Dyson Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

3.1

Field Sales/Demo Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dyson.

The managers all live in a different state so the meeting is usually in a hotel or restaurant. We talked for quite a while going over everything Dyson brings to the table. Bring your A game. My hiring manager was extremely intelligent and always looked you in the eyes. It could be nerve wrecking but not if you go in confident in yourself.

Research Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dyson in August 2013.

Telephone interview first. Then emailed a document for review. The document required a technical report, completing questions and design suggestions.

Very polite telephone manner. Spoke to engineering manager.

After submitting the technical report (which was reviewed by a PhD for final advise on layout and topic content) all contact from engineering manager and also HR was stopped.

No response to submission. No response to further email or phone calls.

Very strange indeed.

I have spoken to a friend who had the same situation of being ignored after a positive telephone interview.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult consideration was understanding why there was no feedback and communication was cut off.   Answer Question

General Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dyson.

The process was smooth and consistent. The hiring manager had specific questions related to job.

Factory Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dyson in November 2012.

I met the West Coast Manager at the local Starbucks, where he explained the product, the compensation, and listened to my history.
    He was attentive to my achievements, and enthusiastic about my joining Dyson.

Interview Questions
    The pay rate was a flat $20 for weekend work,; I was offered the job at the interview, accepted, and was working for Dyson 3 days later.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dyson in October 2012.

I applied online and the next day I was contacted via phone by a recruiter. She asked basic questions (why I was interested), and said she would contact me to schedule a phone interview. A couple days later I had the phone interview with the recruiter. It lasted about 30 minutes, and she asked pretty general questions and went over my resume. It went really well overall. I think I might have set my salary requirement too high for what they wanted to pay. She said she would let me know either way in a couple of weeks. I followed up several times, but she never gave an answer.

Demonstrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Dyson in September 2012.

Phone interview with HR, Face to face interview with manager

No negotiation pay was more than expected

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dyson in May 2012.

There is a phone interview, onsite interview, personality/reasoning test, and background check involved. Depending on your position, you might have more rounds to go through, and more people to talk to. On-site interviews will consist of a tour of the office as well. The people are very friendly and the environment is very casual.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dyson in December 2011.

Applied online and subsequently contacted by HR for a phone screening

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dyson in November 2011.

applied online for a senior financial analyst role and received an email to schedule a 45 minutes conversation with the recruiter. the conversation lasted 5 minutes and i never heard from the company again.

Interview Questions
    • what are your salary requirements?
      what do you know about the company?
      why do you want to work here?
        Answer Question

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dyson in October 2011.

All hires are not made through a Temp agency. I was interviewed by the agency, interviewed by the company and hired the same day.