Dynetics

Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Huntsville, AL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Dynetics in April 2010.

Interview Details – One interview on school campus and another on site at HQ in Huntsville, AL. Asked about my experience in research and my abroad studies. The onsite interview asked more about my research. Interviewers were from departments they felt would be good fits for me.

Interview Question – What was my research project abroad about?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Dynetics.

Interview Details – 1 on 1 interviews with multiple personnel in the potential hiring department

Negotiation Details – There was none. I was told what I would be paid.

Engineer Internship Interview

Engineer Internship
Huntsville, AL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Dynetics in February 2013.

Interview Details – Was initially told to apply via there website for an internship by one of their managers in their newly formed space/ friction stir welding group. The interview process took place over the phone and was a pretty standard interview covering my education and research background. No unexpected questions were asked but they did specifically ask me my plans once i graduated, and were basically implying that they only try to target interns who are interested in working for them once they graduate.

Upon completion of the internship every intern has to give a presentation on their accomplishments/work performed during their internship. These presentations are attended by employees in your department as well as the CEO and higher management positions, and you can expect questions related to your presentation (I specifically fielded questions from the head of R&D and the president of the company). The leadership of this company is very accessible at any time and take a genuine interest in the interns and employees.

Interview Question – Specific questions related to the work we would be doing so they could confirm my claimed research experience that was listed on my resume. Expect technical type questions related to your job/field of work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was sufficient enough in my opinion for my level of education and background so i did not try to negotiate the $$. They do not hire a lot of interns, for example 400+ applied and we had 13 total interns during my term there (the company is very selective). The offers they give out are fair and comparable or higher to other intern positions within engineering.

Very Easy Interview

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Huntsville, AL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dynetics in February 2009.

Interview Details – Our contract ran out so I was 'grandfathered' in, to the new contract with Dynetics.

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Programmer Analyst Interview

Programmer Analyst
Huntsville, AL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Dynetics.

Interview Details – I had a preliminary interview with HR which was very standard, no technical questions. Afterward, I was invited to the campus to participate in several interviews. Technical questions were limited to my background and my experience, though I now know of one non-management interviewer who asks specific programming/software engineering questions who did not interview me. I interviewed at several levels of management up to the division manager. One discussion ended up with a manager discussing with me some issues in the field, preseumably to hear the sorts of things I had to say and how my background could aid in resolving such issues, but it was well disguised as a simple conversation. Very friendly interviewers.

Interview Question – They were all standard personality/background questions, but be prepared to discuss things you may not know about. Ask questions and route the discussion toward how your knowledge may relate if possible. And be sure to follow-up after the interview.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer UAV Video Telemetry Extraction Interview

Software Engineer UAV Video Telemetry Extraction
Huntsville, AL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dynetics in August 2011.

Interview Details – Software Engineering : extracting embedded telemetry for video streams (parsing binary). 4 hours, 6 people one at a time. Very comfortable process and intellectually inspiring. Probably one of the very best interview processes anyone might want to experience. Very nice people.

Interview Questions

Electrical Engineer II Interview

Electrical Engineer II
Huntsville, AL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dynetics in September 2009.

Interview Details – good interview with key people in organization

Negotiation Details – good negotiation with helpful people

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dynetics in November 2011.

Interview Details – Spoke to a recruiter an had a 1 on 1 interview. The interview consisted of basic questions such as why I would be interested in a position with Dynetics.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in working for Dynetics   Answer Question

Cyber Analyst Interview

Cyber Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dynetics in February 2010.

Interview Details – Called in for interview. Interview took 4 hours meeting with 6 managers. Very technical interview. Must have a very diverse range of technical skills for the position of Cyber Analyst.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Worked for Dynetics? Contribute to the Community!