Dyson Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

3.1

Customer Experience Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dyson (Naperville, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview very professional and in-depth about your work experience and your fit with the company. Then had 1-1 interview at the call center location that lasted all of 10 minutes. The person doing the interview seemed to not want to be there and could tell he was not interested in talking with me. It was very disappointing.

Marketing Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dyson (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Overall the interview process went well I was Called by the HR Specialist to have a phone interview. At the end of our discussion she asked to setup an in-person interview. When I got there I interviewed with two people who would be on my team for 30 minutes each. It was exactly 30 minutes and both interviewers seemed rushed to get it over with. A week and a half later I was called to setup a second round interview where I would be presenting a PowerPoint based on a project I was given ahead of time. They basically just want to see how you analyze data. I returned to present and it was roughly 45 minutes. I received a phone call a week later that they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to tell a story using data.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you disagreed with your direct report and how it was handled.   Answer Question

Dyson Demonstrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ireland, WV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dyson (Ireland, WV) in May 2015.

Interview

The process is very good. Dyson HR is very kind. What I did in the interview was just showing my experience. Dyson is a really good company which is full of energy.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dyson (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interviewing process was very straightforward, but it's important to be on your toes. My interviewers knew exactly what they were looking for in a candidate. So, if you're the right fit, they'll be able to tell right away. It's important to have some idea of the company culture. They're looking for active additions, not job fillers.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

phone interview, with behavioral questions. then on-site interview with the potential direct head, with questions about some accounting information and some behavioral questions. then final round with finance department head, more about the negotiation of the benefits

Interview Questions

• what should you do to figure out if the sales brag their work?   Answer Question

Product Demonstrator Interview

Interview

After you submit your application you are contacted for a phone interview. If that goes well you are set up with a face to face interview. It is approximately an hour conversation. You go through a complete background check and education verification if selected.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dyson (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Very good, know what they are looking for. On their toes with very good questions. This was a good informative interview and provided good company background along with vision for the company.

Interview Questions

• Team management, problem solving, team building, root cause analysis   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dyson.

Interview

I asked if we could do a phone interview because I lived too far away and they were perfectly happy doing that. The guy who interviewed me was new to the company and when I asked what the biggest problem facing the department right now he said that it was that they've hired too many people recently so they lack structure and a lot of people didn't know what to do.

Interview Questions

• If a hoover picks something up and the spinning brush at the bottom jams, what would you design to prevent damage to the system?   Answer Question

Corporate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dyson (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I saw the posting online, emailed about the position. Was advanced to in-person interview; for first interview, met with my prospective supervisor. Then, came back and met with a few other attorneys, but no business personnel, which surprised me a bit. Entire process took 3 months. The interview process wasn't difficult, but it did drag out for a while.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate salary, up $10k from initial offer.

Field Sales/Demo Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dyson.

Interview

The managers all live in a different state so the meeting is usually in a hotel or restaurant. We talked for quite a while going over everything Dyson brings to the table. Bring your A game. My hiring manager was extremely intelligent and always looked you in the eyes. It could be nerve wrecking but not if you go in confident in yourself.