Dynamics Research

Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dynamics Research in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was straightforward, I was asked a panel of questions and they were all pertaining to the Microsoft operating stack, they were all quite standard. I felt like this was one of the better sets of interviews I've had in the past 10 or so years, based on the fact that I wasn't asked 'gotcha' questions, or as is typical in Google / Microsoft-size companies, questions which have no answer or an insanely difficult response.

Negotiation Details – I didn't have any negotiations, the rate was ok so I accepted.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dynamics Research in April 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed by a company that was acquired by DRC, went through 4 separate interviews-of varying complexity and in different environments. Also needed to meet and be accepted by the client - after an offer had been made. Good confidence level that I would be accepted by the customer-I was excited at what proved to be a challenging opportunity.

Interview Question – None-it was an assessment of skill, experience, maturity, trust and confidence-   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I indicated that I needed to meet my previous salary-there was no argument. I was hired at that salary-

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dynamics Research.

Interview Details – Initial interview with recruiter and with senior management by phone. Was brought in to meet a few other managers. Talked mostly about contract details, not as much about my experience. Was brought on fairly quickly and references were not checked. Background check only occurred after being employed for a few months.

Interview Question – Asked about specific Excel and SPSS functions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is probably room for negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Strategic Communications Specialist - Military Health Interview

Strategic Communications Specialist - Military Health
Falls Church, VA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Dynamics Research in April 2013.

Interview Details – Came in for an interview at the Falls Church office. I was struck by how strange it was entering the office to find there was no reception desk or anyone greeting or directing guests. I wandered around the hallways until someone told me to go into the conference room. Very awkward. The interview was with two women. One initiated the interview by asking if I brought a copy of my resume, the other already had a copy of my resume.

The interview was very brief (30-40 minutes max), the first 15 minutes both women I interviewed with spent a good deal of time explaining how difficult their days were, joked about needing to wear "fireman" hats because of all the theoretical fires they constantly had to put out at work, and emphasized how overwhelmed with work they were. While it was somewhat off-putting it was clear they were feeling overwhelmed and needed to fill the position.

They asked me to describe my background a bit, and then asked if I had any questions about the position. I had several. I was able to ask two general questions.

I had other questions but they then told me they "unfortunately would have to make a hard stop" because they had other business to attend to. Neither had cards to provide me (both forgot to bring cards). It has been 30 days since the interview and I have received no further communication from their staff. I have no idea if the process is complete, but would assume so.

Interview Question – Explain your experience.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Dynamics Research in June 2012.

Interview Details – First you speak with a recruiter then if they like you you are brought in to meet with the lead of the assignment you will be put on. That was the only interview I had and the only slow part was having to get a government clearance. All in all it was pretty painless!

Interview Question – There were no trick questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I simply told the recruiter how much I wanted and she said okay. I wish I had asked for more!

Worked for Dynamics Research? Contribute to the Community!