DynCorp International Interview Questions

Updated Sep 29, 2014
Updated Sep 29, 2014

2.4

Heavy Vehicle Mechanic Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at DynCorp International in May 2012.

First contact with the company was via a e-mail from a senior recruiter after I had applied approx. 2 months before. 3 days after I responded to the email answering a couple of questions I received a call from the recruiter asking me a couple of affirmation questions. Also received a call from the hiring manager in theater affirming some prior work experience. So from the first e-mail to the last phone call the process took about 4 days.

Interview Questions
    • If you were selected, would you be able to leave the country within 2 weeks? If not, why?   View Answer
    • Do you have a current passport? If yes, when does it expire?   View Answer
    The salary was non-negotiable. It was less than I had hoped for but still seemed adequate.

Senior Project Controls Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kabul (Afghanistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in March 2012.

The interview was shorter than I expected but I had previous LOGCAP project experience in Iraq so I was known to the interviewer through a former co-worker. Governement contracting and LOGCAP in particular is a small world. It made the hiring and interview process a lot more easier and relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. I supplied a good resume and a letter of reference with the complete application.   Answer Question
    No negotation. Salary based on government contract.

Desk Top Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at DynCorp International in February 2012.

The interview process took about 15min. The recruiter just grilled me about what I diid on my last job. After the interview the recruiter seemed satisfied and offer a salary package that I did not accept. She told me that the ball pack and no room for negotiation. I declined her offer

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle an upset user, who is afraid of missing her report deadline due to Computer issue   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with a team member when an issue arise that leads to unpleasant working environment   Answer Question

I believe the offer is about $25k short of what other employers offer for this position to work in war zone. I made more than her offer working in Iraq, which is consider less dangerous than Afghanistan

MCS/Manager/Supervisor/Logistics Specialist/Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kandah, Parwan Province (Afghanistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kandah, Parwan Province (Afghanistan)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in January 2012.

The interview process was short and unprofessional. The background check was the longest process of the hiring process with this company. The Recruiter was pleasant over the phone, but there was not onsite meetings with the Recruiters or company oversight.

Interview Questions
    The negotiations were simple, and if without employment - what you are looking for. My advice is not to fall for everything you hear, even from a company as such. All money is not good money.

MWR Foreman Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at DynCorp International in November 2011.

I had a call from one of the recruiting agent who gave me an interview date which I had no option of changing. We had a one on one talk about my work and experiences.
    Then I had to take a lengthy English proficiency test which tested repetition, word formation,listening and talking.
    The recruiter emailed the results to the Dyncorp HR and the job was offered.

Advice: The recruiters seem to be more concerned about your experience (the higher the better) and if not an American National, the higher the post applied for the higher you have to score in the English Proficiency test.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a detailed about your work experience and achievements   View Answer

Got another offer locally

Data Entry Clerk Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in October 2011.

It was easy and organised. The DynCorps delegates encourage you and they were familiar. The interview location was a 2000 KMs away from me so it took me 2 days of continues travelling by local transport like buses and railways...after the interviewed i got my offer letter on my way back to home, their processing was so fast.
    A few paper works, interview and that's it...get ready to utilize your skills with respect and good outcome.

The pay-out they give you is now much lesser than before in this project . In simple we get just 1/4th then any US citizen besides we have the same hazardous environment and life threatening situations.

Security Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in September 2011.

The process was short and quick but the administartive part wasslow due to the involvement of others processing multiple individuals at a time

Interview Questions
    Make sure that everything is in writing in your contract

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuzla (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuzla (Bosnia and Herzegovina)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DynCorp International in September 2011.

I was more than lucky becouse I got a job same day i visit DinCorp office in Tuzla . I meet there regruter R.R and she tell me that DI seeking for possition that I aplly allready online . Same day I do the interview . english test . After two days I got offer letter and in tree weeks I was on planin for Dubai . Lucky ? Yes

Interview Questions
    • I was ready and I have experiance in sector I do ,so I didnt have any difficuties.   Answer Question

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akhtarmukhammed-Kalay, Kandahar Province (Afghanistan)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DynCorp International in August 2011.

They called me and asked basic job questions.

Supervisor Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at DynCorp International in January 2011.

I was contacted by a recruiter. Answered some initial questions and was selected for a phone interview with the Hiring Manager. I has a successful phone interview with the Manager and was invited in by the recruiter for a 1 on 1 interview. The interview lasted 3 hours and consist of several key personnel. Later that evening I was extended an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Provide a detail description of your background and experience.   Answer Question