DynCorp International

2.4

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in October 2008.

Has improved significantly to a viable recruitment and on boarding process since I joined the company 5 years ago.

Professional

Fuel Distribution Systems Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Al Qurayn (Kuwait)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Al Qurayn (Kuwait)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in January 2010.

Email, Phone, Fax/ Kuwait Office, Afghanistan Office. A lot of person I don't want to write all of their name.

Interview Questions
    About benefits and vacation.

Munitions Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DynCorp International.

The interview was over the phone. The interviewer was very courteous and professional and did not make me feel intimidated. The hiring process was pretty smooth. The HR reps were extremely helpful. I was surprised at how quickly they responded to my emails. They were even answering emails on weekends and evenings. I would like to note that the reason my hiring process took so long was because it was overseas and my security clearance and visa application ran into a few bumps, but it was all worked out.

Interview Questions
    • The technical questions were the hardest, since I had been out of my field for 5 years. But I did a pretty good job at selling myself.   Answer Question

COMBS Quality Assurance Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, MS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in January 2013.

The interview consisted of two PMO employees and once started, it lasted about 20 minutes. The two asked questions about my prior experience and asked if this job was still something I would be interested in towards the end. Nothing out of the ordinary, usual HR questions about working with others and what would you do questions.

Interview Questions
    • I was taken to the shop and asked on the spot what I would change. QEC and GSE shop which is also where my desk is located.   Answer Question
    Union job, so there was nothing that could be negotiated except for relocation reimbursement.

Plumber Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DynCorp International in October 2012.

at first a lot of paperwork going to doctors getting your background checked every thing was on a time limit they fly you down to ft worth very nice plac to stay they pay for your food you process at the hotel doctors etc. then you fly out going to Dubai until they fly you down to Afghanistan it was a short week with everything being done in a short time frame

Interview Questions
    • food was not good in Dubai so go out to eat every time you have a chance   Answer Question

Police Mentor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Memphis, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Memphis, AR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in June 2011.

Be prepared for a lot of paperwork going back and forth, you need to have copies of training certifications and items related to work experience. Process moves fairly well if they need you, can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months. PAST is not that difficult, be in shape and it will be easy. Don't get psyched out by the mental health review.

Interview Questions
    • How will you deal with the separation from friends and family?   Answer Question
    none

Senior Project Controls Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kabul (Afghanistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in March 2012.

The interview was shorter than I expected but I had previous LOGCAP project experience in Iraq so I was known to the interviewer through a former co-worker. Governement contracting and LOGCAP in particular is a small world. It made the hiring and interview process a lot more easier and relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. I supplied a good resume and a letter of reference with the complete application.   Answer Question
    No negotation. Salary based on government contract.

Heavy Wheel Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Bliss, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Bliss, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International.

Straight forward for the most part. HR will call you if interested to set up an interview. The interview will be a series of questions pertaining to the field. Answer all questions to the best of your ability. All positions with this company will pay what is offered in offer letter, with no chance of a raise or promotion. You must apply for another position to get more pay. No overtime.

Interview Questions
    None. A letter is sent to you, either you accept or you do not.

Project Controls Specialist Senior Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in January 2011.

Talked with a couple different folks. They were nice on the phone and I just tried to be personable and talk to them like a buddy. They mostly wanted to know if I knew about Cobra software. No difficult questions. Management likes their butt kissed so compliment them. Leave them feeling good about themselves.

Interview Questions
    I asked for moving expenses and I was granted $5000 bonus.

Fuel Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ḩawallī (Kuwait)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ḩawallī (Kuwait)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in May 2010.

i was recruited by an agent in INDIA and the selection process was long and it contains police clearance certificate, educational qualification certificates, verification done.Later i was interviewed by company management once the verification and interview process done. First Service Agreement, Badging ,Training , Paper work, Visual classes ,Medical checkup and provided two pairs of duty uniform and mobalised to work site after completion of above hiring process.