DynCorp International

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Falls Church, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DynCorp International in October 2008.

Interview Details – Has improved significantly to a viable recruitment and on boarding process since I joined the company 5 years ago.

Negotiation Details – Professional

Training Coordinator Interview

Training Coordinator
Jacksonville, WV

I applied online - interviewed at DynCorp International in August 2009.

Interview Details – Submit resume, meet medical and security clearance requirments, meet prior training and experience requirements, recieve offer letter, complete initial training and corporate interview

Interview Question – How do you know you will be able to spend an extensive amount of time in a third world country conflict area away from your family?   View Answers (2)

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DynCorp International in January 2010.

Interview Details – Brutal process of getting around HR organization, but the employees I worked with in an operational capacity were professional, excellent and respectful.

Interview Questions

• Describe your prior experiences with 'x' technology   View Answer
  • What experience do you have managing people?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Ask for the max: You will find lesser skilled employees scattered throughout the organization making exorbitant amounts because they caught Dyncorp in a bind at the time of the contract with the gov't. When Dyncorp gets desperate for people, they simply up the contract amount with the gov't. So long as Dyn gets it's cut of the contract, they aren't overly concerned if they you 100k or 150k. It's all negotiable to their customer, the gov't.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at DynCorp International in July 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewer friendly and very poised. Interviewer travel frequently and was very specific about needing to hire a person with the qualifications needed to do job. Wanted exact skills and nothing less.

Interview Question – What is your expericene with FAR   View Answer

Warehouse Specialist Interview

Warehouse Specialist
Clarksville, TN

The process took a day - interviewed at DynCorp International in September 2009.

Interview Details – Went in and spoke with an interviewer. Had to take a drug test and backgrounch check.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you had to depend on team work to meet a deadline.   Answer Question

Aircraft Technical Inspector Interview

Aircraft Technical Inspector
Kabul (Afghanistan)

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at DynCorp International in March 2013.

Interview Details – Very few questions were asked. A detailed review of my application was made, my references were contacted and I was offered the position. The process after the interview was hectic and rushed. Less than a week was given to go through medical and dental appointments. A minimum equipment list was given in the last couple days that included over $2000 worth of tools that needed to be shipped at my expense (reimbursable).

Interview Question – Can you be ready to go to Afghanistan this weekend?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. All benefits were set.

Very Easy Interview

MCS/Manager/Supervisor/Logistics Specialist/Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

MCS/Manager/Supervisor/Logistics Specialist/Executive Administrative Assistant
Kandah, Parwan Province (Afghanistan)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at DynCorp International in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was short and unprofessional. The background check was the longest process of the hiring process with this company. The Recruiter was pleasant over the phone, but there was not onsite meetings with the Recruiters or company oversight.

Interview Question – Does your husband work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiations were simple, and if without employment - what you are looking for. My advice is not to fall for everything you hear, even from a company as such. All money is not good money.

Senior Project Controls Specialist Interview

Senior Project Controls Specialist
Kabul (Afghanistan)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DynCorp International in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was shorter than I expected but I had previous LOGCAP project experience in Iraq so I was known to the interviewer through a former co-worker. Governement contracting and LOGCAP in particular is a small world. It made the hiring and interview process a lot more easier and relaxed.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. I supplied a good resume and a letter of reference with the complete application.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotation. Salary based on government contract.

General Labor/Warehouseman Interview

General Labor/Warehouseman
Nairobi (Kenya)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DynCorp International in May 2014.

Interview Details – the interview was well, i like it, it has motivation towards application of jobs.moreso the question was almost the same.the interview was also abit challenging but all i go throug.thanks for the time they take over me.

Interview Question – the rage of salary.would i be able to ask about the salary?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation at all, i would to ask them to be volunteer

Airfield Operations Supervisor Interview