Dunkin' Donuts Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehighton, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehighton, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dunkin' Donuts.

I called the store to check the process of my application and she said we were just about to call you for an interview. I went in to my interview a shift leader about 17 years old gave. Asked me a serious of questions, common sense, and then she said she would give me a call if I fit the job. I got a call a week or 2 later from the manager saying I should meet with the District Manager. Had my second interview where she asked me basically the same questions as the first interview. I signed some papers, tax forms, ID scan, background check was done and I started a week after my second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for us?   View Answer
    • What would you do if you had an angry customer?   View Answer
    • Why do you think you would work for this job?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dunkin' Donuts in March 2015.

I filled out an application. I received a phone a call the same day, and I was interviewed the next day. It wasn't so great. I was interviewed by 2 people both female. It was like good cop bad cop. Needless to say, I knew I didn't get the job afterward.

Interview Questions
    • Availability? Why do you want to work her? If a customer ordered a dozen donuts for $7.99 and handed you a twenty, how much change would they get back?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dunkin' Donuts in February 2015.

I put in my application on a Wednesday afternoon. The manager immediately looked at my application, asked me a few questions, and then asked me to come in for an interview the next morning at 9. I went in the next morning, and had a very quick, and simple interview. The manager told me I had the job on the spot, and had me fill out the paperwork. The very next day (Friday,) I had 4 hours of training. On Saturday I was on the floor taking orders, making coffees, and making sandwiches. Overall it was a very easy process.

Baker Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dunkin' Donuts.

Very Short and sweet, Can you handle the bake load? Do you understand that it is not like baking at home? Basic math will be involved can you count? Several techniques were taught for the bakers to learn

no negotiation

Crew Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dunkin' Donuts.

Applied in person and was called a week later to set up an interview. Was asked basic questions about my schedule and what I would do if there was a complaint, then filed out hiring paperwork on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer made a complaint?   View Answer
    Minimum wage (7.75) and split tips every shift.

Restaurant Server Interview

Didn't contact me back or even look at my resume. When I called the manager, they said my resume was never received. The company has no regard for the interviewee and really needs to get better at their hiring practices. I know my resume was adequate for the job as I received an offer at NFCU for a technical based position rather than a service based one.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any questions because I was never notified of my status as an applicant.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dunkin' Donuts.

Do you have any experience working at a restaurant before? do you have any customer service experience? do you have work permit from high school in order to work? how well can you work in a busy environment?

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dunkin' Donuts.

I filled out an application online and went into the store a few days later to see when I would be contacted. One of the employees told me someone would contact me in the next week or so if they wanted to interview me for a position. About a week and some days later, I was contacted for an interview and made an appointment for the next day.

When I showed up, I was interviewed for about 15 minutes. It was a very casual interview, done at one of the tables inside of the establishment. The interviewer told me he was impressed and outlined all of the things that a new employee would have to go through. He then told me I would be contacted if they were interested in hiring me.

Shift Leader Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dunkin' Donuts.

Meet with the manager and discuss your strengths as a leader and how your previous experience will apply to the atmosphere of the particular store. Often times the hire is within the company as regular employees will be promoted to a shift leader position if the manager feels the shift if appropriate.

Cashier Interview

Went to Dunkin Donuts and I applied in person then was given a on the spot interview with the manager and then i was offered the position which i took. She just asked which days I was available