Dunnes Stores Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

1.9

Grocery Check Out Operator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dunnes Stores.

Interview

Handed in a job application, was called within a few days for an interview with the HR manager. It was all very relaxed and easy. Would highly recommend it as a first job.

Interview Questions

• Very easy interview process. The usual questions. Felt more like a conversation.   Answer Question

Head Office Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Dunnes Stores.

Interview

Interviewed by a shareholder and HR. I'm not shy so wasn't intimidated. Took a long time for them to get back to me I had to make some calls. Interview was straightforward more about them assessing whether I was a cultural fit more than anything. Nothing related to my area more about my past jobs and my experience. I enjoyed my interview but would certainly be intimidating for some.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation but would do it differently now.

Seasonal Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dunnes Stores (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2014.

Interview

It was pretty basic. They asked the usual retail questions like why do you want to work for us, what retail experience have you had in the past, name a time you helped a customer etc It was casual. I was interviewed by the head of HR and a shop manager. They were both really nice. You will be asked your hours of availability etc I found out less than a week later that I had gotten the job. They don't leave you waiting too long for a response post interview.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dunnes Stores.

Interview

I applied online. Within a week I got called for an interview which last no more than twenty minutes and the questions are very basic.

After getting an offer an accepting there is a course from 9-6 which must be attended, but is paid for, just taking you throw the do's and dont's and also safety aspects

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about CV.
      How you would deal with a difficult customer?
      Previous retail experience

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations besides how many days a week you would like to work

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Dunnes Stores in October 2014.

Interview

Handed in my CV to a manager who called me back about 5 minutes after I handed it in and asked me to come in the next day for an interview. When i arrives , I was asked to fill out a form ( name,age,,experience..ect) . Then the manger called me in for the interview which lasted for about 7 ins and felt like 2 minutes. She only asked me what hours/days I was available. and then why should she hire me and why was customer services important ! It was very relaxed and veryyy short !!

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blanchardstown (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Dunnes Stores (Blanchardstown (Ireland)) in October 2014.

Interview

I left a cv into the store. I got a phone call for an interview the week after. The interview was basic enough simple questions. It lasted for around 15 minute and she pretty much told me I got the job. However it didn't take much time to find out for sure as I hot a phone call two hours later saying j got the job.

Shop Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maynooth (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dunnes Stores (Maynooth (Ireland)) in August 2014.

Interview

Very easy, handed in a cv to a manager on the floor and two days later I got a call to come in for an interview. The interview was pretty straight forward, one on one with a hr manager, and it had more of conversational feel rather than a job interview. Was asked about previous jobs and then was asked about myself - schooling, future, interests. I was only

Shop Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wexford (Ireland)

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Dunnes Stores (Wexford (Ireland)).

Interview

Submitted a CV for evening and weekend work. Was later called to participate in an interview. I was asked about how I might interact with customers, things like how to deal with a customer who wasn't satisfied. Asked about previous experience working with customers. Asked to explain how I would greet and interact with customers etc.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were simple enough. Most difficult was how to deal with a customer who had experienced an accident, and what to do in such an event.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dunnes Stores (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2013.

Interview

Handed my cv to a store manager and got a call for an interview the next morning. The easiest interview ever, one on one with an HR manager. We basically just reviewed my cv and that was about it. It felt like i was talking to a friend rather then an interviewer, very relaxed atmosphere.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dunnes Stores.

Interview

Was called for an interview for Christmas work. Very simple and easy process. Interview was short. Got a job offer a few days later