DynCorp International

72 candidate interviews

Ordnance Technician Interview

Ordnance Technician
Şūr Maşīrah (Oman)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at DynCorp International in October 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview, quite in-depth, but very professional. Interviewed via phone because I lived in the U.S. and the job/interviewer both were on Oman. Interviewer described all aspects of the job, living conditions, travel, etc.

Interview Question – Technical questions regarding past experiences equating to job description.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was not negotiable, however, there were attractive additional options /benefits that were, "icing on the cake".

Project Controls Specialist Senior Interview

Project Controls Specialist Senior
Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at DynCorp International in September 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted resume to a friend who passed it along to DynCorp Human Resources. Received a call from Project Controls Manager a few months later who interviewed me for an overseas assignment. Received a call from Human Resources a month later and prepared all the paperwork for working overseas.

Interview Question – After discussing my background and qualifications the hiring manager asked how soon I'd like to come to work.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The amount I was offered was fixed for person's of my skills and background due to DynCorp's bid as a contractor for the US Gov. I had researched the pay of my position prior to the job offer, so was not surprised by the rate.

Aircraft Mechanic III Interview

Aircraft Mechanic III

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at DynCorp International.

Interview Details – Hiring process was very long. Emails and faxes for about 3 weeks. Many forms to fill and submit. HR was extremely helpful and patient. Recieved a warm welcome when hired. They make you feel wanted. The interview was quick and to the point. They knew what you were talking about and if you knew anything about the job you was applying for. Interviewer was very knowledgable.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. Been doing this job for many years. Very confident in my abilities.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

MWR Foreman Interview

MWR Foreman

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at DynCorp International in November 2011.

Interview Details – I had a call from one of the recruiting agent who gave me an interview date which I had no option of changing. We had a one on one talk about my work and experiences.
Then I had to take a lengthy English proficiency test which tested repetition, word formation,listening and talking.
The recruiter emailed the results to the Dyncorp HR and the job was offered.

Advice: The recruiters seem to be more concerned about your experience (the higher the better) and if not an American National, the higher the post applied for the higher you have to score in the English Proficiency test.

Interview Question – Give me a detailed about your work experience and achievements   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Got another offer locally

Maintenance Clerk Interview

Maintenance Clerk

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at DynCorp International in February 2010.

Interview Details – There was minimum requirements for the interview and the questions were quite precise not as the the former employer who was strict this particular one was just easy since most jobs given are subordinate jobs.

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

The process took 1 week - interviewed at DynCorp International in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter. Answered some initial questions and was selected for a phone interview with the Hiring Manager. I has a successful phone interview with the Manager and was invited in by the recruiter for a 1 on 1 interview. The interview lasted 3 hours and consist of several key personnel. Later that evening I was extended an offer.

Interview Question – Provide a detail description of your background and experience.   Answer Question

Heavy Wheeled Mechanic Interview

Heavy Wheeled Mechanic
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at DynCorp International in June 2011.

Interview Details – submit all info correct and detailed as possible and in a timely matter.

Negotiation Details – quick because all my kids where out of school and I was beyond ready to change my financial situation and jobs in the us where to competitive and you had to know somebody to get ina

Training Coordinator Interview

Training Coordinator
Jacksonville, WV

I applied online - interviewed at DynCorp International in August 2009.

Interview Details – Submit resume, meet medical and security clearance requirments, meet prior training and experience requirements, recieve offer letter, complete initial training and corporate interview

Interview Question – How do you know you will be able to spend an extensive amount of time in a third world country conflict area away from your family?   View Answers (2)

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager
Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DynCorp International in February 2010.

Interview Details – When I was scouting DI as a potential employer, I found that I liked the company's values. That was one of the things that attracted me to the company. My interview process was short. I only had one phone and one face-to-face interview. Prior employment experience put me on a short list of candidates. My interview was conducted by a Jr. VP and my hiring manager, as well as an HR representative who seemed to be keeping the interview questions on a certain tack.

Interview Question – "Tell me about yourself" is the bane of my existence in an interview, and it was no different here. I prepare for this question with every interview, and it's still always the hardest thing to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was fixed, so no negotiation took place.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Systems Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DynCorp International in June 2010.

Interview Details – Expect to have a technical, over the phone interview that will last anywhere to 30 to 60 minutes usually with several people on the line. if passed, you will have an in-person interview with the direct manager and then an in-person interview with the director, each lasting about an hour. Typically these occur on the same day.

Interview Question – Be expected to write a mid-level complexity SQL query during the in-person interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary is negotiable within 5% depending on experience.

Interviews for Top Jobs at DynCorp International