DynCorp International

72 candidate interviews

DFAC Manager Interview

DFAC Manager

Interviewed at DynCorp International

Interview Details – It was no interview. Just went off your resume and im glad my interview skills suck

Interview Question – There nothing difficult or unexpected they told us from the very begining that the living conditions would be hard so no supprise to me at all   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director
Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at DynCorp International in November 2011.

Interview Details – Done through a third-party recruiting company. One hand does not know what the other is doing, so lots of duplication.

Interview Question – A "stump the dummy" quiz that no one can possibly answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – All offers are "take it or leave it." Do not believe you will ever receive the Management Incentive Bonus unless you abandon all sense of principle and independent thinking.

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Human Resources Administrator
New Delhi (India)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at DynCorp International in May 2010.

Interview Details – The Interview process involved to know me and about my technical skills and experience. I was checked on communication skills as well.

Interview Question – Your Strength that might be your weakness   Answer Question

IT Support Specialist Interview

IT Support Specialist
Salalah (Oman)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at DynCorp International.

Interview Details – Mostly they were detail oriented questions like, "What is DHCP," or "What does DNS stand for?" Nothing too hard--I already met the hiring manager a year prior, so he knew my qualifications.

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it, so I took it.

Corporate Manager Interview

Corporate Manager
Falls Church, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at DynCorp International in April 2012.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews followed by several weeks without hearing anything. I was contacted for an onsite interview at their corporate headquarters which was held on April of 2012. I was told by the recruiter that I did very well and they had one internal candidate to interview and they would let me know. I heard nothing for several weeks and finally contacted the recruiter who said the position was on hold. During this time I submitted my expense report for my meals and some other travel-related expenses. After resubmitting my expenses two more times over four months I gave up and never received my reimbursement. Thankfully air, hotel and car were direct billed. I also never heard back about the position. I did see it reposted several months later. I was disappointed that I never heard from the hiring manager again which I would expect if the position was on hold, or get an official rejection not to mention reimbursement. This spoke volumes as to the type of company DynCorp might be.

Interview Question – Nothing stood out to me as being a tough question. Mostly about my past experience.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Senior Advisor Interview

Senior Advisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DynCorp International.

Interview Details – Selected my resume, called me, and the rest was waiting for HR

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. They gave me the salary and benefits right up front.

Ordnance Technician Interview

Ordnance Technician
Şūr Maşīrah (Oman)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at DynCorp International in October 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview, quite in-depth, but very professional. Interviewed via phone because I lived in the U.S. and the job/interviewer both were on Oman. Interviewer described all aspects of the job, living conditions, travel, etc.

Interview Question – Technical questions regarding past experiences equating to job description.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was not negotiable, however, there were attractive additional options /benefits that were, "icing on the cake".

Passenger Support Specialist Interview

Passenger Support Specialist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at DynCorp International in September 2009.

Interview Details – The recruiter called me at work one day and asked if I was interested in a position that my resume matched for. Honestly, it wasn't a difficult interview at all. My resume matched what he was looking for and a few answers about the specifics of my job history satisfied his requirements and he offered me the job right there.

Having sat in on many interviews with this company in the years since I was initially hired, many manager's here aren't looking for future leaders as they already usually want to hire those from within. Unless you are interviewing for a leadership position, emphasize your desire to just "do your job" and don't make a lot of your aspirations. Your time to shine will come once you've gotten your foot in the door.

Interview Question – He was interested in the dates of my employment, probably to fill in my work history in his recruiting packet. But I didn't know them all off-hand. I'd have that stuff readily available.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate at all on the pay-rate as it wasn't for a management position, but I did get them to buy me a ticket out of Baghdad.

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager
Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DynCorp International in February 2010.

Interview Details – When I was scouting DI as a potential employer, I found that I liked the company's values. That was one of the things that attracted me to the company. My interview process was short. I only had one phone and one face-to-face interview. Prior employment experience put me on a short list of candidates. My interview was conducted by a Jr. VP and my hiring manager, as well as an HR representative who seemed to be keeping the interview questions on a certain tack.

Interview Question – "Tell me about yourself" is the bane of my existence in an interview, and it was no different here. I prepare for this question with every interview, and it's still always the hardest thing to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was fixed, so no negotiation took place.

Contracts Manager Interview

Contracts Manager

I applied online and interviewed at DynCorp International.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 5 people, separatel!

Interview Question – Explain any recent experience in handling Disputes and Claims? At the Prime or Supplier level. How did you establish a position and how was it resolved?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.

Interviews for Top Jobs at DynCorp International