Dunkin' Donuts Interview Questions

1.8

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Dunkin' Donuts.

Got a phone call to meet up with the manager in person. He told me the typical work environment and asked what hours I was available to work. He asked if I had any previous experience in working at dunkins, seemed to be a high priority for him. Interview process was relatively quick and easy as the manager was looking to hire someone immediately, but someone that was competent. The manager called me about two days later and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a difficult customer? Do you have any prior customer service experience?   Answer Question
    Negotiation was not possible. Minimum pay was expected

I Thought I Was Coming In for Assistant Manager But She Just Wanted A Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dunkin' Donuts in August 2014.

I got a call the day after I submitted my application. She rescheduled 3 times. When we finally did meet all she wanted was just a part-cashier. I told her I would take it even though I'm over qualified and she said she couldn't promise anything and would call me later that week to start. She never called and I don't miss a night of sleep over it. As someone whose run fast food restaurants before I could tell u she wasn't gonna last in her position long and there were several red flags.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chester, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, VA

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Dunkin' Donuts.

I attended a hiring event for a new store. It wasn't really an interview, more like a conversation. The manager made me feel comfortable and I got hired on the spot. Only paid minimum wage but it was fine for a first job.

Interview Questions
    no negotitation, everyone recieved minimum wage

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dunkin' Donuts.

Applied online, got an interview within the week and was hired on the spot, GM mostly talked about personal life and joked around instead of typical interview questions which was nice, but questionable people may pass through the process. This may have been an isolated type of interview just at this store, but I managed to get my girlfriend hired at the same store. I would also close as a shift leader with only one team member (dunkins is fairly slow at night). I was 17 and often had older team members or more senior team members working below me, also closed with just me and my girlfriend, very trusting manager. There were cameras that fed to the owners house as well.

no negotiation, started at 7.50 (plus shared tips) and moved up to shift leader in two months with no raise.

Cashier/Barista Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dunkin' Donuts in May 2010.

The hiring process was very easy with extremely simple questions. If you go in with a smile on your face and a happy personality you'll have the job in the bag! After all, you will be in customer service- so what they want from you is a beaming personality.

Interview Questions
    • I always find the "what is your greatest weakness" question to be the hardest. Just pick something relevant to customer service and one in which you seek to further develop for the better.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate shifts, and I was able to get the shift I preferred because I approached them respectively.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dunkin' Donuts in July 2013.

Manager is the one, who takes the interview. The key to crack the interview is to speak English as much as possible and to correct managers English since he doesn't speaks English properly. Also tell him that you have knowledge of the Dunkin Donuts and working at the fast food rest. and next thing you will be hires. Also tell him that you want to work for long time.

Interview Questions
    • None, Interview is a joke if you have worked at Dunkin Donuts before.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Dunkin' Donuts in September 2010.

called first to see if there was an opening than they said there was so i walked in and filled an application was asked a few questions , i asked some questions and asked about training, training was done at another location so they said come back tomrow and was hired

training

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dunkin' Donuts in January 2014.

I waited for two hours for someone that was not holding the interview to tell me the manager had to leave. Then I had to keep calling in order to get her to call me back the next week for the interview. Absolutely a sign for me not to become employed but I had just quit my job somewhere else and needed income bad. I'm still looking for other employment while I go to school

Interview Questions
    • There was only one question, when can I start. No questions about my previous experience, just nothing   Answer Question
    I just needed a job to pay my bills

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marlborough, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Dunkin' Donuts in March 2013.

They expect too much of employees in the interview, yet training is very weak. They look for how fast you are and how many hours your willing to work and if your schedule is flexible for them to put you in whatever hours they need of you. They don't care if you have family, so weekends is a must.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation, you have to accept their demands or they wont hire you.

Senior IT Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Canton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Dunkin' Donuts in June 2014.

I had several phone interviews with them. After that, they had me do a recorded video interview where I had 3 minutes each to answer a variety of questions. After that followed a 12 page personality test and a 10 minute IQ test. The 10 minute IQ test was really insulting as many of the answers did not make sense. It is a perfect example of how HR Process can negatively impact the qualified candidate selection process and result in damage to the brand reputation. IQ Questions should be relevant and have valid answers. Please see an example below.

Interview Questions
    • A phrase expressing the aim of a group or party. The available selections for answers were S,K, L or Q. None of the answers were correct as they did not represent anything or any reference material for the answers.   View Answer

Worked for Dunkin' Donuts? Contribute to the Community!