Duval County Public School

www.duvalschools.org

Duval County Public School Interview Questions

2.1

Teacher Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Duval County Public School.

I really didn't have to have much of an interview as I was hired in a "special" category. I did meet with the department chair and discuss my past experience. I was hired during a hiring blitz in my subject area. The hiring process I believe took about 2 days for employee orientation, signing up for benefits, reviewing credentials, etc.

Teacher Interview

The hiring process was very easy - very little communication/persuasion needed for the hire. I answered a few questions about my teaching style with the principal, received word that I got the job, and beyond that had no other interview or contact from the district.

Technical Manager of Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Duval County Public School in July 2013.

I sat in a room with 4 members who introduced themselves. I first had to describe my work experience and how it would pertain to this position. Individual questions were things about my previous job. What I liked/did not like, what was most rewarding, how do I know that a project is successful/failing. It was mostly assessing if my technical work experience was a good fit. There were some personal questions pertaining to things such as being detail oriented, having time management, organization, and communication skills.

Interview Questions
    • There was one that caught me off guard but I can't remember what it was. It was along the lines of if I could choose my greatest strengths at my last position what would it be?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Duval County Public School.

Teachers interview with specific principals. There is plenty of information about each school online. Knowing about what's going on in a specific school and how you might be a part of it (what will you do that's "extra"?) will go a long way to endearing you to the administration. Most teachers here get burned out quickly due to the high level of work and low level of administrative support so be enthusiastic and excited about education. They're always looking for new, fresh souls to harvest. Good Luck!

Interview Questions
    • Do you like kids? Um, yeah, that was unexpected!   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. Pay is based on experience.

Math Teacher Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Duval County Public School in May 2012.

submit online application, I also sent emails to schools I wanted to teach at, you must submit all certification documents, and transcripts. School principals who are interested will call you for an interview. I had already contacted a principal and had interview before all paperwork was submitted. You get an offer letter...which even though I was already hired...I had to wait for all paperwork to get filed at the board before I received the official offer.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked if I planned on staying in teaching ...or could I decide to leave and go into corporate world.   View Answer
    none

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Duval County Public School in September 2011.

Panel Interview with HR management, Director of department hired for, 2 Supervisors of department hired for. Was called to have job offered, accepted next day. Had to wait until after a Board meeting to start position. Time between being offered job and starting was about 5 weeks.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. My experience was on the low end of their requirements so I started at the low end of their pay range for that position.

Instructional Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Duval County Public School in March 2011.

I knew one of the members on the panel, and thought the interview went extremely well. The skills test was provided to me earlier and was not a problem. Then I had to develop an instructional report, which I thought was a lot of fun. I was very disappointed that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Would you have trouble helping a teacher who was adverse to technology?   Answer Question

Assistant Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Duval County Public School in November 2009.

Job posted to all eligible candidates. Resume and letter of interest sent to principal. Email received requesting candidate to phone the secretary to arrange an interview on a specified day. Candidate confirmed appointment, arrived punctually, was given a tour of the facilty by office staff and then taken to a room for a panel interview (standards coacn, current assistant principal, and principal). The school was in a low socio-economic area, fenced and gated, and a buzzer at the main door announced your presence prior to the office staff allowing you entrance by unlocking the door. Office staff was very friendly and answered any questions I posed to them. The panel asked specific questions relevant to the position of AP, data analysis, and student improvement and achievement. The interview was followed up with a cordial email from the candidate to the principal. The principal responded politely that reviews of the interviewed candidates were being analyzed and invitations to some candidates for a second interview would be sent out in a short time. That occured, as promised however, I was not one of the selected for the second interview nor the position.

Interview Questions
    • I see you are at a college preparatory school. How do you feel you would relate to the students that attend our school and the much different issues they face daily and bring to our school on a daily basis?   View Answer

Teacher Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Duval County Public School in July 2009.

Phone screen, Interviewed downtown, Interview with Principal and AP.

Instructional Coach Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Duval County Public School in May 2009.

The interview was very basic. I had an interview at the district level that was a panel and then I interviewed one on one with the school principal.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very basic. Related to instruction and data.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation for teachers.

Worked for Duval County Public School? Contribute to the Community!