Dunnhumby usa Interview Questions

Updated Jun 3, 2015

3.4

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dunnhumby usa (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone interview. The questions were not that difficult and I was asked to come in for an in person interview. The interview as broken up into three 45 minute sections. One section was just like a normal interview. The remaining sections were for a case study. We had 45 minutes to prepare the given case study and then 45 minutes to present it. This was the most difficult past of the interview. I wasn't sure if the responses I was giving were the ones they were looking for and the person that was conducting the interview didn't have much to say.

Interview Questions

• How could you determine the amount of soft drinks Kroger sold in a year   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dunnhumby usa (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

They came to campus for first round interviews. Next day they contacted me for a final office interview for the next week. Final interview involved a 45 min case study, 45 minute group interview, and a standard 45 minute one on one interview. They do a good job of paying for your travel expenses.

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dunnhumby usa (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

I had to take an assessment after having my resume accepted. It was pretty hard, but I managed to pass. Questions centered around reading charts/graphs and doing calculations. I didn't hear back for a month or so, but eventually did. After that, it was very quick process. I got notified of a video interview, was scheduled 2 days later, got notified of the on-site that same night, and then flew to the office about 5 days later. The video interview was part behavioral, part mini-case. The mini-case asked me to walk through my thought processes when starting a company. Other questions included "What would you do if you had 48-hour access to a grocery store's database. A lot of the questions focused on what you would do with data containing "any information you'd find on a grocery receipt." The on-site interview consisted of four 45-minute segments. 45 minutes for an interview very similar to the video. 45 minutes to prepare a presentation of a case. 45 minutes to present the case, and 45 minutes behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• The main case during the super day was a presentation. I was given 45 minutes to look at the case (design a method for evaluating the success of the launch of a given product). Then I had 45 minutes to present the case to an interviewer. It wasn't particularly hard, but was just different.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dunnhumby usa (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

I initially applied for the position online, and was quickly informed that I had passed their initial screen. The next step was a pair of reasoning tests that were not especially difficult; nonetheless, I recommend taking the practice tests first, to familiarize yourself with them. If you don't work fast, time pressure could be a concern. The next step after the reasoning tests was a phone interview. It focused on getting a glimpse of both your personality and your ability to think through problems, so be prepared for both types of questions. The last step was an on-site interview in Cincinnati that involved two interviews that were a combination of case and behavior interviews as well as a case presentation.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dunnhumby usa (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

If you pass the phone interview,you are invited to get a face to face interview in the company building, You get to meet at least 4 people, including the colleagues you are going to work with and the directors/managers you are going to report. Very friendly people. Prepare to explain all the work you mentioned in your resume. Especially, if you are going to work on an analytic side, you need to be ready for very smart and though questions.

Interview Questions

• Technical people will be given a SAS/SQL exam to test their basic programming skills. Also, knowing the culture of the company and integrating those values into your answers might help you out!   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation! The offer was already very good!

Intern Interview

Interview

Friendly in emails, may get caught by spam filter though. have online application, online test, video interview, then morning of interviews.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dunnhumby usa.

Interview

Applied through company recruiting. Had to take a few aptitude tests. Interviewed and did not make it to the second round.

Interview Questions

• A lot of scenario questions and they'll make you come up with three or four different solutions to problems.   Answer Question

Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dunnhumby usa.

Interview

First I had to complete two tests online, one testing verbal and the other testing math skills. Then, I had two on-campus interviews on the same day. They asked general questions about me and my relevant experience, and more specific questions about how I would approach various scenarios relating to customer loyalty. Next, I flew to Cincinnati for an in-person interview at their US headquarters. It was a full day of interviews, with one case study that I had 30 minutes to prepare then present.

Interview Questions

• How many bars of soap does a certain retailer sell each year?   Answer Question

Graduate Analyst Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dunnhumby usa (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2013.

Interview

I initially applied for the position online. Make sure you have your transcript handy when filling out the application as there is a section to attach at the end. A cover letter wasn't required, but there is a space to attach one (obviously recommended). Once I applied online, I heard back within a few days requesting I complete both a numeracy test (math) and logical reasoning test (though I think now they might just require the math test). The math test isn't technically difficult, but you need to be very quick with your calculator (no fat-finger mistakes!!) as the rest is timed and is designed so that you can't spend more than 30-45 seconds per problem. There are websites out there that allow you to do practice tests, and I highly recommend you start practicing before you even submit your application. Once they send you the link to the test you only have about 5 business days to complete it, so if you wait to start practicing until you get the link you won't have much time to spend practicing. If you pass the online test you will be invited for a video interview. This interview was pretty difficult in terms of the questions they asked (Explain your favorite recreational activity in fewer than 10 sentences, describe a goal you set for yourself that you didn't achieve, name 3 words that describe you, etc...the list goes on). If you pass this stage you are invited to a half-day interview with 10-15 other candidates. They do several of these day-long interviews, so your day won't be the only day of interviews. You'll notice many students from certain Universities they recruit heavily from, but everyone was super nice when I interviewed. You'll probably have 2-3 one-on-one interviews with people from across the business. They are friendly and the questions weren't too difficult (though be ready for the guesstimate a # curve ball). You will also have a case study where they give you the details of a business question and you have 45 minutes to compile answers to a list of set questions and then a half hour to present your findings. Don't just stick to the questions though when you're preparing, as they will deviate from the list to keep you on your toes and make sure you've thought through multiple scenarios. Depending on when your group is scheduled it may take a while to hear back. I didn't receive an offer and got a form email saying I wasn't chosen.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dunnhumby usa (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Direct office visit. Had interview with two people. Both were great to talk to. The company takes its values very seriously. People were very friendly and welcoming. Interview was mostly resume walk through and conversation. Had time to ask a lot of questions. One big complain is they never got back to me. A simple no in an email would have been enough but no reply is just rude.

Interview Questions

• Where should I build a new fire station and why?   1 Answer