DynCorp International Interview Questions

Updated Sep 29, 2014
Updated Sep 29, 2014

2.4

Senior Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International.

Selected my resume, called me, and the rest was waiting for HR

Interview Questions
    None. They gave me the salary and benefits right up front.

Warehouse Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN

The process took a dayinterviewed at DynCorp International in September 2009.

Went in and spoke with an interviewer. Had to take a drug test and backgrounch check.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to depend on team work to meet a deadline.   Answer Question

Acft Tech UH-60 Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at DynCorp International in September 2010.

If you pass the drug test we will inforn you if you get hired if you do pass we will inform you who to contact and will inform you where to report to if the case you do not pass your drug test you will not be incosideration of this job. if you do pass your drug test you will then be informed who to contact.

Materials Control Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at DynCorp International in May 2010.

The interview was stressful for most of the candidates but basically it was just as every other job interview.
    The recruiters were nice and kind.They didn't rush you in answering their questions.Nice atmophesere in the office.

Heavy Vehicle Mechanic Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at DynCorp International in May 2012.

First contact with the company was via a e-mail from a senior recruiter after I had applied approx. 2 months before. 3 days after I responded to the email answering a couple of questions I received a call from the recruiter asking me a couple of affirmation questions. Also received a call from the hiring manager in theater affirming some prior work experience. So from the first e-mail to the last phone call the process took about 4 days.

Interview Questions
    • If you were selected, would you be able to leave the country within 2 weeks? If not, why?   View Answer
    • Do you have a current passport? If yes, when does it expire?   View Answer
    The salary was non-negotiable. It was less than I had hoped for but still seemed adequate.

Operator Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at DynCorp International in July 2007.

Applied online and got a call back about three days later. They saw my military experience and asked if I wanted the job. I accepted and a week later I received my contract and an appointment for a drug test. then about a month later I was on my flight headed to kuwait.

Desk Top Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at DynCorp International in February 2012.

The interview process took about 15min. The recruiter just grilled me about what I diid on my last job. After the interview the recruiter seemed satisfied and offer a salary package that I did not accept. She told me that the ball pack and no room for negotiation. I declined her offer

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle an upset user, who is afraid of missing her report deadline due to Computer issue   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with a team member when an issue arise that leads to unpleasant working environment   Answer Question

I believe the offer is about $25k short of what other employers offer for this position to work in war zone. I made more than her offer working in Iraq, which is consider less dangerous than Afghanistan

Mechanic Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at DynCorp International in August 2008.

The interview went great. I spoke with the shop lead who seemed very layed back. I didn't have any experience with Army vehicles, just Marine Corp vehicles. But he liked my attitude and I made that he knew that I was quick learner.

Passenger Support Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DynCorp International in September 2009.

The recruiter called me at work one day and asked if I was interested in a position that my resume matched for. Honestly, it wasn't a difficult interview at all. My resume matched what he was looking for and a few answers about the specifics of my job history satisfied his requirements and he offered me the job right there.

Having sat in on many interviews with this company in the years since I was initially hired, many manager's here aren't looking for future leaders as they already usually want to hire those from within. Unless you are interviewing for a leadership position, emphasize your desire to just "do your job" and don't make a lot of your aspirations. Your time to shine will come once you've gotten your foot in the door.

Interview Questions
    • He was interested in the dates of my employment, probably to fill in my work history in his recruiting packet. But I didn't know them all off-hand. I'd have that stuff readily available.   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate at all on the pay-rate as it wasn't for a management position, but I did get them to buy me a ticket out of Baghdad.

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salalah (Oman)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salalah (Oman)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DynCorp International.

Mostly they were detail oriented questions like, "What is DHCP," or "What does DNS stand for?" Nothing too hard--I already met the hiring manager a year prior, so he knew my qualifications.

Take it or leave it, so I took it.