DynCorp International Interview Questions in Fort Worth, TX

2.6

Fuels Foreman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DynCorp International (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Hiring process includes sitting through hours of power point presentations and a physical if you can make it through the power point slides and the physical your hired.

Negotiation

No negotiation phase one set offer despite years of experience and certifications

Air Traffic Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed over the phone, and I was told I'd get a supervisor position most likely. I was offered a position that same night, and sent a welcome packet. Since I was in Iraq, I had to return to the US for a few days while my clearance was processed. I then went to Ft. Worth to process. Processing wasn't bad, as it was quick and DI put me up in the Marriott hotel. After completion of processing, which included a perfunctory physical exam, I was shipped off to Afghanistan.

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DynCorp International (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Employees are either contract to hire or hired directly. Contractors as heavily used at DI and there is some envy by full time employees due to overtime regularly required but only contractors are paid overtime. Direct hire are at times put off for weeks / months until they lose the candidate who opts for another opportunity. Contract to hire is much more informal and good results usually results in job offer - if contractor is willing to accept salary (sometimes well below the compensation as a contractor).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Lengthy negotiations, HR was not up to date on industry comps

Project Controls Specialist Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at DynCorp International (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

Submitted resume to a friend who passed it along to DynCorp Human Resources. Received a call from Project Controls Manager a few months later who interviewed me for an overseas assignment. Received a call from Human Resources a month later and prepared all the paperwork for working overseas.

Interview Questions

• After discussing my background and qualifications the hiring manager asked how soon I'd like to come to work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The amount I was offered was fixed for person's of my skills and background due to DynCorp's bid as a contractor for the US Gov. I had researched the pay of my position prior to the job offer, so was not surprised by the rate.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at DynCorp International (Fort Worth, TX) in July 2009.

Interview

Interviewer friendly and very poised. Interviewer travel frequently and was very specific about needing to hire a person with the qualifications needed to do job. Wanted exact skills and nothing less.

Interview Questions

• What is your expericene with FAR   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

Brutal process of getting around HR organization, but the employees I worked with in an operational capacity were professional, excellent and respectful.

Interview Questions

• Describe your prior experiences with 'x' technology   1 Answer
    • What experience do you have managing people?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask for the max: You will find lesser skilled employees scattered throughout the organization making exorbitant amounts because they caught Dyncorp in a bind at the time of the contract with the gov't. When Dyncorp gets desperate for people, they simply up the contract amount with the gov't. So long as Dyn gets it's cut of the contract, they aren't overly concerned if they you 100k or 150k. It's all negotiable to their customer, the gov't.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

When I was scouting DI as a potential employer, I found that I liked the company's values. That was one of the things that attracted me to the company. My interview process was short. I only had one phone and one face-to-face interview. Prior employment experience put me on a short list of candidates. My interview was conducted by a Jr. VP and my hiring manager, as well as an HR representative who seemed to be keeping the interview questions on a certain tack.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself" is the bane of my existence in an interview, and it was no different here. I prepare for this question with every interview, and it's still always the hardest thing to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was fixed, so no negotiation took place.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DynCorp International (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Done through a third-party recruiting company. One hand does not know what the other is doing, so lots of duplication.

Interview Questions

• A "stump the dummy" quiz that no one can possibly answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

All offers are "take it or leave it." Do not believe you will ever receive the Management Incentive Bonus unless you abandon all sense of principle and independent thinking.