DynCorp International

70 candidate interviews

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Human Resources Administrator
New Delhi (India)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at DynCorp International in May 2010.

Interview Details – The Interview process involved to know me and about my technical skills and experience. I was checked on communication skills as well.

Interview Question – Your Strength that might be your weakness   Answer Question

Bagaging Interview

Bagaging

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at DynCorp International in November 2013.

Interview Details – It was just like other interview process, whereby it was straight and clear.It can be based on your working experience, or the type of job one intent to.

Interview Question – Will you be able to work in harsh climatic condition?   View Answer

Project Controls Specialist Senior Interview

Project Controls Specialist Senior
Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at DynCorp International in September 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted resume to a friend who passed it along to DynCorp Human Resources. Received a call from Project Controls Manager a few months later who interviewed me for an overseas assignment. Received a call from Human Resources a month later and prepared all the paperwork for working overseas.

Interview Question – After discussing my background and qualifications the hiring manager asked how soon I'd like to come to work.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The amount I was offered was fixed for person's of my skills and background due to DynCorp's bid as a contractor for the US Gov. I had researched the pay of my position prior to the job offer, so was not surprised by the rate.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Systems Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DynCorp International in June 2010.

Interview Details – Expect to have a technical, over the phone interview that will last anywhere to 30 to 60 minutes usually with several people on the line. if passed, you will have an in-person interview with the direct manager and then an in-person interview with the director, each lasting about an hour. Typically these occur on the same day.

Interview Question – Be expected to write a mid-level complexity SQL query during the in-person interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary is negotiable within 5% depending on experience.

Sandwich Bar Attendant(Food Service) Interview

Sandwich Bar Attendant(Food Service)
Nairobi (Kenya)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at DynCorp International in February 2010.

Interview Details – So qualified interviewers and always assisting where necessary provided the information you are giving is genuine.Always welcoming and gives you opportunity to express yourself freely without intervention

Interview Questions

• will i like to continue with the job(new contract)after i finish the first one   View Answer
  • What i was planning with this job(money)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If its genuine,take it

Ordnance Technician Interview

Ordnance Technician
Şūr Maşīrah (Oman)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at DynCorp International in October 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview, quite in-depth, but very professional. Interviewed via phone because I lived in the U.S. and the job/interviewer both were on Oman. Interviewer described all aspects of the job, living conditions, travel, etc.

Interview Question – Technical questions regarding past experiences equating to job description.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was not negotiable, however, there were attractive additional options /benefits that were, "icing on the cake".

Corporate Manager Interview

Corporate Manager
Falls Church, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at DynCorp International in April 2012.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews followed by several weeks without hearing anything. I was contacted for an onsite interview at their corporate headquarters which was held on April of 2012. I was told by the recruiter that I did very well and they had one internal candidate to interview and they would let me know. I heard nothing for several weeks and finally contacted the recruiter who said the position was on hold. During this time I submitted my expense report for my meals and some other travel-related expenses. After resubmitting my expenses two more times over four months I gave up and never received my reimbursement. Thankfully air, hotel and car were direct billed. I also never heard back about the position. I did see it reposted several months later. I was disappointed that I never heard from the hiring manager again which I would expect if the position was on hold, or get an official rejection not to mention reimbursement. This spoke volumes as to the type of company DynCorp might be.

Interview Question – Nothing stood out to me as being a tough question. Mostly about my past experience.   View Answer

Contract Specialist Interview

Contract Specialist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at DynCorp International.

Interview Details – They outsourced unskilled hiring company that makes it difficult to place qualified experience overseas contractors. A person can have 4 years experience and they tell them they are not qualified for the position.

Interview Question – There wasnt any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at all.

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager
Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DynCorp International in February 2010.

Interview Details – When I was scouting DI as a potential employer, I found that I liked the company's values. That was one of the things that attracted me to the company. My interview process was short. I only had one phone and one face-to-face interview. Prior employment experience put me on a short list of candidates. My interview was conducted by a Jr. VP and my hiring manager, as well as an HR representative who seemed to be keeping the interview questions on a certain tack.

Interview Question – "Tell me about yourself" is the bane of my existence in an interview, and it was no different here. I prepare for this question with every interview, and it's still always the hardest thing to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was fixed, so no negotiation took place.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Senior Recruiter

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DynCorp International in October 2010.

Interview Details – I had 2 interviews with DynCorp. The process took about three weeks before I was notified of the hire. The interview process consisted of questions about Human Resource policies recruitment strategies, favorite positions held and behavioral questions. The interviews lasted for one hour and were conducted by a manager and team lead.

Interview Question – What was the hardest position to fill and how did I fill the vacant position?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at DynCorp International