DynCorp International

70 candidate interviews

Plumber Interview

Plumber
Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at DynCorp International in October 2012.

Interview Details – at first a lot of paperwork going to doctors getting your background checked every thing was on a time limit they fly you down to ft worth very nice plac to stay they pay for your food you process at the hotel doctors etc. then you fly out going to Dubai until they fly you down to Afghanistan it was a short week with everything being done in a short time frame

Interview Question – food was not good in Dubai so go out to eat every time you have a chance   Answer Question

Fuel Distribution Systems Operator Interview

Fuel Distribution Systems Operator
Al Qurayn (Kuwait)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at DynCorp International in January 2010.

Interview Details – Email, Phone, Fax/ Kuwait Office, Afghanistan Office. A lot of person I don't want to write all of their name.

Interview Question – The helicopter refueling need secure safety.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – About benefits and vacation.

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Falls Church, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DynCorp International in October 2008.

Interview Details – Has improved significantly to a viable recruitment and on boarding process since I joined the company 5 years ago.

Negotiation Details – Professional

Desk Top Technician Interview

Desk Top Technician

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at DynCorp International in February 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process took about 15min. The recruiter just grilled me about what I diid on my last job. After the interview the recruiter seemed satisfied and offer a salary package that I did not accept. She told me that the ball pack and no room for negotiation. I declined her offer

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an upset user, who is afraid of missing her report deadline due to Computer issue   Answer Question
  • How do you deal with a team member when an issue arise that leads to unpleasant working environment   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I believe the offer is about $25k short of what other employers offer for this position to work in war zone. I made more than her offer working in Iraq, which is consider less dangerous than Afghanistan

Mechanic Interview

Mechanic

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at DynCorp International in August 2008.

Interview Details – The interview went great. I spoke with the shop lead who seemed very layed back. I didn't have any experience with Army vehicles, just Marine Corp vehicles. But he liked my attitude and I made that he knew that I was quick learner.

Interview Question – nothing hard   Answer Question

Operator Interview

Operator

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at DynCorp International in July 2007.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call back about three days later. They saw my military experience and asked if I wanted the job. I accepted and a week later I received my contract and an appointment for a drug test. then about a month later I was on my flight headed to kuwait.

Interview Question – What's your military experience   Answer Question

IT Support Specialist Interview

IT Support Specialist
Salalah (Oman)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at DynCorp International.

Interview Details – Mostly they were detail oriented questions like, "What is DHCP," or "What does DNS stand for?" Nothing too hard--I already met the hiring manager a year prior, so he knew my qualifications.

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it, so I took it.

Passenger Support Specialist Interview

Passenger Support Specialist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at DynCorp International in September 2009.

Interview Details – The recruiter called me at work one day and asked if I was interested in a position that my resume matched for. Honestly, it wasn't a difficult interview at all. My resume matched what he was looking for and a few answers about the specifics of my job history satisfied his requirements and he offered me the job right there.

Having sat in on many interviews with this company in the years since I was initially hired, many manager's here aren't looking for future leaders as they already usually want to hire those from within. Unless you are interviewing for a leadership position, emphasize your desire to just "do your job" and don't make a lot of your aspirations. Your time to shine will come once you've gotten your foot in the door.

Interview Question – He was interested in the dates of my employment, probably to fill in my work history in his recruiting packet. But I didn't know them all off-hand. I'd have that stuff readily available.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate at all on the pay-rate as it wasn't for a management position, but I did get them to buy me a ticket out of Baghdad.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Advisor Interview

Senior Advisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DynCorp International.

Interview Details – Selected my resume, called me, and the rest was waiting for HR

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. They gave me the salary and benefits right up front.

Very Easy Interview

Warehouse Specialist Interview

Warehouse Specialist
Clarksville, TN

The process took a day - interviewed at DynCorp International in September 2009.

Interview Details – Went in and spoke with an interviewer. Had to take a drug test and backgrounch check.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you had to depend on team work to meet a deadline.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at DynCorp International