DynCorp International Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.3

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Interview

I obtained this position via internal transfer from a different location of the same program. The interview process was brief since it only detailed some general aircraft knowledge with what i was to expect if the transfer was to be granted at that time. Overall painless.

Negotiation

Painless. As expected.

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at DynCorp International (Melbourne, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

I had very little interview time because I worked at the home office. People skills were short and sweet. The office told me I was hired and I would get a packet telling me what my job consist of and 3 months later I got it.

Interview Questions

• Can you stay away from your family for 3 months at a time was unexpected because to me it was something you should already know.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None it was this is what you get and you leave this date. Which 6 weeks later I did.

MCS/Manager/Supervisor/Logistics Specialist/Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kandah, Parwan Province (Afghanistan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International (Kandah, Parwan Province (Afghanistan)) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process was short and unprofessional. The background check was the longest process of the hiring process with this company. The Recruiter was pleasant over the phone, but there was not onsite meetings with the Recruiters or company oversight.

Interview Questions

• Does your husband work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiations were simple, and if without employment - what you are looking for. My advice is not to fall for everything you hear, even from a company as such. All money is not good money.

Senior Project Controls Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kabul (Afghanistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International (Kabul (Afghanistan)) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview was shorter than I expected but I had previous LOGCAP project experience in Iraq so I was known to the interviewer through a former co-worker. Governement contracting and LOGCAP in particular is a small world. It made the hiring and interview process a lot more easier and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. I supplied a good resume and a letter of reference with the complete application.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotation. Salary based on government contract.

General Labor/Warehouseman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DynCorp International (Nairobi (Kenya)) in May 2014.

Interview

the interview was well, i like it, it has motivation towards application of jobs.moreso the question was almost the same.the interview was also abit challenging but all i go throug.thanks for the time they take over me.

Interview Questions

• the rage of salary.would i be able to ask about the salary?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there is no negotiation at all, i would to ask them to be volunteer

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Interviews depend on the job and department.

Interview Questions

• Had to try to understand the foreign user's perspective   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiations

MCT Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in December 2010.

Interview

HIring was easy - When I was descoped from KBR Dec 2010 - I traveled thru Dubai. While in Dubai, DYN interviewed me. I went home for X-MAS and was on a plane Jan 2011 going to Houston.

Interview Questions

• I didnt' have a difficult question. I know my job skils and answered all necessary question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HIred on the spot in Dubai.

Interview

Hiring and interview process was great

COMBS Quality Assurance Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, MS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International (Columbus, MS) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview consisted of two PMO employees and once started, it lasted about 20 minutes. The two asked questions about my prior experience and asked if this job was still something I would be interested in towards the end. Nothing out of the ordinary, usual HR questions about working with others and what would you do questions.

Interview Questions

• I was taken to the shop and asked on the spot what I would change. QEC and GSE shop which is also where my desk is located.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Union job, so there was nothing that could be negotiated except for relocation reimbursement.

Munitions Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DynCorp International.

Interview

The interview was over the phone. The interviewer was very courteous and professional and did not make me feel intimidated. The hiring process was pretty smooth. The HR reps were extremely helpful. I was surprised at how quickly they responded to my emails. They were even answering emails on weekends and evenings. I would like to note that the reason my hiring process took so long was because it was overseas and my security clearance and visa application ran into a few bumps, but it was all worked out.

Interview Questions

• The technical questions were the hardest, since I had been out of my field for 5 years. But I did a pretty good job at selling myself.   Answer Question