Dynegy Interview Questions

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dynegy

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dynegy (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter and set up interview. Went to interview with Dynegy and the hiring manager was not professional at all. Dynegy hired a person a lot older than me the next day after I interviewed there and I found out a week later that it didnt work out with the person they thought was the best fit for the job. Dynegy contacted my recruter to tell me to come in for a second round interview, instead of making me an offer. I was not impressed and declined. After reading several employee reviews about Dynegy and my personal experience, I now understand Dynegy's high turnover.

Interview Questions

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dynegy (Houston, TX).

Interview

Organized interview process, was able to interview with all management in one day vs breaking out into separate interviews. Hiring process smoother than many others I have been through. A drug test is required and a background check was conducted. Parking was validated (Shell does not validate parking $20/day).

Interview Questions

• Have you ever experienced a difficult situation with an employee and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave a fair offer, I did not negotiate.

Laborer/Janitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baldwin, IL

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dynegy (Baldwin, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

I had a flight form Indianapolis to Portland paid for before I was contacted for interview. The two days they offered me to interview were during the time frame I was to be out of town. So I made arrangements to fly out of St Louis so I could make the interview and cut the flight out of town short while my wife and daughter flew as scheduled out of Indy. This only cost about $350 extra. The interview was relaxed and consisted of three panel members. We waited for on one interviewer for about 10 minutes and then the interview ran around 35 minutes. After a plant tour I was told everyone would be contacted rain or shine. I called them once after 2 weeks because our phone was out 5 days and again after 6 weeks. So one of the interviewers tells me the have made a few offers but they are doing more interviews (2 months later) and that she was sorry that they had kept in contact and that I may still may be considered. It has now been another month. I also sent them a thank you card which was never mentioned to them nor was I thanked in return. Just saying I put a lot of effort in and I feel like the were pretty unprofessional and inconsiderate. However, In one months time I was tested, in my home town, interviewed over the phone, and offered a job making 20% more in Wisconsin for Alliant Energy. It was a far better experience. No wonder Dynegy is going under. If you land a job with them you consider it to be a stepping stone?