Dynamics Research Interview Questions

1.9

Program Evaluation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dynamics Research.

Standard interview process, but my interviewers were unfriendly and awkward. The recruiter never bothered to respond to my multiple emails asking about the status, and finally I had to call her to find out. Very rude people, got a bad impression of the company.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dynamics Research.

Initial interview with recruiter and with senior management by phone. Was brought in to meet a few other managers. Talked mostly about contract details, not as much about my experience. Was brought on fairly quickly and references were not checked. Background check only occurred after being employed for a few months.

Interview Questions
    There is probably room for negotiation.

Helpdesk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dynamics Research in June 2013.

I was still in my technical school at the time of my interview, and I had told the supervisor that I wanted to finish chool before I start. Not a technical interview at all.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I waitt for two months to hire you?   View Answer
    Fairly straight forward. They offered, I accepted.

Strategic Communications Specialist - Military Health Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Dynamics Research in April 2013.

Came in for an interview at the Falls Church office. I was struck by how strange it was entering the office to find there was no reception desk or anyone greeting or directing guests. I wandered around the hallways until someone told me to go into the conference room. Very awkward. The interview was with two women. One initiated the interview by asking if I brought a copy of my resume, the other already had a copy of my resume.

The interview was very brief (30-40 minutes max), the first 15 minutes both women I interviewed with spent a good deal of time explaining how difficult their days were, joked about needing to wear "fireman" hats because of all the theoretical fires they constantly had to put out at work, and emphasized how overwhelmed with work they were. While it was somewhat off-putting it was clear they were feeling overwhelmed and needed to fill the position.

They asked me to describe my background a bit, and then asked if I had any questions about the position. I had several. I was able to ask two general questions.

I had other questions but they then told me they "unfortunately would have to make a hard stop" because they had other business to attend to. Neither had cards to provide me (both forgot to bring cards). It has been 30 days since the interview and I have received no further communication from their staff. I have no idea if the process is complete, but would assume so.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dynamics Research in February 2013.

It was 2 thirty minute interviews on my schools campus. One with a recruiter and one with a manager. They were both a bit awkward, I would say compared to my other interviews. They informed me I would be told on their decision in about a week. After 2 weeks I sent email after email. Never heard a response, its hard to believe that the recruiter could not even give me a response of any kind. I would recommend to stay away from them for a summer internship

Business Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dynamics Research in February 2013.

Applied on a Tuesday. Was contacted for phone screen on a Wednesday. Phone screened on Thursday. Phone interviewed on Friday. In-face interviewed on Monday. References requested Tuesday. Offer extended Wednesday. Countered and re-offered on the Friday. Accepted offer on that same Friday. All in all the experience took two weeks from application to hire.

I don't think this was typical as they really needed to fill this position, but everyone through the process was extremely nice and accommodating.

Interview Questions
    • The interviews were very simple interviews - however they were attempting to assess different skill sets than normal. Questions asked were along the lines of "how did you perform difficult or challenging tasks in a fast paced environment with pressure to perform" I was surprised that they asked me about my retail experience as this was a Corporate job. Other than that, the interview questions were extremely standard as the interviewees were really attempting to get a handle on the applicant's fit with the company rather than skill base.   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate a higher salary. Initial offer was exactly the range I mentioned in the phone interview. If you are looking to start at a higher base for negotiating, increase your bottom range at the phone screen!!

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dynamics Research in June 2012.

First you speak with a recruiter then if they like you you are brought in to meet with the lead of the assignment you will be put on. That was the only interview I had and the only slow part was having to get a government clearance. All in all it was pretty painless!

Interview Questions
    I simply told the recruiter how much I wanted and she said okay. I wish I had asked for more!

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dynamics Research in May 2012.

The interview process was straightforward, I was asked a panel of questions and they were all pertaining to the Microsoft operating stack, they were all quite standard. I felt like this was one of the better sets of interviews I've had in the past 10 or so years, based on the fact that I wasn't asked 'gotcha' questions, or as is typical in Google / Microsoft-size companies, questions which have no answer or an insanely difficult response.

I didn't have any negotiations, the rate was ok so I accepted.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dynamics Research in April 2010.

Interviewed by a company that was acquired by DRC, went through 4 separate interviews-of varying complexity and in different environments. Also needed to meet and be accepted by the client - after an offer had been made. Good confidence level that I would be accepted by the customer-I was excited at what proved to be a challenging opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • None-it was an assessment of skill, experience, maturity, trust and confidence-   Answer Question
    I indicated that I needed to meet my previous salary-there was no argument. I was hired at that salary-