DynCorp International Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.3

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DynCorp International in June 2010.

Interview

Expect to have a technical, over the phone interview that will last anywhere to 30 to 60 minutes usually with several people on the line. if passed, you will have an in-person interview with the direct manager and then an in-person interview with the director, each lasting about an hour. Typically these occur on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Be expected to write a mid-level complexity SQL query during the in-person interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is negotiable within 5% depending on experience.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

When I was scouting DI as a potential employer, I found that I liked the company's values. That was one of the things that attracted me to the company. My interview process was short. I only had one phone and one face-to-face interview. Prior employment experience put me on a short list of candidates. My interview was conducted by a Jr. VP and my hiring manager, as well as an HR representative who seemed to be keeping the interview questions on a certain tack.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself" is the bane of my existence in an interview, and it was no different here. I prepare for this question with every interview, and it's still always the hardest thing to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was fixed, so no negotiation took place.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

Brutal process of getting around HR organization, but the employees I worked with in an operational capacity were professional, excellent and respectful.

Interview Questions

• Describe your prior experiences with 'x' technology   1 Answer
    • What experience do you have managing people?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask for the max: You will find lesser skilled employees scattered throughout the organization making exorbitant amounts because they caught Dyncorp in a bind at the time of the contract with the gov't. When Dyncorp gets desperate for people, they simply up the contract amount with the gov't. So long as Dyn gets it's cut of the contract, they aren't overly concerned if they you 100k or 150k. It's all negotiable to their customer, the gov't.

Warehouse Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, TN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Clarksville, TN) in September 2009.

Interview

Went in and spoke with an interviewer. Had to take a drug test and backgrounch check.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to depend on team work to meet a deadline.   Answer Question

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DynCorp International in September 2009.

Interview

Sign up online to the company website with resume application and cover letter. Interview process is performed en-masse at hotel or convention center at conclusion of contracts. drop off hard copy of resume, only 5 min interviews as it is more groups at the same time and entered into data base for possible employment.

Interview Questions

• What is your expereince on such and such airframe?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation. Governmnt contracts are take it or leave it affairs

Training Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Jacksonville, WV) in August 2009.

Interview

Submit resume, meet medical and security clearance requirments, meet prior training and experience requirements, recieve offer letter, complete initial training and corporate interview

Interview Questions

• How do you know you will be able to spend an extensive amount of time in a third world country conflict area away from your family?   2 Answers

Security Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Reston, VA) in August 2009.

Interview

My interview was very nice and interesting. They explained income, location, excepted duties, hours and who I would be working for. (Manager/Supervisor) and he just so happened to be there so I got to meat him, and he gave me an overview of what would be expected of me and when I could start working.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

"I am able to offer you $18.65 per hour if that is acceptable"

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Fort Worth, TX) in July 2009.

Interview

Interviewer friendly and very poised. Interviewer travel frequently and was very specific about needing to hire a person with the qualifications needed to do job. Wanted exact skills and nothing less.

Interview Questions

• What is your expericene with FAR   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Falls Church, VA) in October 2008.

Interview

Has improved significantly to a viable recruitment and on boarding process since I joined the company 5 years ago.

Negotiation

Professional

Fuel Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skopje (Republic of Macedonia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Skopje (Republic of Macedonia)).

Interview

you have to be very well prepared for the interview you must have all the necessary documents must spoke of read write English you're well prepared for the interview in order to pass the whole interview process

Interview Questions

• What is your name , what's your position , how old are you , how much experience do you have for the position for which you apply   1 Answer