DynCorp International

Relevance Date Difficulty

Heavy Wheel Mechanic Interview

Heavy Wheel Mechanic
Fort Bliss, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at DynCorp International.

Interview Details – Straight forward for the most part. HR will call you if interested to set up an interview. The interview will be a series of questions pertaining to the field. Answer all questions to the best of your ability. All positions with this company will pay what is offered in offer letter, with no chance of a raise or promotion. You must apply for another position to get more pay. No overtime.

Interview Question – What is 10/20 standard.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None. A letter is sent to you, either you accept or you do not.

Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the PBUSE System Interview

Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the PBUSE System

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at DynCorp International in June 2014.

Interview Details – The company did the interview over the phone so not too much pressure. Questions were geared 90% towards the knowledge of the PBUSE system and it's processes. The other 10% of questions were towards behavior scenarios and situation type questions.

Interview Question – What's the process for property that comes to the system?

Describe the process of building a component listing in the system?

Describe the process for sending orders to the SSA?
  Answer Question

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Aircraft Mechanic

Interviewed at DynCorp International

Interview Details – I obtained this position via internal transfer from a different location of the same program. The interview process was brief since it only detailed some general aircraft knowledge with what i was to expect if the transfer was to be granted at that time. Overall painless.

Negotiation Details – Painless. As expected.

Very Easy Interview

Logistics Interview

Logistics
Melbourne, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ months - interviewed at DynCorp International in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had very little interview time because I worked at the home office. People skills were short and sweet. The office told me I was hired and I would get a packet telling me what my job consist of and 3 months later I got it.

Interview Question – Can you stay away from your family for 3 months at a time was unexpected because to me it was something you should already know.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None it was this is what you get and you leave this date. Which 6 weeks later I did.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interviewed at DynCorp International

Interview Details – Interviews depend on the job and department.

Interview Question – Had to try to understand the foreign user's perspective   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiations

Material Control Supervisor Interview

Material Control Supervisor

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process was great

COMBS Quality Assurance Inspector Interview

COMBS Quality Assurance Inspector
Columbus, MS

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at DynCorp International in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of two PMO employees and once started, it lasted about 20 minutes. The two asked questions about my prior experience and asked if this job was still something I would be interested in towards the end. Nothing out of the ordinary, usual HR questions about working with others and what would you do questions.

Interview Question – I was taken to the shop and asked on the spot what I would change. QEC and GSE shop which is also where my desk is located.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Union job, so there was nothing that could be negotiated except for relocation reimbursement.

Munitions Technician Interview

Munitions Technician

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at DynCorp International.

Interview Details – The interview was over the phone. The interviewer was very courteous and professional and did not make me feel intimidated. The hiring process was pretty smooth. The HR reps were extremely helpful. I was surprised at how quickly they responded to my emails. They were even answering emails on weekends and evenings. I would like to note that the reason my hiring process took so long was because it was overseas and my security clearance and visa application ran into a few bumps, but it was all worked out.

Interview Question – The technical questions were the hardest, since I had been out of my field for 5 years. But I did a pretty good job at selling myself.   Answer Question

Police Mentor Interview

Police Mentor
West Memphis, AR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DynCorp International in June 2011.

Interview Details – Be prepared for a lot of paperwork going back and forth, you need to have copies of training certifications and items related to work experience. Process moves fairly well if they need you, can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months. PAST is not that difficult, be in shape and it will be easy. Don't get psyched out by the mental health review.

Interview Question – How will you deal with the separation from friends and family?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Very Easy Interview

Security Coordinator Interview

Security Coordinator

I applied online - interviewed at DynCorp International in November 2011.

Interview Details – Online application, (takes about 1hr to fill all the details) then just waited, it took about 6 months before I got a call. I already have given out on all overseas jobs since I got the same experience with at least 4 other companies, however after the first call everything was easy.

They gave me a list of documents they require (passport, DL, military records and others) plus send me to get a physical and dental examination, which I a pay for it but the company reimbursement upon hiring.

Most of the process was done online, however I got the support of the hiring personnel on the phone thru the entire process.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, however their requirements for a physical and dental exam can be a hassle if you are unemployed or uninsured   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation since is a contract job

Interviews for Top Jobs at DynCorp International

Worked for DynCorp International? Contribute to the Community!

DynCorp International Videos

DynCorp International – Why Work for Us?

A GLOBAL SERVICES PROVIDER OFFERING UNIQUE, TAILORED SOLUTIONS FOR AN EVER-CHANGING WORLD DynCorp International is a leading global services provider offering unique, tailored solutions for an ever-changing world… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DynCorp International interview questions and advice. All 70 interview reviews posted anonymously by DynCorp International employees and interview candidates.