E.ON

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Career Events UK Interview

Berlin (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at E.ON.

Interview Details – I applied in August and the whole process lasted 4 months. And resulted in them deciding that they "weren't ready as a company to offer this position right now". I had a phone interview at first - which was forgotten by the person who was meant to be phoning me. I waited by the phone for two hours and then emailed to ask if it was to rearranged. It was then rearranged. The phone interview went well. I was tested in English and German and asked typical interview questions. At the end of the interview I was told that they would get back to me soon. I got an automated email from them the next day saying that were pleased with my continued interest. I then wrote to the person I had had the interview with saying that I'm glad they were happy with my phone interview and when would the actual personal interview be. It turned out that the automated email was not meant to be sent and they were a bit embarrassed. The personal interview was scheduled, but postponed once for no real reason. I had to prepare a 15 minute presentation about what I thought my first 100 days in the job would be. I put hours of work into this presentation and it went down very with with my two interviewers. They took copies of my research. The interview was 90 minutes long. I was told they would get back to me soon. They did not. After lots of emailing they eventually said that I had been successful and a second interview would be scheduled. It was postponed again, in fact, only one day before this time. By this time it was December. My second interview was with two other people. One of them was new to the job and didn't know much about the position at all. The other one was extremely enthusiastic and gave me the impression that I would get the job for sure. It was again 90 minutes. They told me they would call in the next couple of days. They did not. I called and they did not answer. I emailed and I got a response saying the needed more time. A week passed. I called again every day for a week and sent emails. Eventually I got through 2 weeks and 1 day after I had my third interview and I was told that they were no longer offering the position and that I should not take it personally. The fact that the whole process took so long and that the interviews were often postponed, as well as how the people I had contact with didn't bother to call me to let me know they weren't offering the position any more, meant that by this point I didn't want to work for them anymore. I have never experienced such unprofessional and rude treatment when interviewing for a job.

Interview Question – What would expect from your first 100 days in the job. Seeing as they didn't know whether or not they would actually offer this position, I think they were using me to work out what the job would entail, so they wouldn't have to do the work themselves.   View Answer

Intern, HSSE/CS Interview

Essen, North Rhine-Westphalia (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at E.ON in August 2013.

Interview Details – First step was telephone interview from subject matter experts on very practical questions on the subject matter. There after was a run down of my CV especially experience and educational qualification. The next stage a case study presentation at the company HQ before subject matter experts and HR consultant. Series of typical HR and a final decision was made.

Interview Question – Draw a mental environmental risk matrix for onshore solar technology   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have a fixed salary for interns, but start date is negotiable.

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at E.ON.

Interview Details – Face to face interview

Interview Question – Standard questions   Answer Question

E ON Graduate Trainee Interview

Munich (Germany)

Interviewed at E.ON

Interview Details – After having applied for a job, you'll receive an automatic email confirming that your application was received. Be patient, it can take weeks or even months until they get back to you. However, in my case it was really quick. I received an email to schedule a phone interview with an HR recruiter. My phone interview lasted around 20-30 mins. They already tell you that you should be prepared to answer a small case study during the phone interview. Advice: As you are applying for an energy company look up some technical terms like calculating W in kWh, average production of a power plant etc. Question (year 2006): If you take Germany, how many kWh is needed on one day if all men shave? They want you to speak loudly while answering the question (this I found very difficult). You can use a calculator. Assumptions always help with those kind of questions. Therefore, you should argue like Germany has about 80 Mio. people, half is male, kids don't shave but women do... After the phone interview you'll get an invitation to the assessment center. On the same day you'll get an answer if you are hired or not. I was fortunate and had even 2 options. The trainee program is great, I enjoyed it very much! It's definitely worth all the effort! Good luck!

Interview Question – None.   View Answers (8)

Negotiation Details – No possibility to negotiate trainee salary.

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Interviewed at E.ON

Interview Details – After applying with my CV, I was called 2 weeks later...they asked me to go for an interview 2 days later...I had an interview with a HR person (mainly background check) then an Excel test and an English test ( I had to translate some economics text and to chose the correct spelling/grammar/collocation).

Interview Question – Not the case   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for E.ON? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at E.ON interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by E.ON employees and interview candidates.