DynCorp International Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.4

Project Controls Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Interviewer seemed confused. He could not focus on my answers. Said DynCorp has MAJOR cost issues and system problems. When I suggested we could look into to fixing them, he sighed with exhaustion. I thought to myself, people like that do not last long and I know I could make a difference here at DI if I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Have you prepared a cost report before? Have you ever done it with the worst system ever?   1 Answer

Rotary Wing Mechanic Interview

Interview

Simple hiring process no interview required, it was all based off resume and recommendations

Service Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, went in for interview, was offered job following day. Interview and whole process went smoothly. Nothing to complain about. The whole process took about a week. Everyone was friendly and easy to speak to.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you can't figure out a problem?   1 Answer

Aviation Technical Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Very short. Mostly verification of items on resume. I had applied online for an available mechanic job, but mentioned my experience as a technical inspector. I was hired for the mechanic job, but called the next day and offered the TI job.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience do you have Do you feel comfortable working overseas Can you leave this week   1 Answer

COMBS Quality Assurance Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, MS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Columbus, MS) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview consisted of two PMO employees and once started, it lasted about 20 minutes. The two asked questions about my prior experience and asked if this job was still something I would be interested in towards the end. Nothing out of the ordinary, usual HR questions about working with others and what would you do questions.

Interview Questions

• I was taken to the shop and asked on the spot what I would change. QEC and GSE shop which is also where my desk is located.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Union job, so there was nothing that could be negotiated except for relocation reimbursement.

Program Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DynCorp International in November 2012.

Interview

Quiz you based on everything from Google, including wrong answers.

Plumber Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Baltimore, MD) in October 2012.

Interview

at first a lot of paperwork going to doctors getting your background checked every thing was on a time limit they fly you down to ft worth very nice plac to stay they pay for your food you process at the hotel doctors etc. then you fly out going to Dubai until they fly you down to Afghanistan it was a short week with everything being done in a short time frame

Interview Questions

• food was not good in Dubai so go out to eat every time you have a chance   Answer Question

Fuels Foreman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Hiring process includes sitting through hours of power point presentations and a physical if you can make it through the power point slides and the physical your hired.

Negotiation

No negotiation phase one set offer despite years of experience and certifications

Corporate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Falls Church, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

I had two phone interviews followed by several weeks without hearing anything. I was contacted for an onsite interview at their corporate headquarters which was held on April of 2012. I was told by the recruiter that I did very well and they had one internal candidate to interview and they would let me know. I heard nothing for several weeks and finally contacted the recruiter who said the position was on hold. During this time I submitted my expense report for my meals and some other travel-related expenses. After resubmitting my expenses two more times over four months I gave up and never received my reimbursement. Thankfully air, hotel and car were direct billed. I also never heard back about the position. I did see it reposted several months later. I was disappointed that I never heard from the hiring manager again which I would expect if the position was on hold, or get an official rejection not to mention reimbursement. This spoke volumes as to the type of company DynCorp might be.

Interview Questions

• Nothing stood out to me as being a tough question. Mostly about my past experience.   1 Answer

WRM Site Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Falls Church, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

Flew to Va, talked for about 30 minutes about the program, experiences with the War Reserve Materiel program and managing people. Asked about education, salary expectation and if I was comfortable with working under contract

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of the program. Prior military experience. Prior management experience   Answer Question