E*TRADE Financial

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Newark, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Interview Details – One phone interview, one on-site interview.

The phone interview was just to get an idea of my background and experience.

The on-site interview consisted of speaking with 3 different engineers. Most of the questions asked were related to knowledge of C++ concepts. Other questions had no definite answer, they were used to analyze thought processes when faced with a problem.

Interview Question – There is a line of prisoners. Each prisoner faces the prisoner in front of him/her. Each prisoner is wearing a red or black hat, and the prisoner can see the color of the hat of everyone in front of him/her. The prison warden asks each prisoner what color they think their hat is. What color should each one pick to have a good chance of being correct?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, and only 5-business days were given to choose whether or not to accept the offer

Menlo Park, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in April 2014.

Interview Details – I had a technical phone interview with the hiring manager, and then was invited to interview on site shortly after for the NCA program. The on site interview was not as technical. Received an offer the next day. They were very quick with the whole process; it was pleasant.

Interview Question – They just wanted to know how I would respond to certain situations, none of the questions were particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Alpharetta, GA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in April 2009.

Interview Details – First I had an on-campus interview with one rep from E-Trade. A few weeks later I was invited to an interview day where several candidates for multiple positions all interviewed with a rotating panel of interviewers from different sectors of the company. They wanted at least 3 separate 1-to-1 interviews that day to get a general feel for each of us from different perspectives. About 3 weeks later I get a call with the job offer. The people who interviewed with me and the HR personnel I was in contact with were all very nice, and willing to discuss the position(s) they had as well as they're personal take on the company. The culture seemed friendly despite the no-windows "fort" appearance of the data center itself. The interviews were not structured and it gave me a chance to talk about whatever skills and experience I have to bring to the job in a friendly conversation environment. Overall a very nice interview process.

Interview Questions

Worked for E*TRADE Financial? Contribute to the Community!