Dylan's Candy BAR Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dylan's Candy BAR (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

A month or two after applying I received an emailing inviting me to come in to an open interview. It was early in the morning and the kept us waiting outside even though the tempter was in the negatives. Once we had finally gotten inside we all filled out an application & waited to be called by one of the interviewers. He asked very basic interview questions, nothing difficult at all. Some people were sent home after the interview, but, when it come to me I was told to wait to be interviewed by the sales manager. The same exact questions were asked & I was told I would hear from them in a week.

A week went by & I was failed for another interview with the store manager. It was a quick interview just to clarify availability & ask some simple questions. I received the call that I got the job the very next business day.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   Answer Question
    • What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to overcome a serious issue in your life & how did you overcome it?   1 Answer
    • What is your favorite candy & why?   1 Answer

Party Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dylan's Candy BAR (New York, NY).

Interview

Found it through craigslist, went to an open interview (there were a lot of people there), had a quick face-to-face interview with a manager, called for a second interview which was an audition in front of the managers (you could sing, dance, act, show paintings/drawings) which i believe was a way to show what you can contribute to the company and if you have the right [out-going/fun] personality for working there

Interview Questions

• the question that stood out the most: "what kind of candy are you?"   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dylan's Candy BAR.

Interview

We waited in line they called us in and ask a few questions and also if we had any particular talent, some people sang a song, some danced..etc

Interview Questions

• They asked if they could give me a perfect job what would i do?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dylan's Candy BAR.

Interview

I told him my experience included being an assistant manager. He looked surprised and looked at my application (didn't even bother to review it before calling me in, very unprofessional) proceeded to ask a million and one u necessary questions about why I left my previous job. Since he already stated he thought it was odd I was an assistant manager applying for a counter staff position, it seemed he was asking simply to be nosy and get gossip. And since when is it odd for someone to look for a job,? Regardless the position times are tough. I thought his approach was very belittling and he flexed his muscles.
    The questions were your typical standard unoriginal questions like in a perfect dreamland where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why does that matter for a counter staff position beats me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenging situation you had at work and with a customer   Answer Question

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dylan's Candy BAR (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by General Manager. Asked just a few basic questions. Easy and quick. They called me the same day and made me an offer. Process goes fast, even for sales associates. Associate interviews are usually done through open calls. Make sure you know background about the company and have a fun personality. Experience is not as essential as being fun and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Dylan's Candy Bar and why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dylan's Candy BAR (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Was a pretty simple system set up. Responded to a open house on Craigslist and stood outside the store for about 10 minutes until opening. When the store opened they directed us upstairs to the cafe where we sat and filled out applications then were briefly interviewed. Some people were told they would recieve a call, about 10 out of 50 of us were told to stay. I interviewed with 3 people (Sales lead, HR, and Guest services). Got a call back and offer about 5 hours later. Accepted

Interview Questions

• Whats your favorite treat from there and why?   1 Answer
    • What do you like most about the store   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations, but a great job for what they pay. Most of the time your either partying, cashiering, or suggesting candy to customers.

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dylan's Candy BAR (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

I received a call from HR to setup an initial interview. My first one on one interview was with a Manager and the interview was held at the corporate office, where I was asked the standard behavior questions: "Tell me about your self" and What do I know of Dylan's."
    I then had a second interview with a Director who basically asked the same type of questions and gave additional insight to the job responsibilities.
    The office seemed fun and whimsical with a bubble gum conference table. The other employees I encountered seemed happy to work there.

The salary was too low

Sales Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dylan's Candy BAR in January 2011.

Interview

Flew to New York on my own expense to apply. Met with a person from human resources in the cafe. Then met with the Director of Sales who was not much older than me. Then met with the VP of sales. All were pretty professional, though they didn't always seem to have actually read my resume ahead of time.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dylan's Candy BAR (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

I received a phone call to schedule an in person meeting with the head of marketing. Overall the interview went well!

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dylan's Candy BAR (New York, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

They had a bunch of people sitting at the part of Dylan's Candy Bar where they eat icecream, and they had us fill out an application. Then they took you to a corner and briefly and unprofessionally interviewed you. My interview phone rang and he picked it up to talk about personal affairs during my interview. He told me I "seemed cool enough" and to "be more perky" in my followup interview, which I never got.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer