E*TRADE Financial Associate Financial Services Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Updated Jul 22, 2014
5 interviews

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sandy, UT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in June 2014.

I applied for the position through an employee referral, a friend currently works at the company. From submission of my application process was about three weeks before I received contact via email from an HR representative to complete a pre-screening. (composed of basic questions, salary/scheduling/related experience examples)

Follow up was made next by phone two days later, for a phone screen to cover pay, benefits, Series 7 training, and few questions on why I was interested. After, I setup an appointment to visit the office to complete a college assessment type test. (Scored from 1-10; 4 is passing)

After passing assessment I met with two managers a week after. Both had high level of experience with the company. Nothing was a trick or really unexpected, all geared towards the description of the role, and the to see how analytical/efficient I am. And turned to engaging open discussion for questions for them and showcasing personal/professional skills in relation.

Overall, it was about a two month process from initial application. Just be patient... offices were clean, everyone was friendly, helpful, and prompt with the process if any questions or follow up was required.

Interview Questions
  • They tell you upfront how fast paced call flows can be, they will really want to know how you can handle pressure and/or how you can put in your all no matter what, even if you work perhaps 50+ hours a week. Be prepared to let them know how you can truly handle these situations. (This comes with the job, you should expect that)   Answer Question
No negotiation. Offer for the role is presented as is, they will tell you this early on.

Other Interview Reviews for E*TRADE Financial

Associate Financial Services Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in May 2009.

The recruiter who called me, has absolutely no perception of what you are really going to get into, so don't ask them. My interviewer ended up being my manager. They were extremely in tune and I could feel them looking through the words and not into the words(unlike other managers who I have heard interview people).

Interview Questions
    • You know that question about "tell me what you like/dislike about your current/previous job/management?" Well, even though I had terrible managers and a terrible dead end position, I could not show them in that light. I guess I over did it, so the question was asked of me, "So why do you want to leave?"   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate. I was glad to have a job.

Anonymous Employee  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in August 2013.

phone interview with HR woman followed by skills test and an interview with managers. Very easy interview overall.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a very difficult test you had and how you prepared for it   Answer Question

Didn't like the thought of working in a call center.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sandy, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in September 2011.

First a emailed a pre-screen questionnaire, which included behavioral questions from past work experiences. Shortly after I was contacted to go in for two test an aptitude test and a "less important" learning style test. in total the test took about 30 min. All that was required to pass the aptitude test was a 4 out of 10, so very easy. After passing that test they emailed two additional test basic customer service test and simulations. then finally a 2 on 1 interview. the interview consisted of behavioral questions from previous work experience. I was told after the interview if I don't hear from them in a couple days that is a good thing. they had to do a background test before offering the job and that takes a couple days

They would not negotiate, Salary was set a 40k

Associate Financial Services Representative Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in April 2011.

Got a call from the HR manager and scheduled an appointment for a skills test. The next week I went in and took the skills test (basic math and analogy questions). The next week I had a phone interview with the HR Manager (basic questions like what do you know about the company, why do you want to work for us, etc.). After the phone interview the next step was a panel interview with two managers (more basic questions like name a time when you exemplified excellent customer service, etc). The last interview was with a Senior Manager, which was the most laid back of them all. Focus on your customer service skills and you'll get the job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Salary is set. You get a raise after to pass the Series 7 and 63

Worked for E*TRADE Financial? Contribute to the Community!