DynCorp International Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2014
Updated Aug 22, 2014

2.4

Passenger Support Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at DynCorp International in September 2009.

The recruiter called me at work one day and asked if I was interested in a position that my resume matched for. Honestly, it wasn't a difficult interview at all. My resume matched what he was looking for and a few answers about the specifics of my job history satisfied his requirements and he offered me the job right there.

Having sat in on many interviews with this company in the years since I was initially hired, many manager's here aren't looking for future leaders as they already usually want to hire those from within. Unless you are interviewing for a leadership position, emphasize your desire to just "do your job" and don't make a lot of your aspirations. Your time to shine will come once you've gotten your foot in the door.

Interview Questions
    • He was interested in the dates of my employment, probably to fill in my work history in his recruiting packet. But I didn't know them all off-hand. I'd have that stuff readily available.   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate at all on the pay-rate as it wasn't for a management position, but I did get them to buy me a ticket out of Baghdad.

Mechanic Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at DynCorp International in August 2008.

The interview went great. I spoke with the shop lead who seemed very layed back. I didn't have any experience with Army vehicles, just Marine Corp vehicles. But he liked my attitude and I made that he knew that I was quick learner.

Desk Top Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at DynCorp International in February 2012.

The interview process took about 15min. The recruiter just grilled me about what I diid on my last job. After the interview the recruiter seemed satisfied and offer a salary package that I did not accept. She told me that the ball pack and no room for negotiation. I declined her offer

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle an upset user, who is afraid of missing her report deadline due to Computer issue   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with a team member when an issue arise that leads to unpleasant working environment   Answer Question

I believe the offer is about $25k short of what other employers offer for this position to work in war zone. I made more than her offer working in Iraq, which is consider less dangerous than Afghanistan

Senior Project Controls Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kabul (Afghanistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DynCorp International in March 2012.

The interview was shorter than I expected but I had previous LOGCAP project experience in Iraq so I was known to the interviewer through a former co-worker. Governement contracting and LOGCAP in particular is a small world. It made the hiring and interview process a lot more easier and relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. I supplied a good resume and a letter of reference with the complete application.   Answer Question
    No negotation. Salary based on government contract.

Heavy Wheel Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Bliss, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Bliss, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at DynCorp International.

Straight forward for the most part. HR will call you if interested to set up an interview. The interview will be a series of questions pertaining to the field. Answer all questions to the best of your ability. All positions with this company will pay what is offered in offer letter, with no chance of a raise or promotion. You must apply for another position to get more pay. No overtime.

Interview Questions
    None. A letter is sent to you, either you accept or you do not.

Plumber Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at DynCorp International in October 2012.

at first a lot of paperwork going to doctors getting your background checked every thing was on a time limit they fly you down to ft worth very nice plac to stay they pay for your food you process at the hotel doctors etc. then you fly out going to Dubai until they fly you down to Afghanistan it was a short week with everything being done in a short time frame

Interview Questions
    • food was not good in Dubai so go out to eat every time you have a chance   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Falls Church, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DynCorp International in October 2008.

Has improved significantly to a viable recruitment and on boarding process since I joined the company 5 years ago.

Professional

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salalah (Oman)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salalah (Oman)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at DynCorp International.

Mostly they were detail oriented questions like, "What is DHCP," or "What does DNS stand for?" Nothing too hard--I already met the hiring manager a year prior, so he knew my qualifications.

Take it or leave it, so I took it.

Operator Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at DynCorp International in July 2007.

Applied online and got a call back about three days later. They saw my military experience and asked if I wanted the job. I accepted and a week later I received my contract and an appointment for a drug test. then about a month later I was on my flight headed to kuwait.

Air Traffic Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at DynCorp International in August 2011.

I was interviewed over the phone, and I was told I'd get a supervisor position most likely. I was offered a position that same night, and sent a welcome packet. Since I was in Iraq, I had to return to the US for a few days while my clearance was processed. I then went to Ft. Worth to process. Processing wasn't bad, as it was quick and DI put me up in the Marriott hotel. After completion of processing, which included a perfunctory physical exam, I was shipped off to Afghanistan.