DynCorp International

Updated Nov 5, 2014
Updated Nov 5, 2014

2.4

Network Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in June 2010.

The first recruiter asked why I was selected, and wanted me to explain why the hiring manager selected me. The second recruiter asked for completed paperwork I had not received yet, after a week of my requesting, the paperwork was provided for me to fill out. The third recruiter never returned emails about where I was in the process; if she returned a phone call it would be at 01:00 in the morning. The level of disconnect between what information was provide them and what they chose to absorbed is great. It even went so far as the travel office issuing a ticket for an international flight, the information was provided at 9:34 PM, for a 1:30 AM flight, departing from a country I was not even physically in.

Interview Questions
    Government contract, take it or leave it

Laundry Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shīndand (Afghanistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shīndand (Afghanistan)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in August 2010.

I went to the their office in india and said to the recruiter that i want to work in your company so he said that i have to pass my interview then i can process so i had my interviev after then i had a positive response.so then all the document and medical have been started.after all this i have been in dyncorp.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DynCorp International in November 2011.

Done through a third-party recruiting company. One hand does not know what the other is doing, so lots of duplication.

Interview Questions
    • A "stump the dummy" quiz that no one can possibly answer.   Answer Question
    All offers are "take it or leave it." Do not believe you will ever receive the Management Incentive Bonus unless you abandon all sense of principle and independent thinking.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at DynCorp International in July 2009.

Interviewer friendly and very poised. Interviewer travel frequently and was very specific about needing to hire a person with the qualifications needed to do job. Wanted exact skills and nothing less.

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at DynCorp International in May 2010.

The Interview process involved to know me and about my technical skills and experience. I was checked on communication skills as well.

Senior Recruiter Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in October 2010.

I had 2 interviews with DynCorp. The process took about three weeks before I was notified of the hire. The interview process consisted of questions about Human Resource policies recruitment strategies, favorite positions held and behavioral questions. The interviews lasted for one hour and were conducted by a manager and team lead.

Interview Questions
    • What was the hardest position to fill and how did I fill the vacant position?   Answer Question

Security Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at DynCorp International in August 2009.

My interview was very nice and interesting.
    They explained income, location, excepted duties, hours and who I would be working for. (Manager/Supervisor) and he just so happened to be there so I got to meat him, and he gave me an overview of what would be expected of me and when I could start working.

Interview Questions
    "I am able to offer you $18.65 per hour if that is acceptable"

Data Entry Clerk Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in October 2011.

It was easy and organised. The DynCorps delegates encourage you and they were familiar. The interview location was a 2000 KMs away from me so it took me 2 days of continues travelling by local transport like buses and railways...after the interviewed i got my offer letter on my way back to home, their processing was so fast.
    A few paper works, interview and that's it...get ready to utilize your skills with respect and good outcome.

The pay-out they give you is now much lesser than before in this project . In simple we get just 1/4th then any US citizen besides we have the same hazardous environment and life threatening situations.

Contract Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at DynCorp International.

They outsourced unskilled hiring company that makes it difficult to place qualified experience overseas contractors. A person can have 4 years experience and they tell them they are not qualified for the position.

No negotiation at all.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in February 2010.

When I was scouting DI as a potential employer, I found that I liked the company's values. That was one of the things that attracted me to the company. My interview process was short. I only had one phone and one face-to-face interview. Prior employment experience put me on a short list of candidates. My interview was conducted by a Jr. VP and my hiring manager, as well as an HR representative who seemed to be keeping the interview questions on a certain tack.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about yourself" is the bane of my existence in an interview, and it was no different here. I prepare for this question with every interview, and it's still always the hardest thing to answer.   Answer Question
    Salary was fixed, so no negotiation took place.