Dynetics

Updated Oct 23, 2014

2.5

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dynetics in October 2014.

Recruited through University. First interview was at the University, pretty basic stuff. Asked me a few questions about coding to make sure I was competent, but mostly they wanted to know where my interests lie. Second interview was on-site in Huntsville. Met with HR and talked about benefits, then interviewed with about 6 people from the department. Hardly any technical questions were asked; I told them I was surprised they did not ask more. The response was that they felt my resume spoke for my competency, they just wanted to know if I would fit in with the team and was interested in the work they were doing. All in all, one of the easiest interviews I've had.

Interview Questions
    • Several people asked if I was interested in continuing education. It seemed like they really wanted me to go to grad school while I was there.   Answer Question

As a Co-op, I worked in a classified environment and found it to be very annoying, to the point where it impacted my happiness and productivity. The thought of working in such and environment full time was not appealing to me.

Engineer III Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dynetics.

Dynetics does a good job of fitting an applicant into a group that matches their skills interests and qualifications. When I interviewed I had a series of meetings with managers from half a dozen different departments or projects. If you get to that point in the process they are pretty sure that you are talented and capable and are more concerned with fit and culture. Overall the interviews are low stress and non-technical because they have already screened out lackluster applicants through educational screening, inadequate recommendations, and poor performance.

Interview Questions
    • One interviewer asked me some implementation questions about inheritance and polymorphism in various languages. After several interviews with no technical questions this was a surprise.   Answer Question
    I made a counteroffer and they split the difference which was agreeable to me.

Research Analyst Interview

1 on 1 interviews with multiple personnel in the potential hiring department

There was none. I was told what I would be paid.

Engineer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dynetics in February 2013.

Was initially told to apply via there website for an internship by one of their managers in their newly formed space/ friction stir welding group. The interview process took place over the phone and was a pretty standard interview covering my education and research background. No unexpected questions were asked but they did specifically ask me my plans once i graduated, and were basically implying that they only try to target interns who are interested in working for them once they graduate.

Upon completion of the internship every intern has to give a presentation on their accomplishments/work performed during their internship. These presentations are attended by employees in your department as well as the CEO and higher management positions, and you can expect questions related to your presentation (I specifically fielded questions from the head of R&D and the president of the company). The leadership of this company is very accessible at any time and take a genuine interest in the interns and employees.

Interview Questions
    • Specific questions related to the work we would be doing so they could confirm my claimed research experience that was listed on my resume. Expect technical type questions related to your job/field of work.   Answer Question
    The offer was sufficient enough in my opinion for my level of education and background so i did not try to negotiate the $$. They do not hire a lot of interns, for example 400+ applied and we had 13 total interns during my term there (the company is very selective). The offers they give out are fair and comparable or higher to other intern positions within engineering.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dynetics.

I had a preliminary interview with HR which was very standard, no technical questions. Afterward, I was invited to the campus to participate in several interviews. Technical questions were limited to my background and my experience, though I now know of one non-management interviewer who asks specific programming/software engineering questions who did not interview me. I interviewed at several levels of management up to the division manager. One discussion ended up with a manager discussing with me some issues in the field, preseumably to hear the sorts of things I had to say and how my background could aid in resolving such issues, but it was well disguised as a simple conversation. Very friendly interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • They were all standard personality/background questions, but be prepared to discuss things you may not know about. Ask questions and route the discussion toward how your knowledge may relate if possible. And be sure to follow-up after the interview.   Answer Question

Software Engineer UAV Video Telemetry Extraction Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dynetics in August 2011.

Software Engineering : extracting embedded telemetry for video streams (parsing binary). 4 hours, 6 people one at a time. Very comfortable process and intellectually inspiring. Probably one of the very best interview processes anyone might want to experience. Very nice people.

Interview Questions
    • Describe binary parsing for networked video streams with embedded KLV (Key Length Value).   Answer Question
    • What is KLV.   View Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dynetics in April 2010.

One interview on school campus and another on site at HQ in Huntsville, AL. Asked about my experience in research and my abroad studies. The onsite interview asked more about my research. Interviewers were from departments they felt would be good fits for me.

Electrical Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dynetics in September 2009.

good interview with key people in organization

good negotiation with helpful people

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dynetics in February 2009.

Our contract ran out so I was 'grandfathered' in, to the new contract with Dynetics.

Non-negotiable

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dynetics in November 2011.

Spoke to a recruiter an had a 1 on 1 interview. The interview consisted of basic questions such as why I would be interested in a position with Dynetics.