Dyson

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dyson in August 2011.

Interview Details – A phone interview is first conducted to guage the suitability of the applicant.Successful applicants are invited to an interview where they are first tested on their engineering skills, followed by their ability to be creative on a part that is totally new to them. After the tests(about 1 hour) a review of the results is carried out, and then the verbal part of the interview begins. Expect to spend half a day at teh interview(3hours)

Interview Question – What are the problems with this technical drawing that we are showing you? list 15 errors.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Malmesbury, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dyson in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interview by 2 engineering managers. Both potential line managers after the interview. All Engineering interview are conducted by senior engineers or managers and not HR.

No real competency questions other than to expand on my experiences at university and with previous work experience. Then asked several questions to show my understanding of Dyson technology. More to see how your brain works than how much you already know about Dyson stuff.

Very relaxed interview overall compared to say, an assessment day.

Interview Question – How does this cyclone pack work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They do ask what you expect to be paid and are open about it.

Worked for Dyson? Contribute to the Community!