DynCorp International

Updated Feb 8, 2015
Updated Feb 8, 2015

2.4

Ordnance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Şūr Maşīrah (Oman)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Şūr Maşīrah (Oman)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in October 2010.

Phone interview, quite in-depth, but very professional. Interviewed via phone because I lived in the U.S. and the job/interviewer both were on Oman. Interviewer described all aspects of the job, living conditions, travel, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions regarding past experiences equating to job description.   Answer Question
    Salary was not negotiable, however, there were attractive additional options /benefits that were, "icing on the cake".

Corporate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DynCorp International in April 2012.

I had two phone interviews followed by several weeks without hearing anything. I was contacted for an onsite interview at their corporate headquarters which was held on April of 2012. I was told by the recruiter that I did very well and they had one internal candidate to interview and they would let me know. I heard nothing for several weeks and finally contacted the recruiter who said the position was on hold. During this time I submitted my expense report for my meals and some other travel-related expenses. After resubmitting my expenses two more times over four months I gave up and never received my reimbursement. Thankfully air, hotel and car were direct billed. I also never heard back about the position. I did see it reposted several months later. I was disappointed that I never heard from the hiring manager again which I would expect if the position was on hold, or get an official rejection not to mention reimbursement. This spoke volumes as to the type of company DynCorp might be.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing stood out to me as being a tough question. Mostly about my past experience.   View Answer

Transportation Manager Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at DynCorp International in October 2008.

The interview was the result of an internal promotion met with manager discussed a few topics and submitted a letter of interest

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in January 2010.

Brutal process of getting around HR organization, but the employees I worked with in an operational capacity were professional, excellent and respectful.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your prior experiences with 'x' technology   View Answer
    • What experience do you have managing people?   View Answer
    Ask for the max: You will find lesser skilled employees scattered throughout the organization making exorbitant amounts because they caught Dyncorp in a bind at the time of the contract with the gov't. When Dyncorp gets desperate for people, they simply up the contract amount with the gov't. So long as Dyn gets it's cut of the contract, they aren't overly concerned if they you 100k or 150k. It's all negotiable to their customer, the gov't.

Supervisor Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at DynCorp International in January 2011.

I was contacted by a recruiter. Answered some initial questions and was selected for a phone interview with the Hiring Manager. I has a successful phone interview with the Manager and was invited in by the recruiter for a 1 on 1 interview. The interview lasted 3 hours and consist of several key personnel. Later that evening I was extended an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Provide a detail description of your background and experience.   Answer Question

MWR Foreman Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at DynCorp International in November 2011.

I had a call from one of the recruiting agent who gave me an interview date which I had no option of changing. We had a one on one talk about my work and experiences.
    Then I had to take a lengthy English proficiency test which tested repetition, word formation,listening and talking.
    The recruiter emailed the results to the Dyncorp HR and the job was offered.

Advice: The recruiters seem to be more concerned about your experience (the higher the better) and if not an American National, the higher the post applied for the higher you have to score in the English Proficiency test.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a detailed about your work experience and achievements   View Answer

Got another offer locally

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akhtarmukhammed-Kalay, Kandahar Province (Afghanistan)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DynCorp International in August 2011.

They called me and asked basic job questions.

Security Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in September 2011.

The process was short and quick but the administartive part wasslow due to the involvement of others processing multiple individuals at a time

Interview Questions
    Make sure that everything is in writing in your contract

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at DynCorp International in December 2010.

It was pretty seamless and straight. They had a job description to my role. The interviewer made me feel comfortable.

Not much was negotiated

Maintenance Clerk Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at DynCorp International in February 2010.

There was minimum requirements for the interview and the questions were quite precise not as the the former employer who was strict this particular one was just easy since most jobs given are subordinate jobs.