Durham School Services

Relevance Date Difficulty

Safety Supervisor Interview

Safety Supervisor
Framingham, MA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Durham School Services in March 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed for this position with the General Manager at the Framingham, MA location and the Regional Director from National Express Corporation. The Director was interested in learning how I would obtain answers to problems I would encounter in this position and what measures I would go to in order to solve a problem or get answers to complete work assignments.

Interview Question – Would I yell at an employee who showed up late for work after the employee told me that there was a tragedy in their family they were addressing prior to coming in. Teamwork, compassion, and providing a safe environment for our clients were key concerns of my Director.   View Answer

Spokane, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Durham School Services in October 2010.

Interview Details – Don't expect to be disqualified from this job. If you have a pulse, can speak in coherent sentences and pass the required screenings, you will get a job. After you've been there 90 days, you'll be like the furniture: expected to be there and to function in the way they like. Don't expect to be paid for cleaning the bus, filling out required paperwork or dealing with discipline problems. you will be paid fro attending safety meetings--at minimum wage.

Interview Question – There were no real questions asked, excaept about my driving record.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there were no negtiations. this is what we offer. Take it or leave it.

Beloit, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Durham School Services in August 2013.

Interview Details – it took forever waited 2 months to be called.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself after the Manager had my resume in his hand.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – NONE do not pay for experience shame that they do not.

Rochester, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Durham School Services in October 2013.

Interview Details – Paper application is better than the online system. According to this service center, the online portal doesn't always do what it is supposed to do. I already had a CDL so they did not have to train me which was a benefit for them. The interim safety supervisor is a great guy and the interview was upbeat and a lot of fun. The office staff and mechanics are much nicer than I've worked with in the past.

Interview Question – Many of the questions dealt with how you would handle certain situations with parents, children, etc. If you have driven a school bus before, you already know that the parents are worse than the kids and the fact that many of them like to drive their kids to school and clog the roads and driveways for the buses creating many hazardous situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Flat rate, no negotiation so it was "take it or leave it". Took it because unemployment was getting ready to run out.

School Bus Driver

I applied in-person and interviewed at Durham School Services.

Interview Details – Fill out application. will receive a call back if application is accepted. Once hired, must go through training to obtain a class b license and school bus certificate. Training is free. Will receive the job once license and credentials are obtained.

Interview Question – Just ask simple questions of experience.   Answer Question

School Bus Driver

I applied online - interviewed at Durham School Services in September 2010.

Interview Details – I completed an application online. A few weeks later I received a phone call asking if I was still interested in the position. I stated that I was and they scheduled an interview for the next day. When I went in I was asked to take a brief test on paper about my character and skills. The interviewer came in with a piece of paper with questions to ask of me where she wrote down my answers. I did not find any of the questions difficult. I was then informed that I would need to pass a series of tests which I had to pay for prior to beginning the job training which I would not be paid for. I would also need to get fingerprinted which I would also pay for. After I pass the tests and the fingerprinting I was eligible to begin the unpaid training which lasted 1 week longer than expected. After passing the training and the initial tests we were driven in the bus to the DPS office for our bus driving test. After passing the driving test they were able to offer me the job. It was a very long process lasting just over 1 month in total.

Interview Question – I did not find any of the questions all that difficult during the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation process.

Weatherford, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Durham School Services in August 2012.

Interview Details – No interview really drug test fingerprinting, cdl, dot physical

Interview Question – there was no questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiations

Very Difficult Interview

Bus Monitor Interview

Bus Monitor
Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Durham School Services in November 2011.

Interview Details – I was not told the dates of the classes. Classes were boring, watched videos the whole time. Had to get fingerprints and TB test done. Lost paper work had to wait 6 months to get hired for this crappy job. Not worth it.

Interview Question – No questions were asked   Answer Question

Interviewed at Durham School Services

Interview Details – Interview is as easy as walking in the door with no felony convictions

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions at all   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Pay is what it is

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Downers Grove, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Durham School Services.

Interview Details – Great loved meeting with the supervisor but after hired my immediate manager was a terror. I was able to move out and then enjoyed my positions until the latest change in sr management.

Interview Question – none, very fair interview   Answer Question

Worked for Durham School Services? Contribute to the Community!