Durham School Services Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Durham School Services

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Durham School Services (Plymouth, MI) in June 2014.

Interview

Applicants will apply through the web site. Potential employees must pass a criminal background check which includes a good driving record, drug screening and physical. Fingerprints are taken and placed on file as well. If the applicant is a current CDL BPS holder than there will be a phone interview and in person interview. In addition a driver assessment is also made.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Standard and straight forward. I knew what I was applying for do there wasn't a negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Durham School Services (Rochester, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

Paper application is better than the online system. According to this service center, the online portal doesn't always do what it is supposed to do. I already had a CDL so they did not have to train me which was a benefit for them. The interim safety supervisor is a great guy and the interview was upbeat and a lot of fun. The office staff and mechanics are much nicer than I've worked with in the past.

Interview Questions

• Many of the questions dealt with how you would handle certain situations with parents, children, etc. If you have driven a school bus before, you already know that the parents are worse than the kids and the fact that many of them like to drive their kids to school and clog the roads and driveways for the buses creating many hazardous situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Flat rate, no negotiation so it was "take it or leave it". Took it because unemployment was getting ready to run out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beloit, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Durham School Services (Beloit, WI) in August 2013.

Interview

it took forever waited 2 months to be called.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself after the Manager had my resume in his hand.   1 Answer

Negotiation

NONE do not pay for experience shame that they do not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pflugerville, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Durham School Services (Pflugerville, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

If you call them directly and you fill out a paper application, they process you through the personality test and interview more quickly. The personality test was about 200 question so that took the longest but a lot of the questions were repeat questions. In addition, the interviewer was very nice and really wanted to make the job work.

Interview Questions

• Have you had a speeding ticket recently?   1 Answer

School Bus Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Durham School Services.

Interview

Fill out application. will receive a call back if application is accepted. Once hired, must go through training to obtain a class b license and school bus certificate. Training is free. Will receive the job once license and credentials are obtained.

Safety Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Durham School Services (Framingham, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

Interviewed for this position with the General Manager at the Framingham, MA location and the Regional Director from National Express Corporation. The Director was interested in learning how I would obtain answers to problems I would encounter in this position and what measures I would go to in order to solve a problem or get answers to complete work assignments.

Interview Questions

• Would I yell at an employee who showed up late for work after the employee told me that there was a tragedy in their family they were addressing prior to coming in. Teamwork, compassion, and providing a safe environment for our clients were key concerns of my Director.   1 Answer

School Bus Driver Interview

Interview

Interview is as easy as walking in the door with no felony convictions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pay is what it is

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Durham School Services (Downers Grove, IL).

Interview

Great loved meeting with the supervisor but after hired my immediate manager was a terror. I was able to move out and then enjoyed my positions until the latest change in sr management.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weatherford, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Durham School Services (Weatherford, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

No interview really drug test fingerprinting, cdl, dot physical

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiations

Bus Monitor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Durham School Services (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2011.

Interview

I was not told the dates of the classes. Classes were boring, watched videos the whole time. Had to get fingerprints and TB test done. Lost paper work had to wait 6 months to get hired for this crappy job. Not worth it.