Dunkin Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2014
Updated Aug 11, 2014

2.6

Intern - Hourly Interview

On Campus Recruiting - someone came to my college and handed him my resume. Was called for an interview at their headquarters. Took a cab there, met a few people and they let me know within a week if I got the job or not. Great atmosphere there, it is like a family run place even though it is a billion dollar corporation

Project Manager IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Dunkin in June 2014.

The process took nearly two months. It started out with a writing test and then a 1:1 phone interview with the hiring manager. It then went on to a 1:1 phone interview with the HR point of contact. Next, I had to do a recorded video interview. Next a personality test that consisted of 12 pages with 30 questions per page. This was followed by an IQ test. IQ and Personality test are part of your interview score and it is illegal according to the supreme court to do so as it is considered a discriminatory practice.After a few weeks, I had a face to face in Canton, MA. The hiring manager messed up my interview schedule and admitted to me she had only ever managed 3 projects vs. my 8-32 per quarter. She said I had too much Fortune 500 experience. It took them 1.5 weeks to get back to me to tell me that I was too big of a fish and would not be able to swim in a little pond, which was extremely short sighted and insulting. I was told I was the top candidate throughout this entire process. It took them two months to figure out they did not want their top candidate. Enough said.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dunkin in April 2010.

I was initially contacted through a recruiter. I did an initial screening with HR by phone and that was followed up by two on-site interviews. The first of the on-site interviews was with HR and the hiring team. The interviews were entirely behavioral. The second on-site interview was with the hiring director and the VP. Again those interviews were behavioral and not particularly hard. I think that they were mostly looking for fit.

Field Ops Manager (Corporate) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Brunswick, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Dunkin in January 2009.

The process started via phone interview with the recruiter then Human Resource Manager. The people were very supportive and helpful, but, the process between interviews took several weeks. Then in person interviews occurred with my direct supervisor and his boss and then another peer before a hiring decision was made. The overall process took several months, this process also included speaking to current employees and visiting restaurants which really was a big help in understanding the job I would be doing. Everyone was so friendly, for me that made up for the long interviewing process.

Interview Questions
    • Trying to explain your reasoning for leaving previous companies and why you really want the job can be a very difficult question.   View Answer
    There was not a negotiation, the offer was as is

Field Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dunkin.

Very quick. One interview with VP and I had an offer.

Interview Questions
    None.Got a good offer and sign on bonus.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dorchester, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dorchester, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Dunkin in May 2010.

I went in for a one on one interview after applying in the store. The district manager interviewed me and was very nice. It was my first real interview so as unprepared as I was, it wasn't that bad. He asked about availability, work ethic, how I work in groups, how I take direction, how I deal with authority, and how fast of a learner I am. Most of the questions were directly related to how things would be in the position. He made me feel comfortable and was easy to talk to. After he had asked me everything and I asked him a few questions, he told me I was hired and gathered the papers for me to sign. Easy!

Interview Questions
    • How will you deal with an angry customer?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Worcester, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Dunkin in March 2008.

the interview consists more on the customer service, how friendly and communicative person you are
    also they see how reliable you are and how hard you work
    past experience in the restaurant business is very important
    they also call your previous employers to ask about you

Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dothan, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dothan, AL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Dunkin in January 2010.

I showed up on time which was a plus because I thought I wouldnt make it at all. He looked over my application right in front of my face, but it turned out for the best because we were able to negotiate the hours that he needed me and he hours that I was available. I continued to smile and he did as well. Overall it was quite an experience. My advice is to really seem as if you want the job and dont be too proud to make it seem as if you dont need them and present yourself appropiately and it will be smooth sailing.

n/a

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Dunkin.

I had a phone interview at first and it was very formal and uncomfortable. Then I finally was able to come in for a 1:1 interview as well as a group interview, twice. Both in person interviews went very well once I met the people who I would eventually work with. The phone interview and initial meeting was conducted by a recruiter and didn't seem to have any knowledge of the company and was not very friendly, nor was the HR Manager that I met with.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest problem you've ever encountered and how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate due to the fact that I was unemployed

Field Ops Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dunkin.

Applied and was contacted by a recruiter (I think third party on their behalf) for a phone interview. That went well, but when you do a phone interview with a recruiter you really have to work hard to mess it up. Recruiter then tried several times to setup interviews with next level managers, but their travel kept postponing the process and I started to wonder if the position had any value. Finally able to interview in person with Ops Director and VP and those went well. Then another phone interview with the HR rep who made it her mission to try and trip me up. Ops Director called about a week or so later with an offer. Little did I know that the company would jerk me around, constantly changing my territory and not getting a raise or promotion. Work/Home life is now way out of balance and pay trails comparable positions. Directors come and go based on the person at the helm. Right now that means Dunkin' Brands is the second home of former Papa John's management.

Interview Questions
    • What are some examples of how you used pursuasion to get a group of people to complete a task?   View Answer

Worked for Dunkin? Contribute to the Community!