DynCorp International Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.4

Acft Tech UH-60 Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DynCorp International in September 2010.

Interview

If you pass the drug test we will inforn you if you get hired if you do pass we will inform you who to contact and will inform you where to report to if the case you do not pass your drug test you will not be incosideration of this job. if you do pass your drug test you will then be informed who to contact.

Warehouse Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Clarksville, TN) in September 2009.

Interview

Went in and spoke with an interviewer. Had to take a drug test and backgrounch check.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to depend on team work to meet a deadline.   Answer Question

Senior Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DynCorp International.

Interview

Selected my resume, called me, and the rest was waiting for HR

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. They gave me the salary and benefits right up front.

Material Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kandahar (Afghanistan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Kandahar (Afghanistan)) in May 2012.

Interview

The recruiter goes based off of your resume. They ask you if you are familiar with SARSS. That is almost the only thing they care about. Not too many questions or than that. After the interview, the recruiter will send your resume to the hiring manager where he/she will decide if they want to hire you. (Takes about a few days) then you will receive and offer letter in your email. You sign, send back and everything else is too easy. Start your medicals and you're pretty much off to in processing in Dallas Fort Worth

Interview Questions

• None. They pretty much trust in you just from your resume   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really is not negotiation. Its take it or leave it.

Air Traffic Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed over the phone, and I was told I'd get a supervisor position most likely. I was offered a position that same night, and sent a welcome packet. Since I was in Iraq, I had to return to the US for a few days while my clearance was processed. I then went to Ft. Worth to process. Processing wasn't bad, as it was quick and DI put me up in the Marriott hotel. After completion of processing, which included a perfunctory physical exam, I was shipped off to Afghanistan.

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DynCorp International in September 2009.

Interview

Sign up online to the company website with resume application and cover letter. Interview process is performed en-masse at hotel or convention center at conclusion of contracts. drop off hard copy of resume, only 5 min interviews as it is more groups at the same time and entered into data base for possible employment.

Interview Questions

• What is your expereince on such and such airframe?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation. Governmnt contracts are take it or leave it affairs

Heavy Vehicle Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DynCorp International in May 2012.

Interview

First contact with the company was via a e-mail from a senior recruiter after I had applied approx. 2 months before. 3 days after I responded to the email answering a couple of questions I received a call from the recruiter asking me a couple of affirmation questions. Also received a call from the hiring manager in theater affirming some prior work experience. So from the first e-mail to the last phone call the process took about 4 days.

Interview Questions

• If you were selected, would you be able to leave the country within 2 weeks? If not, why?   1 Answer
    • Do you have a current passport? If yes, when does it expire?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary was non-negotiable. It was less than I had hoped for but still seemed adequate.

Passenger Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DynCorp International in September 2009.

Interview

The recruiter called me at work one day and asked if I was interested in a position that my resume matched for. Honestly, it wasn't a difficult interview at all. My resume matched what he was looking for and a few answers about the specifics of my job history satisfied his requirements and he offered me the job right there. Having sat in on many interviews with this company in the years since I was initially hired, many manager's here aren't looking for future leaders as they already usually want to hire those from within. Unless you are interviewing for a leadership position, emphasize your desire to just "do your job" and don't make a lot of your aspirations. Your time to shine will come once you've gotten your foot in the door.

Interview Questions

• He was interested in the dates of my employment, probably to fill in my work history in his recruiting packet. But I didn't know them all off-hand. I'd have that stuff readily available.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate at all on the pay-rate as it wasn't for a management position, but I did get them to buy me a ticket out of Baghdad.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Falls Church, VA) in October 2008.

Interview

Has improved significantly to a viable recruitment and on boarding process since I joined the company 5 years ago.

Negotiation

Professional

Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DynCorp International in July 2007.

Interview

Applied online and got a call back about three days later. They saw my military experience and asked if I wanted the job. I accepted and a week later I received my contract and an appointment for a drug test. then about a month later I was on my flight headed to kuwait.