Dunnes Stores Interview Questions

Updated Jan 3, 2015
Updated Jan 3, 2015

1.9

Grocery Check Out Operator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dunnes Stores.

Handed in a job application, was called within a few days for an interview with the HR manager. It was all very relaxed and easy. Would highly recommend it as a first job.

Interview Questions
    • Very easy interview process. The usual questions. Felt more like a conversation.   Answer Question

Head Office Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Dunnes Stores.

Interviewed by a shareholder and HR. I'm not shy so wasn't intimidated. Took a long time for them to get back to me I had to make some calls. Interview was straightforward more about them assessing whether I was a cultural fit more than anything. Nothing related to my area more about my past jobs and my experience. I enjoyed my interview but would certainly be intimidating for some.

Interview Questions
    No room for negotiation but would do it differently now.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dunnes Stores.

I applied online. Within a week I got called for an interview which last no more than twenty minutes and the questions are very basic.

After getting an offer an accepting there is a course from 9-6 which must be attended, but is paid for, just taking you throw the do's and dont's and also safety aspects

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions about CV.
      How you would deal with a difficult customer?
      Previous retail experience

Answer Question
    No negotiations besides how many days a week you would like to work

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Dunnes Stores in October 2014.

Handed in my CV to a manager who called me back about 5 minutes after I handed it in and asked me to come in the next day for an interview. When i arrives , I was asked to fill out a form ( name,age,,experience..ect) . Then the manger called me in for the interview which lasted for about 7 ins and felt like 2 minutes. She only asked me what hours/days I was available. and then why should she hire me and why was customer services important ! It was very relaxed and veryyy short !!

Shop Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wexford (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wexford (Ireland)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Dunnes Stores.

Submitted a CV for evening and weekend work. Was later called to participate in an interview. I was asked about how I might interact with customers, things like how to deal with a customer who wasn't satisfied. Asked about previous experience working with customers. Asked to explain how I would greet and interact with customers etc.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were simple enough. Most difficult was how to deal with a customer who had experienced an accident, and what to do in such an event.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dunnes Stores.

Was called for an interview for Christmas work. Very simple and easy process. Interview was short. Got a job offer a few days later

Trainee Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dunnes Stores.

Filled in online application on company website. Emailed with instructions to call and organise interview. Set interview for 5 days later at HQ. Interviewed by just 1 interviewer, nice guy. Didn't really seem versed in interviewing, asked no questions that would have given him any indication as to whether or not I was qualified/experienced for the role. Didn't even ask what I knew about Dunnes or their processes. Just asked what I qualities I believed were important in a HR Mgr, asked if I had experience in retail, if I was ok with working 5/7 rota and night work. However, he asked me my salary expectation and was taken aback when I told him. I was shocked at this as it is a question on the online application so I felt they would not have bothered interviewing me if my salary was too high. He informed me that managers would not earn that much and would I negotiate, I said yes, he said managers start on 14k per annum less than what I required. Waste of time, it was clear he had not read my application, took a days holiday in my current job to go in for him to tell me that they had no intention of coming anywhere near what I am currently earning anyway. Wasting candidates time by not screening applications properly.

Interview Questions
    • No questions of any real substance, could have been blagged by anybody with the gift of the gab, no examples or experiences asked.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dunnes Stores.

Left CV with store. They later called to arrange interview.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dunnes Stores in July 2012.

Interview was relatively easy, no difficult questions. One on one interview with the head store manager. General questions about myself, where I was from, interest, previous employment and experience. No formal dress necessary, business casual attire will suffice. A few days after the interview, received a phone call offering the position.

Interview Questions
    • If an irate customer came up to you with a problem, how would you deal with the problem?   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Dunnes Stores in April 2009.

1 interview was made i went in they were civil and asked me about my job history, gaps in my occupations, my people skills my management skills problem solving and then they asked if i had worked in any other branches before and then they sent me away and told me they would call me when they knew and then a couple days later i got turned down