Duquesne University

Updated Aug 28, 2014

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Duquesne University

Graduate Assistant Interview

The interview process is fairly easy when I applied graduate assistant position. If you have high GPA and maintain full-time in graduate school, you probably will get the job. But you need to keep your GPA no less than 3.5 in order to keep your job.

Interview Questions
    • I don't really think the interview questions are difficult, just some general questions about your classes.   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Duquesne University.

I did not go through a typical formal interview, it was more of a chat with my supervisor.However, I submitted a letter of application prior to our discussion in which I detailed the elements that make me a good candidate for the job.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, the employers just want to get to know you. Be yourself!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Duquesne University in April 2010.

No interview; Give GRE and fill up the application form.

N/A

Support Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Duquesne University in February 2009.

They typically hire friends/family of current employees. Interview process is fairly simple.

Program Director-Military Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Duquesne University in March 2010.

Initial contact: HR was uncooperative. Sent resume to hiring manager and received positive feedback. FOLLOW UP IS KEY! They will not contact you if you do not do the legwork.

3-person phone interview. Basic questions. Only interested in prior university experience. Board was dismissive of my military experience even though position specifically served military students.

Made follow up call. Office would not confirm/deny if selected for next round of interviews. Had to wait for rejection letter.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for us? (Not a hard question, but they asked this first).   Answer Question