E*TRADE Financial

Getting the Interview

16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and interviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Interview Details – Contacted first through email for survey. Phone screen then computer assessment (basic knowledge, general questions). After passing assessment I met with two managers a week after. The HR people are nice and knowledgeable. The process was long and drawn out.

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, just sent offer letter via email.

Financial Consultant Interview

Financial Consultant
Alpharetta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in January 2010.

Interview Details – One interview, nothing really stands out...

Interview Question – Prepare for all normal questions to be asked; strengths, weaknesses, description of a challenging moment, overcoming it, etc..   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation... All Financial Consultants receive the same base at $45K.

Associate Financial Services Representative Interview

Associate Financial Services Representative
Alpharetta, GA

I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in August 2013.

Interview Details – phone interview with HR woman followed by skills test and an interview with managers. Very easy interview overall.

Interview Question – Tell me about a very difficult test you had and how you prepared for it   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Didn't like the thought of working in a call center.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Manager Interview

Alpharetta, GA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in October 2012.

Interview Details – Easy process got hired after one interview.

Interview Question – How would you resolve difference with your team members?   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Staff Software Engineer
Alpharetta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in April 2010.

Interview Details – It started with a phone interview with general questions about my knowledge and expertise. Next I came in for an in-person interview where I was given puzzle-type questions as well as Java-related questions. The final in-person interview was related to my personal and communication skills.

Interview Question – It was difficult answering math-related questions asked by someone who took math in another country. The steps to solve the problems are a bit different.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The HR person told me the offer, and I had about a week to decide whether or not I wanted the offer.

Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in September 2010.

Interview Details – It was relatively easy and they will hire anyone with series 7. It is a call center with a lot of turnover so the company is constantly hiring new employees.

Interview Question – Most questions are very basic such as why you want to work here, what do you want to be in 5 years, what interest you about E*Trade and investments or the stock market. What are your strengths and weaknesses. Tell us about a time you have been put in a tough situation. The interviewers are call center managers.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate but it would be a minimal move in pay. Everything is based around the market value of licensed representatives at other firms. You can only negotiate if your licensed going in. Even then, it would be very small change.

Software Engineer Interview

Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in April 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed for a Software Engineer position in early 2010. I went through three lengthy phone interviews before an in-person interview was scheduled. Though the people I met were very friendly, the in-person interview was very unstructured and gave me the impression that they were not well prepared to interview me. This was a surprise since I had gone through three telephone interviews with different people.

A short time later I was scheduled to come into yet another in-person interview. Much of the same questions were asked yet again in a fairly unscripted and unprepared way.

I was then given a *very* low ball offer clearly outside of what I indicated I would accept. I attempted to call my contact for negotiation but he had gone on vacation for two weeks!

I did not end up with a favorable opinion after this and declined the offer.

Interview Question – * Mostly standard "describe a situation you had to resolve"
* Some simple coding on the white board
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offer was very low. Business seemed very disorganized.

Financial Consultant Interview

Financial Consultant
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in December 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiter will call to see if you have sales traits, if you do you will interview with the branch manager who will make you do a childish role play to see if you can sell since they have no valid interviewing skills. You will then spend 8 weeks in training before they tell you about the comp plan. If they showed you the plan up front most people would go back to the job they came from or quit.

Negotiation Details – no negotiations possible

Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in August 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was was easy and enjoyable.

Interview Question – Explain to me a time you had to overcome objections and what did you learn from that experience?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in May 2011.

Interview Details – It was the worst interview I ever had. I was left waiting to be interviewed for at least 20 minutes. Once that was over, I waited 45 minutes to be interviewed by a second person. Then I waited a view more minutes to take my test. I was there for 4 hours. I felt as though they were very unorganized. I was very unsure of what the outcome would be.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for E*TRADE Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at E*TRADE Financial interview questions and advice in Atlanta, GA. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by E*TRADE Financial employees and interview candidates.