DynCorp International Interview Questions & Reviews

2.4

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DynCorp International in February 2010.

When I was scouting DI as a potential employer, I found that I liked the company's values. That was one of the things that attracted me to the company. My interview process was short. I only had one phone and one face-to-face interview. Prior employment experience put me on a short list of candidates. My interview was conducted by a Jr. VP and my hiring manager, as well as an HR representative who seemed to be keeping the interview questions on a certain tack.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about yourself" is the bane of my existence in an interview, and it was no different here. I prepare for this question with every interview, and it's still always the hardest thing to answer.   Answer Question
    Salary was fixed, so no negotiation took place.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Falls Church, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DynCorp International in October 2008.

Has improved significantly to a viable recruitment and on boarding process since I joined the company 5 years ago.

Professional

Training Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, WV

I interviewed online - interviewed at DynCorp International in August 2009.

Submit resume, meet medical and security clearance requirments, meet prior training and experience requirements, recieve offer letter, complete initial training and corporate interview

Interview Questions
    • How do you know you will be able to spend an extensive amount of time in a third world country conflict area away from your family?   View Answers (2)

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DynCorp International in January 2010.

Brutal process of getting around HR organization, but the employees I worked with in an operational capacity were professional, excellent and respectful.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your prior experiences with 'x' technology   View Answer
    • What experience do you have managing people?   View Answer
    Ask for the max: You will find lesser skilled employees scattered throughout the organization making exorbitant amounts because they caught Dyncorp in a bind at the time of the contract with the gov't. When Dyncorp gets desperate for people, they simply up the contract amount with the gov't. So long as Dyn gets it's cut of the contract, they aren't overly concerned if they you 100k or 150k. It's all negotiable to their customer, the gov't.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at DynCorp International in July 2009.

Interviewer friendly and very poised. Interviewer travel frequently and was very specific about needing to hire a person with the qualifications needed to do job. Wanted exact skills and nothing less.

Warehouse Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clarksville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN

The process took a day - interviewed at DynCorp International in September 2009.

Went in and spoke with an interviewer. Had to take a drug test and backgrounch check.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to depend on team work to meet a deadline.   Answer Question

Force Generation & Integration Adviser to the Afghan National Police Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I interviewed online - interviewed at DynCorp International in October 2012.

No interview. Applied for the position on the company web site. In processing was conducted via email: Medical Records, Security Clearance, Passport Copy, Direct Deposit, Flight Tickets.

No negotiation.

Aircraft Technical Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at DynCorp International in March 2013.

Very few questions were asked. A detailed review of my application was made, my references were contacted and I was offered the position. The process after the interview was hectic and rushed. Less than a week was given to go through medical and dental appointments. A minimum equipment list was given in the last couple days that included over $2000 worth of tools that needed to be shipped at my expense (reimbursable).

Interview Questions
    • Can you be ready to go to Afghanistan this weekend?   View Answer
    No negotiation. All benefits were set.

MCS/Manager/Supervisor/Logistics Specialist/Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kandah, Parwan Province (Afghanistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kandah, Parwan Province (Afghanistan)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at DynCorp International in January 2012.

The interview process was short and unprofessional. The background check was the longest process of the hiring process with this company. The Recruiter was pleasant over the phone, but there was not onsite meetings with the Recruiters or company oversight.

Interview Questions
    The negotiations were simple, and if without employment - what you are looking for. My advice is not to fall for everything you hear, even from a company as such. All money is not good money.

Senior Project Controls Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DynCorp International in March 2012.

The interview was shorter than I expected but I had previous LOGCAP project experience in Iraq so I was known to the interviewer through a former co-worker. Governement contracting and LOGCAP in particular is a small world. It made the hiring and interview process a lot more easier and relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. I supplied a good resume and a letter of reference with the complete application.   Answer Question
    No negotation. Salary based on government contract.