Dyson Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015

3.1

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dyson.

The interviewing process was very straightforward, but it's important to be on your toes. My interviewers knew exactly what they were looking for in a candidate. So, if you're the right fit, they'll be able to tell right away. It's important to have some idea of the company culture. They're looking for active additions, not job fillers.

Financial Analyst Interview

phone interview, with behavioral questions. then on-site interview with the potential direct head, with questions about some accounting information and some behavioral questions. then final round with finance department head, more about the negotiation of the benefits

Interview Questions
    • what should you do to figure out if the sales brag their work?   Answer Question

Product Demonstrator Interview

After you submit your application you are contacted for a phone interview. If that goes well you are set up with a face to face interview. It is approximately an hour conversation. You go through a complete background check and education verification if selected.

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dyson.

I asked if we could do a phone interview because I lived too far away and they were perfectly happy doing that. The guy who interviewed me was new to the company and when I asked what the biggest problem facing the department right now he said that it was that they've hired too many people recently so they lack structure and a lot of people didn't know what to do.

Interview Questions
    • If a hoover picks something up and the spinning brush at the bottom jams, what would you design to prevent damage to the system?   Answer Question

Corporate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dyson.

I saw the posting online, emailed about the position. Was advanced to in-person interview; for first interview, met with my prospective supervisor. Then, came back and met with a few other attorneys, but no business personnel, which surprised me a bit. Entire process took 3 months. The interview process wasn't difficult, but it did drag out for a while.

Interview Questions
    Was able to negotiate salary, up $10k from initial offer.

Field Sales/Demo Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dyson.

The managers all live in a different state so the meeting is usually in a hotel or restaurant. We talked for quite a while going over everything Dyson brings to the table. Bring your A game. My hiring manager was extremely intelligent and always looked you in the eyes. It could be nerve wrecking but not if you go in confident in yourself.

Marketing Project Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dyson in June 2014.

As a new college graduate, I was applying for many different positions at many companies. I came across an opening at Dyson and applied directly online. The application was very straightforward - fill out personal information and then attach a resume and cover letter. I applied in early May and did not hear back until early June. I was contacted by a recruiter for a request for a phone interview. I scheduled the phone interview and had a 30 minute conversation with the recruiter - mainly just to gain more information about the company and the position. After the phone interview, I was contacted again by the recruiter to schedule a second round Skype interview with the Head of Marketing. The Skype interview included very generic interview questions (i.e. "Give me an example of when you had to deal with a difficult person." / "How competitive are you?"). After the Skype interview, I was contacted again by the recruiter to schedule a face-to-face interview at the Dyson US HQ in Chicago. The flight was arranged by the recruiter and all travel details were presented in an organized manner. For the interview I was asked to prepare a few insights about in-store Dyson displays. The face-to-face interview started with the Head of Marketing. She gave me a brief case study and gave me 30 minutes to prepare a timeline. I then presented the timeline to the Head of Marketing, the VP of Global Communications, and a Marketing Manager. I really enjoyed the people who interviewed me, and it ended up being painless and straightforward!

Research Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dyson in August 2013.

Telephone interview first. Then emailed a document for review. The document required a technical report, completing questions and design suggestions.

Very polite telephone manner. Spoke to engineering manager.

After submitting the technical report (which was reviewed by a PhD for final advise on layout and topic content) all contact from engineering manager and also HR was stopped.

No response to submission. No response to further email or phone calls.

Very strange indeed.

I have spoken to a friend who had the same situation of being ignored after a positive telephone interview.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult consideration was understanding why there was no feedback and communication was cut off.   Answer Question

General Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dyson.

The process was smooth and consistent. The hiring manager had specific questions related to job.

Factory Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dyson in November 2012.

I met the West Coast Manager at the local Starbucks, where he explained the product, the compensation, and listened to my history.
    He was attentive to my achievements, and enthusiastic about my joining Dyson.

Interview Questions
    The pay rate was a flat $20 for weekend work,; I was offered the job at the interview, accepted, and was working for Dyson 3 days later.