DynCorp International Interview Questions

Updated Sep 29, 2014
Updated Sep 29, 2014

2.4

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at DynCorp International in September 2011.

Very simple. There was a phone interview. They asked for samples of your work and experience with office software. The last item was the face to face interview with a very high strung yet brilliant VP. She knew exactly what she wanted, and would not settle for less.

Interview Questions
    • The question about mistakes in the past. Sometimes it is very hard to admit your mistakes.   View Answer

Air Traffic Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in August 2011.

I was interviewed over the phone, and I was told I'd get a supervisor position most likely. I was offered a position that same night, and sent a welcome packet. Since I was in Iraq, I had to return to the US for a few days while my clearance was processed. I then went to Ft. Worth to process. Processing wasn't bad, as it was quick and DI put me up in the Marriott hotel. After completion of processing, which included a perfunctory physical exam, I was shipped off to Afghanistan.

Heavy Wheeled Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at DynCorp International in June 2011.

submit all info correct and detailed as possible and in a timely matter.

quick because all my kids where out of school and I was beyond ready to change my financial situation and jobs in the us where to competitive and you had to know somebody to get ina

Police Mentor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Memphis, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Memphis, AR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in June 2011.

Be prepared for a lot of paperwork going back and forth, you need to have copies of training certifications and items related to work experience. Process moves fairly well if they need you, can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months. PAST is not that difficult, be in shape and it will be easy. Don't get psyched out by the mental health review.

Interview Questions
    • How will you deal with the separation from friends and family?   Answer Question
    none

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DynCorp International in March 2011.

Employees are either contract to hire or hired directly. Contractors as heavily used at DI and there is some envy by full time employees due to overtime regularly required but only contractors are paid overtime. Direct hire are at times put off for weeks / months until they lose the candidate who opts for another opportunity. Contract to hire is much more informal and good results usually results in job offer - if contractor is willing to accept salary (sometimes well below the compensation as a contractor).

Interview Questions
    Lengthy negotiations, HR was not up to date on industry comps

Project Controls Specialist Senior Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in January 2011.

Talked with a couple different folks. They were nice on the phone and I just tried to be personable and talk to them like a buddy. They mostly wanted to know if I knew about Cobra software. No difficult questions. Management likes their butt kissed so compliment them. Leave them feeling good about themselves.

Interview Questions
    I asked for moving expenses and I was granted $5000 bonus.

MCT Coordinator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in December 2010.

HIring was easy - When I was descoped from KBR Dec 2010 - I traveled thru Dubai. While in Dubai, DYN interviewed me. I went home for X-MAS and was on a plane Jan 2011 going to Houston.

Interview Questions
    • I didnt' have a difficult question. I know my job skils and answered all necessary question.   Answer Question
    HIred on the spot in Dubai.

Senior Recruiter Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in October 2010.

I had 2 interviews with DynCorp. The process took about three weeks before I was notified of the hire. The interview process consisted of questions about Human Resource policies recruitment strategies, favorite positions held and behavioral questions. The interviews lasted for one hour and were conducted by a manager and team lead.

Interview Questions
    • What was the hardest position to fill and how did I fill the vacant position?   Answer Question

Senior Budget Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DynCorp International in August 2010.

This was very good and fit the interview to the position and responsibilities

Limited negotiation very much take it or leave it.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in June 2010.

Expect to have a technical, over the phone interview that will last anywhere to 30 to 60 minutes usually with several people on the line. if passed, you will have an in-person interview with the direct manager and then an in-person interview with the director, each lasting about an hour. Typically these occur on the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Be expected to write a mid-level complexity SQL query during the in-person interview.   Answer Question
    Salary is negotiable within 5% depending on experience.