DynCorp International

Updated Feb 8, 2015
Updated Feb 8, 2015

2.4

Aircraft Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DynCorp International.

email and phone call. Offer via email responded. Interview by phone with panel. Background check and health check due to living overseas. Once all health and background checks complete everything went well

contract no negotiation

Fuels, Fuel Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at DynCorp International.

I am purpose driven, highly motivated, hardworking and ambitious young individual with an accurate self-image. I am more interested in the team welfare than own desires, ever willing to undertake new challenges and can work under pressure with least supervision.

Supply/Logistics Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at DynCorp International in January 2015.

Applied online for a few jobs around the end of last year, received a call from a recruiter about two weeks ago and she asked my job experience relevant to this position and I told her everything I did and it matched the requirements and everything was fine. Was told where I would be working (Country/Base) and given the salary, the benefits, and even the departure date if hired. She then asked me if I could e-mail her a resume highlighting particular key experiences relevant to this job. I had a resume but it did not highlight what they wanted to see but no big deal. She asked about my military experience and I stated I served 17 years and took the early retirement, she also must have seen my DD Form 214 and military rank I departed as and noticed I lost a rank and she asked why and I gave her a very general explanation and she concluded it sounded like no big deal being I retired with an Honorable Discharge. I was relieved it did not seem to be a big deal and really though nothing of it, I mean I received an Honorable Discharge and am receiving a retirement pension. I was "forced out" though with the "budget cuts" but was able to retire early. I got into trouble almost 2 years in the past and it was not a huge deal and it was non-judicial punishment and I did not have a court-martial, was not confined, and it's not on my permanent record. Two days later she called and asked for a better copy of my DD Form 214 so they could see my discharge type (even though it was on the one I provided but I forgot to scan an additional page). I called and said I would send it to her, and also stated my resume looked great but also said her management seemed concerned with me losing a stripe and the "general reason" I provided to her and she asked me to write a "memorandum" highlighting everything which I did later that night. A day later (Thursday), she e-mailed me and stated she was submitting this to their supervision for review and she hoped she would be able to make me "that offer." On Friday, I got one of those canned and faked out "We regret to inform you we are pursuing other qualified applicants....Thank you for your interest." I called and asked her details and her supervision felt I was "lying" and covering up the reasoning I received an Article 15 and lost a stripe in comparison to the reasoning I provided. I mean maybe my CO was a bit of a "hard head" who implemented a relatively serious punishment but they did not even consider that reasoning and only speculated/came up with a conspiracy theory I was lying. They also brag to have a "best buddy" relationship with the military and they are their biggest customer and this may be detrimental to that relationship. I mean, they could not reach back to me and maybe ask me for somebody I could direct them to from my old command to verify this punishment, many of them who thought I received the "shaft" on this. Technology is great, they could have found out my information another way and my punishment did not cause me to lose my security clearance or receive criminal charges and I received an HONORABLE discharge. I guess that did not mean anything..... I think they're either inept or were fishing around for an excuse to not consider me based on this irrelevant past information. The best part is that she said I could always apply later on but in my mind, I wonder if this issue would still hinder me in the future and she also stated she was "my biggest fan" but people above her made the decision(s) they did and pretty much based on nothing but speculation and paranoia or whatever.

Interview Questions
    • Asked why I lost a stripe in the military despite the fact I received an HONORABLE discharge and was in "retirement" status   View Answer

Project Controls Specialist Senior Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in January 2011.

Talked with a couple different folks. They were nice on the phone and I just tried to be personable and talk to them like a buddy. They mostly wanted to know if I knew about Cobra software. No difficult questions. Management likes their butt kissed so compliment them. Leave them feeling good about themselves.

Interview Questions
    I asked for moving expenses and I was granted $5000 bonus.

Fuel Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ḩawallī (Kuwait)
    Anonymous Employee in Ḩawallī (Kuwait)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in May 2010.

i was recruited by an agent in INDIA and the selection process was long and it contains police clearance certificate, educational qualification certificates, verification done.Later i was interviewed by company management once the verification and interview process done. First Service Agreement, Badging ,Training , Paper work, Visual classes ,Medical checkup and provided two pairs of duty uniform and mobalised to work site after completion of above hiring process.

Heavy Wheel Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Bliss, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Bliss, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International.

Straight forward for the most part. HR will call you if interested to set up an interview. The interview will be a series of questions pertaining to the field. Answer all questions to the best of your ability. All positions with this company will pay what is offered in offer letter, with no chance of a raise or promotion. You must apply for another position to get more pay. No overtime.

Interview Questions
    None. A letter is sent to you, either you accept or you do not.

Senior Project Controls Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kabul (Afghanistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in March 2012.

The interview was shorter than I expected but I had previous LOGCAP project experience in Iraq so I was known to the interviewer through a former co-worker. Governement contracting and LOGCAP in particular is a small world. It made the hiring and interview process a lot more easier and relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. I supplied a good resume and a letter of reference with the complete application.   Answer Question
    No negotation. Salary based on government contract.

Police Mentor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Memphis, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Memphis, AR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in June 2011.

Be prepared for a lot of paperwork going back and forth, you need to have copies of training certifications and items related to work experience. Process moves fairly well if they need you, can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months. PAST is not that difficult, be in shape and it will be easy. Don't get psyched out by the mental health review.

Interview Questions
    • How will you deal with the separation from friends and family?   Answer Question
    none

Munitions Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DynCorp International.

The interview was over the phone. The interviewer was very courteous and professional and did not make me feel intimidated. The hiring process was pretty smooth. The HR reps were extremely helpful. I was surprised at how quickly they responded to my emails. They were even answering emails on weekends and evenings. I would like to note that the reason my hiring process took so long was because it was overseas and my security clearance and visa application ran into a few bumps, but it was all worked out.

Interview Questions
    • The technical questions were the hardest, since I had been out of my field for 5 years. But I did a pretty good job at selling myself.   Answer Question

COMBS Quality Assurance Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, MS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in January 2013.

The interview consisted of two PMO employees and once started, it lasted about 20 minutes. The two asked questions about my prior experience and asked if this job was still something I would be interested in towards the end. Nothing out of the ordinary, usual HR questions about working with others and what would you do questions.

Interview Questions
    • I was taken to the shop and asked on the spot what I would change. QEC and GSE shop which is also where my desk is located.   Answer Question
    Union job, so there was nothing that could be negotiated except for relocation reimbursement.