DynCorp International

Updated Feb 8, 2015

2.4

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DynCorp International in November 2011.

Done through a third-party recruiting company. One hand does not know what the other is doing, so lots of duplication.

Interview Questions
    • A "stump the dummy" quiz that no one can possibly answer.   Answer Question
    All offers are "take it or leave it." Do not believe you will ever receive the Management Incentive Bonus unless you abandon all sense of principle and independent thinking.

Security Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DynCorp International in November 2011.

Online application, (takes about 1hr to fill all the details) then just waited, it took about 6 months before I got a call. I already have given out on all overseas jobs since I got the same experience with at least 4 other companies, however after the first call everything was easy.

They gave me a list of documents they require (passport, DL, military records and others) plus send me to get a physical and dental examination, which I a pay for it but the company reimbursement upon hiring.

Most of the process was done online, however I got the support of the hiring personnel on the phone thru the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, however their requirements for a physical and dental exam can be a hassle if you are unemployed or uninsured   Answer Question
    No negotiation since is a contract job

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at DynCorp International in October 2011.

I had very little interview time because I worked at the home office. People skills were short and sweet. The office told me I was hired and I would get a packet telling me what my job consist of and 3 months later I got it.

Interview Questions
    • Can you stay away from your family for 3 months at a time was unexpected because to me it was something you should already know.   Answer Question
    None it was this is what you get and you leave this date. Which 6 weeks later I did.

Project Controls Specialist Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at DynCorp International in September 2011.

Submitted resume to a friend who passed it along to DynCorp Human Resources. Received a call from Project Controls Manager a few months later who interviewed me for an overseas assignment. Received a call from Human Resources a month later and prepared all the paperwork for working overseas.

Interview Questions
    • After discussing my background and qualifications the hiring manager asked how soon I'd like to come to work.   View Answer
    The amount I was offered was fixed for person's of my skills and background due to DynCorp's bid as a contractor for the US Gov. I had researched the pay of my position prior to the job offer, so was not surprised by the rate.

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at DynCorp International in September 2011.

Very simple. There was a phone interview. They asked for samples of your work and experience with office software. The last item was the face to face interview with a very high strung yet brilliant VP. She knew exactly what she wanted, and would not settle for less.

Interview Questions
    • The question about mistakes in the past. Sometimes it is very hard to admit your mistakes.   View Answer

Cargo Document Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at DynCorp International in August 2011.

the company opened an office in my town and I applied directly with cv at the reception ... leave a phone number and then call you to interview
    after one interview call you for another interview if you passed and sign a contract that shows exactly how much your have on hour and annual salary on year..after signing contract I've been waiting for a visa and ticket about 2 months and then went to the doctor in dubai for physical..
    I wait about 15 days before I depart to Afghanistan

Interview Questions
    • basicly ask whatever you have written in the CV...about your Job Title   Answer Question
    negotiatingabout positions and salaries

Air Traffic Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in August 2011.

I was interviewed over the phone, and I was told I'd get a supervisor position most likely. I was offered a position that same night, and sent a welcome packet. Since I was in Iraq, I had to return to the US for a few days while my clearance was processed. I then went to Ft. Worth to process. Processing wasn't bad, as it was quick and DI put me up in the Marriott hotel. After completion of processing, which included a perfunctory physical exam, I was shipped off to Afghanistan.

Heavy Wheeled Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at DynCorp International in June 2011.

submit all info correct and detailed as possible and in a timely matter.

quick because all my kids where out of school and I was beyond ready to change my financial situation and jobs in the us where to competitive and you had to know somebody to get ina

Police Mentor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Memphis, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Memphis, AR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in June 2011.

Be prepared for a lot of paperwork going back and forth, you need to have copies of training certifications and items related to work experience. Process moves fairly well if they need you, can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months. PAST is not that difficult, be in shape and it will be easy. Don't get psyched out by the mental health review.

Interview Questions
    • How will you deal with the separation from friends and family?   Answer Question
    none

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DynCorp International in March 2011.

Employees are either contract to hire or hired directly. Contractors as heavily used at DI and there is some envy by full time employees due to overtime regularly required but only contractors are paid overtime. Direct hire are at times put off for weeks / months until they lose the candidate who opts for another opportunity. Contract to hire is much more informal and good results usually results in job offer - if contractor is willing to accept salary (sometimes well below the compensation as a contractor).

Interview Questions
    Lengthy negotiations, HR was not up to date on industry comps