Duquesne University

Very Easy Interview

Graduate Assistant Interview

Graduate Assistant
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Duquesne University in April 2010.

Interview Details – No interview; Give GRE and fill up the application form.

Negotiation Details – N/A

Support Staff Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Duquesne University in February 2009.

Interview Details – They typically hire friends/family of current employees. Interview process is fairly simple.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Graduate Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Duquesne University.

Interview Details – I did not go through a typical formal interview, it was more of a chat with my supervisor.However, I submitted a letter of application prior to our discussion in which I detailed the elements that make me a good candidate for the job.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions, the employers just want to get to know you. Be yourself!   Answer Question

Program Director-Military Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Duquesne University in March 2010.

Interview Details – Initial contact: HR was uncooperative. Sent resume to hiring manager and received positive feedback. FOLLOW UP IS KEY! They will not contact you if you do not do the legwork.

3-person phone interview. Basic questions. Only interested in prior university experience. Board was dismissive of my military experience even though position specifically served military students.

Made follow up call. Office would not confirm/deny if selected for next round of interviews. Had to wait for rejection letter.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for us? (Not a hard question, but they asked this first).   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Duquesne University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Duquesne University interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Duquesne University employees and interview candidates.