Dylan's Candy BAR Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 19, 2014
8 interviews

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Dylan's Candy BAR.

We waited in line they called us in and ask a few questions and also if we had any particular talent, some people sang a song, some danced..etc

Interview Questions
    • They asked if they could give me a perfect job what would i do?   Answer Question

Counter Staff/Hostess Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Dylan's Candy BAR.

I told him my experience included being an assistant manager. He looked surprised and looked at my application (didn't even bother to review it before calling me in, very unprofessional) proceeded to ask a million and one u necessary questions about why I left my previous job. Since he already stated he thought it was odd I was an assistant manager applying for a counter staff position, it seemed he was asking simply to be nosy and get gossip. And since when is it odd for someone to look for a job,? Regardless the position times are tough. I thought his approach was very belittling and he flexed his muscles.
    The questions were your typical standard unoriginal questions like in a perfect dreamland where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why does that matter for a counter staff position beats me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a challenging situation you had at work and with a customer   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Dylan's Candy BAR in August 2011.

Was a pretty simple system set up. Responded to a open house on Craigslist and stood outside the store for about 10 minutes until opening. When the store opened they directed us upstairs to the cafe where we sat and filled out applications then were briefly interviewed. Some people were told they would recieve a call, about 10 out of 50 of us were told to stay. I interviewed with 3 people (Sales lead, HR, and Guest services). Got a call back and offer about 5 hours later. Accepted

Interview Questions
    • Whats your favorite treat from there and why?   View Answer
    • What do you like most about the store   View Answer
    No negotiations, but a great job for what they pay. Most of the time your either partying, cashiering, or suggesting candy to customers.

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dylan's Candy BAR in June 2011.

I received a call from HR to setup an initial interview. My first one on one interview was with a Manager and the interview was held at the corporate office, where I was asked the standard behavior questions: "Tell me about your self" and What do I know of Dylan's."
    I then had a second interview with a Director who basically asked the same type of questions and gave additional insight to the job responsibilities.
    The office seemed fun and whimsical with a bubble gum conference table. The other employees I encountered seemed happy to work there.

The salary was too low

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Dylan's Candy BAR in September 2010.

I received a phone call to schedule an in person meeting with the head of marketing. Overall the interview went well!

Sales Manager Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dylan's Candy BAR in January 2011.

Flew to New York on my own expense to apply. Met with a person from human resources in the cafe. Then met with the Director of Sales who was not much older than me. Then met with the VP of sales. All were pretty professional, though they didn't always seem to have actually read my resume ahead of time.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Dylan's Candy BAR in April 2009.

They had a bunch of people sitting at the part of Dylan's Candy Bar where they eat icecream, and they had us fill out an application. Then they took you to a corner and briefly and unprofessionally interviewed you. My interview phone rang and he picked it up to talk about personal affairs during my interview. He told me I "seemed cool enough" and to "be more perky" in my followup interview, which I never got.

Java Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Dylan's Candy BAR in March 2011.

very amazing thing, the interviewer ask me some question about the core java.

Interview Questions
    • what is the different between the abstract class and interface   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dylan's Candy BAR

Worked for Dylan's Candy BAR? Contribute to the Community!