolated type of interview just at this store, but I managed to get my girlfriend hired at the same store. I would also close as a shift leader with only one team member (dunkins is fairly slow at night). I was 17 and often had older team members or more senior team members working below me, also closed with just me and my girlfriend, very trusting manager. There were cameras that fed to the owners house as well.

no negotiation, started at 7.50 (plus shared tips) and moved up to shift leader in two months with no raise.

Cashier/Barista Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dunkin' Donuts in May 2010.

The hiring process was very easy with extremely simple questions. If you go in with a smile on your face and a happy personality you'll have the job in the bag! After all, you will be in customer service- so what they want from you is a beaming personality.

Interview Questions
    • I always find the "what is your greatest weakness" question to be the hardest. Just pick something relevant to customer service and one in which you seek to further develop for the better.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate shifts, and I was able to get the shift I preferred because I approached them respectively.

Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dunkin' Donuts in July 2013.

Manager is the one, who takes the interview. The key to crack the interview is to speak English as much as possible and to correct managers English since he doesn't speaks English properly. Also tell him that you have knowledge of the Dunkin Donuts and working at the fast food rest. and next thing you will be hires. Also tell him that you want to work for long time.

Interview Questions
    • None, Interview is a joke if you have worked at Dunkin Donuts before.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Dunkin' Donuts in September 2010.

called first to see if there was an opening than they said there was so i walked in and filled an application was asked a few questions , i asked some questions and asked about training, training was done at another location so they said come back tomrow and was hired

training

Team Member Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dunkin' Donuts in January 2014.

I waited for two hours for someone that was not holding the interview to tell me the manager had to leave. Then I had to keep calling in order to get her to call me back the next week for the interview. Absolutely a sign for me not to become employed but I had just quit my job somewhere else and needed income bad. I'm still looking for other employment while I go to school

Interview Questions
    • There was only one question, when can I start. No questions about my previous experience, just nothing   Answer Question
    I just needed a job to pay my bills

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marlborough, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Dunkin' Donuts in March 2013.

They expect too much of employees in the interview, yet training is very weak. They look for how fast you are and how many hours your willing to work and if your schedule is flexible for them to put you in whatever hours they need of you. They don't care if you have family, so weekends is a must.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation, you have to accept their demands or they wont hire you.

Senior IT Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Canton, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Dunkin' Donuts in June 2014.

I had several phone interviews with them. After that, they had me do a recorded video interview where I had 3 minutes each to answer a variety of questions. After that followed a 12 page personality test and a 10 minute IQ test. The 10 minute IQ test was really insulting as many of the answers did not make sense. It is a perfect example of how HR Process can negatively impact the qualified candidate selection process and result in damage to the brand reputation. IQ Questions should be relevant and have valid answers. Please see an example below.

Interview Questions
    • A phrase expressing the aim of a group or party. The available selections for answers were S,K, L or Q. None of the answers were correct as they did not represent anything or any reference material for the answers.   View Answer

Crew Member Interview

Hiring process was relatively speedy. They got back to me a couple days after applying. The interview process was really easy, nothing too hard. Normal Interview, no pressure. Approximately two weeks after the interview I got a call letting me know that I was hired.

Shift Leader Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dunkin' Donuts in May 2010.

Interviews are easy and quick. Not many questions to ask unless you have a long job history. It's more of a personality interview with the manager to see if you will get along with everyone.

Crew Member Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Dunkin' Donuts.

I came into the store and filled out an application with my friend. I got a call about a week later to come in for an interview. Interview was not hard at all and the assistant manager was a bit unprofessional. She told me about the available shifts. On training day, I had to go home three times to change into the appropriate uniform (white collared shirt and jeans which I didn't know). Watched long videos and was thrown onto the chaotic floor and shown how to make a coolatta by someone who also just started working. Two months later, they decided I need to finish the training videos which I never did.

Interview Questions
    • Between you and your friend, who should I hire?

Do you has previous experience handling cash?
        View Answer
    No negotiations.

Worked for Dunkin' Donuts? Contribute to the Community!