Dunkin' Donuts Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

1.8

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dunkin' Donuts.

I gave my application and the manager asked me if I have the time for an interview. Answered few questions and was hired on the spot. They don't check backgrounds, my guess, because I started on the next day.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dunkin' Donuts.

I went to a store to get an application, filled it out, and once I returned I was interviewed. I basically got the job upon meeting the manager. She asked me some standard questions about me with some scenarios and handed me my work papers to fill out and said she'd call me to schedule me. If you look friendly and presentable and are confident, you can get the job.

None

Crew Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dunkin' Donuts.

I applied in person and received a call two weeks later, asking to come in for an interview. The interview process was very casual, done at a table in the store. I was asked if I've had any prior experience and other typical interview questions. She gave me my work hours for the week after the interview.

Minimum wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dunkin' Donuts.

Got a phone call to meet up with the manager in person. He told me the typical work environment and asked what hours I was available to work. He asked if I had any previous experience in working at dunkins, seemed to be a high priority for him. Interview process was relatively quick and easy as the manager was looking to hire someone immediately, but someone that was competent. The manager called me about two days later and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a difficult customer? Do you have any prior customer service experience?   Answer Question
    Negotiation was not possible. Minimum pay was expected

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, VA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dunkin' Donuts.

I attended a hiring event for a new store. It wasn't really an interview, more like a conversation. The manager made me feel comfortable and I got hired on the spot. Only paid minimum wage but it was fine for a first job.

Interview Questions
    no negotitation, everyone recieved minimum wage

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dunkin' Donuts.

Applied online, got an interview within the week and was hired on the spot, GM mostly talked about personal life and joked around instead of typical interview questions which was nice, but questionable people may pass through the process. This may have been an isolated type of interview just at this store, but I managed to get my girlfriend hired at the same store. I would also close as a shift leader with only one team member (dunkins is fairly slow at night). I was 17 and often had older team members or more senior team members working below me, also closed with just me and my girlfriend, very trusting manager. There were cameras that fed to the owners house as well.

no negotiation, started at 7.50 (plus shared tips) and moved up to shift leader in two months with no raise.

I Thought I Was Coming In for Assistant Manager But She Just Wanted A Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dunkin' Donuts in August 2014.

I got a call the day after I submitted my application. She rescheduled 3 times. When we finally did meet all she wanted was just a part-cashier. I told her I would take it even though I'm over qualified and she said she couldn't promise anything and would call me later that week to start. She never called and I don't miss a night of sleep over it. As someone whose run fast food restaurants before I could tell u she wasn't gonna last in her position long and there were several red flags.

Crew Member Interview

Hiring process was relatively speedy. They got back to me a couple days after applying. The interview process was really easy, nothing too hard. Normal Interview, no pressure. Approximately two weeks after the interview I got a call letting me know that I was hired.

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dunkin' Donuts.

I came into the store and filled out an application with my friend. I got a call about a week later to come in for an interview. Interview was not hard at all and the assistant manager was a bit unprofessional. She told me about the available shifts. On training day, I had to go home three times to change into the appropriate uniform (white collared shirt and jeans which I didn't know). Watched long videos and was thrown onto the chaotic floor and shown how to make a coolatta by someone who also just started working. Two months later, they decided I need to finish the training videos which I never did.

Interview Questions
    • Between you and your friend, who should I hire?

Do you has previous experience handling cash?
        View Answer
    No negotiations.

Senior IT Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dunkin' Donuts in June 2014.

I had several phone interviews with them. After that, they had me do a recorded video interview where I had 3 minutes each to answer a variety of questions. After that followed a 12 page personality test and a 10 minute IQ test. The 10 minute IQ test was really insulting as many of the answers did not make sense. It is a perfect example of how HR Process can negatively impact the qualified candidate selection process and result in damage to the brand reputation. IQ Questions should be relevant and have valid answers. Please see an example below.

Interview Questions
    • A phrase expressing the aim of a group or party. The available selections for answers were S,K, L or Q. None of the answers were correct as they did not represent anything or any reference material for the answers.   View Answer