DynCorp International Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.4

Supply/Logistics Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at DynCorp International in January 2015.

I applied online via the DynCorp International Website at the end of December then I received a call after about 4 weeks from a DynCorp Recruiter who sounded positive about me and went over the particular job I applied. She asked if I was experienced with certain systems and certain things that were required with the job and I said I was. She sounded positive about me and stated everything about this position to include the location (country of assignment) which I thought was great because it was the same location as my last deployment I was on while in the Air Force then she covered living conditions there, the pay, benefits, and EVEN a departure date. It almost sounded as if I was about to receive an offer then she stated the "Supply Manager" would be conducting another interview with me. We then discussed my military experience and she looked at my DD Form 214 and the experience I placed in the computer and she noticed my rank and asked if I had "lost" a stripe and I said yes then she asked why and I gave her a very general description because it is something I was embarrassed about. She then said it would not be a big deal because it did not sound like anything "criminal," a small mistake, and I was discharged "HONORABLY" with a retirement pension. She asked me to update my resume showing my experience in those places that were required for this position and I did that then sent it later that night. Two days later, I was at work and had a missed call from her stating she needed another copy of my DD Form 214 scanned because the one I had uploaded to my profile was missing the last page so I went home and grabbed my copy then scanned it from work. I called her to let her know I did that and she was thankful and stated her manager was impressed by my resume but they were also expressing "concern" over my lost stripe and the thing that caused it and I was wondering why she did not say that in the voice message she left about my DD 214. She said it would be best to craft up a memorandum stating that and I did that and I gave a detailed explanation on what happened, why, and even stated it was my fault. I also enclosed some memorandum for records from former supervisors and co-workers containing positive comments about me which were written before I received my final punishment for my act. One day later, she thanked me for that and stated she sent them to her supply manager and still sounded hopeful about my employment there and still sounded like this would not be an issue. Less than a day later while I was on lunch at work, I received one of those usual e-mails you receive from jobs where they say, "I regret to inform you, we are pursuing other qualified applicants for this position"..... Yes, this was just an e-mail. I then called her and she claimed the Supply Manager thought long and hard about this but just was not comfortable with my explanation on why I lost that stripe ALMOST TWO YEARS AGO and went and "consoled" with their "security manager" and they concluded this probably was a bit more than what I wrote, instead of thinking I may have had a "hard" commander, and I retired at 17 years due to the force reduction cuts in 2014 at 17 years and they thought it was "suspicious" I got out three years before my 20 and an incident like that should have kept me in there. I explained to her I was forced to retire because of the "cuts" and this act I did in early 2013 was a factor but NOT the direct cause or my commander would have recommended discharge back then and that's why I could not stay until 20. I also stated I retired and had an HONORABLE discharge and never lost my "Secret" security clearance over this and said they could ask anybody. So, I was qualified for the job, more than qualified but they made me ineligible for this position because of "theories" about something in my past I was completely honest about, I have no criminal record, I did not lose my security clearance, and have an HONORABLE discharge and will receive a retirement the rest of my life. Sounds like they were "fishing" for something there and they sound pretty inept and I really hope they get some people there with some sense and this was ridiculous. They claim to have a close relationship with the military or Air Force so why don't they have "blue suiters" in the AF they could have consoled regarding me instead of jumping to conclusions? Why didn't they bounce questions back to me to get some insight on this? This was ridiculous and DynCorp uses "recruiters" and not the normal HR people and it's rare from what I hear, to get a call from a recruiter and I figured they should have had all this stuff straightened out before my first call..... The recruiter also said she hopes I apply for something later on (not sure how long from now) and could have a chance getting that but I'm not sure if they'll still ask the same BS questions about my past act in the military.

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DynCorp International.

There was no interview. After applying, I was later contacted by phone and told I got the job. After 5 years here, I still have yet to meet the lady who called me. I don't even know where she works. Everyone I know didn't go through an interview. They love military, but I know of 4 employees out of 500 that have no military experience. I was former military.

Interview Questions

MCS/Manager/Supervisor/Logistics Specialist/Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kandah, Parwan Province (Afghanistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kandah, Parwan Province (Afghanistan)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in January 2012.

The interview process was short and unprofessional. The background check was the longest process of the hiring process with this company. The Recruiter was pleasant over the phone, but there was not onsite meetings with the Recruiters or company oversight.

Interview Questions
    The negotiations were simple, and if without employment - what you are looking for. My advice is not to fall for everything you hear, even from a company as such. All money is not good money.

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at DynCorp International in October 2011.

I had very little interview time because I worked at the home office. People skills were short and sweet. The office told me I was hired and I would get a packet telling me what my job consist of and 3 months later I got it.

Interview Questions
    • Can you stay away from your family for 3 months at a time was unexpected because to me it was something you should already know.   View Answer
    None it was this is what you get and you leave this date. Which 6 weeks later I did.

Aircraft Technical Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kabul (Afghanistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at DynCorp International in March 2013.

Very few questions were asked. A detailed review of my application was made, my references were contacted and I was offered the position. The process after the interview was hectic and rushed. Less than a week was given to go through medical and dental appointments. A minimum equipment list was given in the last couple days that included over $2000 worth of tools that needed to be shipped at my expense (reimbursable).

Interview Questions
    • Can you be ready to go to Afghanistan this weekend?   View Answer
    No negotiation. All benefits were set.

MCT Coordinator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in December 2010.

HIring was easy - When I was descoped from KBR Dec 2010 - I traveled thru Dubai. While in Dubai, DYN interviewed me. I went home for X-MAS and was on a plane Jan 2011 going to Houston.

Interview Questions
    • I didnt' have a difficult question. I know my job skils and answered all necessary question.   Answer Question
    HIred on the spot in Dubai.

Security Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DynCorp International in November 2011.

Online application, (takes about 1hr to fill all the details) then just waited, it took about 6 months before I got a call. I already have given out on all overseas jobs since I got the same experience with at least 4 other companies, however after the first call everything was easy.

They gave me a list of documents they require (passport, DL, military records and others) plus send me to get a physical and dental examination, which I a pay for it but the company reimbursement upon hiring.

Most of the process was done online, however I got the support of the hiring personnel on the phone thru the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, however their requirements for a physical and dental exam can be a hassle if you are unemployed or uninsured   Answer Question
    No negotiation since is a contract job

Air Traffic Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in August 2011.

I was interviewed over the phone, and I was told I'd get a supervisor position most likely. I was offered a position that same night, and sent a welcome packet. Since I was in Iraq, I had to return to the US for a few days while my clearance was processed. I then went to Ft. Worth to process. Processing wasn't bad, as it was quick and DI put me up in the Marriott hotel. After completion of processing, which included a perfunctory physical exam, I was shipped off to Afghanistan.

Security Lead Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fiji (Saudi Arabia)
    Anonymous Employee in Fiji (Saudi Arabia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in May 2009.

Comunication was good and also the culture

Fuels Foreman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DynCorp International in September 2012.

Hiring process includes sitting through hours of power point presentations and a physical if you can make it through the power point slides and the physical your hired.

No negotiation phase one set offer despite years of experience and certifications