E*TRADE Financial Associate Financial Services Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

2.9

Associate Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Interview

There was an additional questionnaire to fill out for a phone screening interview with a Human Resource Representative. If the phone screen goes well, you are invited in to take a test on a computer. The test involves some basic math and comprehension problems. This provides them with an indication that you would be able to pass the series 7 licensing exam, and perform in some aspects of the position. If that goes well, you are invited for a face to face interview with a couple managers. My experience was very positive. My interviewers had a professional, but informal style. It felt like more of a conversation than an interview. It was a great interview style that helped put me at ease, but that may vary depending on who is interviewing you. If that goes well, there is a phone offer. If that is agreeable, you sign an offer letter, and they begin the background check, credit check, and prior employment verification. If all that goes well, you are invited in to get fingerprinted and get a picture taken for your badge. This process is fairly common when you are going to work for a broker.

Interview Questions

• The majority of the questions were standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for E*TRADE Financial

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very fluid. The process took less than a month. Phone interview followed by a in person math and verbal exam. Math was fairly easy especially if you have any business background. Verbal well, pretty much SAT/ACT. Pass the exam and then you have a interview with direct manager, and more senior manager. Background check is comprehensive, and as long as you have no financial fraud charges your golden. Offer extended one week after interview.

Associate Financial Services Representative Interview

Interview

Following application approval, you will need to take a two hiring tests. The initial test contains a section on math and a section on vocabulary. If this is passed, you will be sent mock service scenarios featuring a servoce call and service chat. If these are accepted you will then be offered an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The starting pay was discussed during inital interview.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Had a simple and quick phone interview to review my resume. The following week I went in office and did an assessment. After the assessment I did one interview with two interviewers

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with financial news?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Sandy, UT) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position through an employee referral, a friend currently works at the company. From submission of my application process was about three weeks before I received contact via email from an HR representative to complete a pre-screening. (composed of basic questions, salary/scheduling/related experience examples) Follow up was made next by phone two days later, for a phone screen to cover pay, benefits, Series 7 training, and few questions on why I was interested. After, I setup an appointment to visit the office to complete a college assessment type test. (Scored from 1-10; 4 is passing) After passing assessment I met with two managers a week after. Both had high level of experience with the company. Nothing was a trick or really unexpected, all geared towards the description of the role, and the to see how analytical/efficient I am. And turned to engaging open discussion for questions for them and showcasing personal/professional skills in relation. Overall, it was about a two month process from initial application. Just be patient... offices were clean, everyone was friendly, helpful, and prompt with the process if any questions or follow up was required.

Interview Questions

• They tell you upfront how fast paced call flows can be, they will really want to know how you can handle pressure and/or how you can put in your all no matter what, even if you work perhaps 50+ hours a week. Be prepared to let them know how you can truly handle these situations. (This comes with the job, you should expect that)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offer for the role is presented as is, they will tell you this early on.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in August 2013.

Interview

phone interview with HR woman followed by skills test and an interview with managers. Very easy interview overall.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a very difficult test you had and how you prepared for it   Answer Question

Didn't like the thought of working in a call center.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Sandy, UT) in September 2011.

Interview

First a emailed a pre-screen questionnaire, which included behavioral questions from past work experiences. Shortly after I was contacted to go in for two test an aptitude test and a "less important" learning style test. in total the test took about 30 min. All that was required to pass the aptitude test was a 4 out of 10, so very easy. After passing that test they emailed two additional test basic customer service test and simulations. then finally a 2 on 1 interview. the interview consisted of behavioral questions from previous work experience. I was told after the interview if I don't hear from them in a couple days that is a good thing. they had to do a background test before offering the job and that takes a couple days

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They would not negotiate, Salary was set a 40k

Associate Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in May 2009.

Interview

The recruiter who called me, has absolutely no perception of what you are really going to get into, so don't ask them. My interviewer ended up being my manager. They were extremely in tune and I could feel them looking through the words and not into the words(unlike other managers who I have heard interview people).

Interview Questions

• You know that question about "tell me what you like/dislike about your current/previous job/management?" Well, even though I had terrible managers and a terrible dead end position, I could not show them in that light. I guess I over did it, so the question was asked of me, "So why do you want to leave?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. I was glad to have a job.

Associate Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in April 2011.

Interview

Got a call from the HR manager and scheduled an appointment for a skills test. The next week I went in and took the skills test (basic math and analogy questions). The next week I had a phone interview with the HR Manager (basic questions like what do you know about the company, why do you want to work for us, etc.). After the phone interview the next step was a panel interview with two managers (more basic questions like name a time when you exemplified excellent customer service, etc). The last interview was with a Senior Manager, which was the most laid back of them all. Focus on your customer service skills and you'll get the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Salary is set. You get a raise after to pass the Series 7 and 63