DynCorp International

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.4

Rotary Wing Mechanic Interview

Simple hiring process no interview required, it was all based off resume and recommendations

COMBS Quality Assurance Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, MS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in January 2013.

The interview consisted of two PMO employees and once started, it lasted about 20 minutes. The two asked questions about my prior experience and asked if this job was still something I would be interested in towards the end. Nothing out of the ordinary, usual HR questions about working with others and what would you do questions.

Interview Questions
    • I was taken to the shop and asked on the spot what I would change. QEC and GSE shop which is also where my desk is located.   Answer Question
    Union job, so there was nothing that could be negotiated except for relocation reimbursement.

Program Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in November 2012.

Quiz you based on everything from Google, including wrong answers.

Plumber Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DynCorp International in October 2012.

at first a lot of paperwork going to doctors getting your background checked every thing was on a time limit they fly you down to ft worth very nice plac to stay they pay for your food you process at the hotel doctors etc. then you fly out going to Dubai until they fly you down to Afghanistan it was a short week with everything being done in a short time frame

Interview Questions
    • food was not good in Dubai so go out to eat every time you have a chance   Answer Question

Fuels Foreman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DynCorp International in September 2012.

Hiring process includes sitting through hours of power point presentations and a physical if you can make it through the power point slides and the physical your hired.

No negotiation phase one set offer despite years of experience and certifications

Corporate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DynCorp International in April 2012.

I had two phone interviews followed by several weeks without hearing anything. I was contacted for an onsite interview at their corporate headquarters which was held on April of 2012. I was told by the recruiter that I did very well and they had one internal candidate to interview and they would let me know. I heard nothing for several weeks and finally contacted the recruiter who said the position was on hold. During this time I submitted my expense report for my meals and some other travel-related expenses. After resubmitting my expenses two more times over four months I gave up and never received my reimbursement. Thankfully air, hotel and car were direct billed. I also never heard back about the position. I did see it reposted several months later. I was disappointed that I never heard from the hiring manager again which I would expect if the position was on hold, or get an official rejection not to mention reimbursement. This spoke volumes as to the type of company DynCorp might be.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing stood out to me as being a tough question. Mostly about my past experience.   View Answer

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DynCorp International in November 2011.

Done through a third-party recruiting company. One hand does not know what the other is doing, so lots of duplication.

Interview Questions
    • A "stump the dummy" quiz that no one can possibly answer.   Answer Question
    All offers are "take it or leave it." Do not believe you will ever receive the Management Incentive Bonus unless you abandon all sense of principle and independent thinking.

Security Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DynCorp International in November 2011.

Online application, (takes about 1hr to fill all the details) then just waited, it took about 6 months before I got a call. I already have given out on all overseas jobs since I got the same experience with at least 4 other companies, however after the first call everything was easy.

They gave me a list of documents they require (passport, DL, military records and others) plus send me to get a physical and dental examination, which I a pay for it but the company reimbursement upon hiring.

Most of the process was done online, however I got the support of the hiring personnel on the phone thru the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, however their requirements for a physical and dental exam can be a hassle if you are unemployed or uninsured   Answer Question
    No negotiation since is a contract job

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at DynCorp International in October 2011.

I had very little interview time because I worked at the home office. People skills were short and sweet. The office told me I was hired and I would get a packet telling me what my job consist of and 3 months later I got it.

Interview Questions
    • Can you stay away from your family for 3 months at a time was unexpected because to me it was something you should already know.   Answer Question
    None it was this is what you get and you leave this date. Which 6 weeks later I did.

Project Controls Specialist Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at DynCorp International in September 2011.

Submitted resume to a friend who passed it along to DynCorp Human Resources. Received a call from Project Controls Manager a few months later who interviewed me for an overseas assignment. Received a call from Human Resources a month later and prepared all the paperwork for working overseas.

Interview Questions
    • After discussing my background and qualifications the hiring manager asked how soon I'd like to come to work.   View Answer
    The amount I was offered was fixed for person's of my skills and background due to DynCorp's bid as a contractor for the US Gov. I had researched the pay of my position prior to the job offer, so was not surprised by the rate.