Dunkin

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews

Cashier Interview

Cashier

The process took a day - interviewed at Dunkin in February 2008.

Interview Details – It was very basic interview. They only asked about my other time commitements, experience background, and why i wanted to work with them.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work with us?   View Answer

Employee Interview

Employee
Dothan, AL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dunkin in January 2010.

Interview Details – I showed up on time which was a plus because I thought I wouldnt make it at all. He looked over my application right in front of my face, but it turned out for the best because we were able to negotiate the hours that he needed me and he hours that I was available. I continued to smile and he did as well. Overall it was quite an experience. My advice is to really seem as if you want the job and dont be too proud to make it seem as if you dont need them and present yourself appropiately and it will be smooth sailing.

Interview Question – Be detailed about a recent sales goal you've met.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – n/a

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Worcester, MA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dunkin in March 2008.

Interview Details – the interview consists more on the customer service, how friendly and communicative person you are
also they see how reliable you are and how hard you work
past experience in the restaurant business is very important
they also call your previous employers to ask about you

Interview Question – how you handle a customer complaint   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Canton, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dunkin in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted through a recruiter. I did an initial screening with HR by phone and that was followed up by two on-site interviews. The first of the on-site interviews was with HR and the hiring team. The interviews were entirely behavioral. The second on-site interview was with the hiring director and the VP. Again those interviews were behavioral and not particularly hard. I think that they were mostly looking for fit.

Interview Question – None really, the interviews were all behavioral.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

District Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dunkin in October 2008.

Interview Details – Interviewed with Owner on the phone.
Interviewed with Operations manager on the phone.
Interviewed with Inventory manager on the phone.
Interviewed with investors and owner together on the phone.
Interviewed with owner and operations manager in person.
HIRED. No background, no drug test although those are now being implimented.

Negotiation Details – Yes able to negotiate.

Crew Member Interview

Crew Member
Dorchester, MA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dunkin in May 2010.

Interview Details – I went in for a one on one interview after applying in the store. The district manager interviewed me and was very nice. It was my first real interview so as unprepared as I was, it wasn't that bad. He asked about availability, work ethic, how I work in groups, how I take direction, how I deal with authority, and how fast of a learner I am. Most of the questions were directly related to how things would be in the position. He made me feel comfortable and was easy to talk to. After he had asked me everything and I asked him a few questions, he told me I was hired and gathered the papers for me to sign. Easy!

Interview Question – How will you deal with an angry customer?   View Answer

Field Ops Manager Interview

Field Ops Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dunkin.

Interview Details – Applied and was contacted by a recruiter (I think third party on their behalf) for a phone interview. That went well, but when you do a phone interview with a recruiter you really have to work hard to mess it up. Recruiter then tried several times to setup interviews with next level managers, but their travel kept postponing the process and I started to wonder if the position had any value. Finally able to interview in person with Ops Director and VP and those went well. Then another phone interview with the HR rep who made it her mission to try and trip me up. Ops Director called about a week or so later with an offer. Little did I know that the company would jerk me around, constantly changing my territory and not getting a raise or promotion. Work/Home life is now way out of balance and pay trails comparable positions. Directors come and go based on the person at the helm. Right now that means Dunkin' Brands is the second home of former Papa John's management.

Interview Question – What are some examples of how you used pursuasion to get a group of people to complete a task?   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Dunkin.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview at first and it was very formal and uncomfortable. Then I finally was able to come in for a 1:1 interview as well as a group interview, twice. Both in person interviews went very well once I met the people who I would eventually work with. The phone interview and initial meeting was conducted by a recruiter and didn't seem to have any knowledge of the company and was not very friendly, nor was the HR Manager that I met with.

Interview Question – What is the biggest problem you've ever encountered and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate due to the fact that I was unemployed

Field Marketing Manager Interview

Field Marketing Manager
Canton, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dunkin.

Interview Details – Very quick. One interview with VP and I had an offer.

Interview Question – Specific question about the challenge of the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.Got a good offer and sign on bonus.

Field Ops Manager (Corporate) Interview

Field Ops Manager (Corporate)
New Brunswick, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Dunkin in January 2009.

Interview Details – The process started via phone interview with the recruiter then Human Resource Manager. The people were very supportive and helpful, but, the process between interviews took several weeks. Then in person interviews occurred with my direct supervisor and his boss and then another peer before a hiring decision was made. The overall process took several months, this process also included speaking to current employees and visiting restaurants which really was a big help in understanding the job I would be doing. Everyone was so friendly, for me that made up for the long interviewing process.

Interview Question – Trying to explain your reasoning for leaving previous companies and why you really want the job can be a very difficult question.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was not a negotiation, the offer was as is

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Dunkin? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dunkin interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Dunkin employees and interview candidates.