E*TRADE Financial

2.5

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

New College Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in April 2014.

I don't remember the specific date that I applied however I do know that it was a couple months out before they contacted me. I was initially contacted via email that they were interested in a phone interview with me. The phone interview was very basic technical questions. They begin to ask me about operating systems and Database concepts. I made it pretty clear that I was more interested in the database IT side and that is where most of my academic experience was. I wasn't very fond of the O.S. questions (didn't answer very well) but I was still able to get scheduled for an onsite interview. The site was in Alpharetta and was very nice. They started with explaining the program (which is an AMAZING opportunity) and made me feel like that if I made it this far then I was pretty much in the clear. Then the technical questions came and they were mostly JAVA programming questions. I was quiet thrown off guard because i expressed my interest in Database Systems. I wasn't prepared for it but i answered most questions but missed maybe 2 out of 5 incorrect. They only asked me 1 question about my true interest of Database systems. It was interesting.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected and difficult questions was within the technical portion of the interview. The asked heavily on the concepts of Java programming (interfaces,inheritance,overloading) I expected there to be more questions on Database systems   Answer Question

Senior Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in March 2014.

After dropping off a resume at a college job fair I received a phone call from a recruiter who asked some basic questions and set me up with a phone interview. The phone interview was basic Java OOP and javascript questions. Very easy questions. I received an email a few days later asking to do another phone interview. The next one was from I assume an HR person, they asked no computer questions, just situational questions (describe a weakness, tell me about a great success, what was your favorite class in college, etc..). After that they emailed about another phone call, this time with a software lead. He asked the exact same questions the first guy did, I answered them the same, after that he put me on hold and then someone else picked up the line. This person said they were a manager and described the company, and the job details, then asked if I had any questions about the company or position. I said no, I received a low offer a few days later which I declined. I was pretty disappointed in the offer, I think it would be fun to work there.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you use an interface instead of an abstract classes.   View Answer

I had done several interviews for similar positions and their offer was about 25% less than the others I had received. (even after taking into account cost of living!) I suppose if they were the only offer I received I would have taken it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Contacted first through email for survey. Phone screen then computer assessment (basic knowledge, general questions). After passing assessment I met with two managers a week after. The HR people are nice and knowledgeable. The process was long and drawn out.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, just sent offer letter via email.

Associate Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in August 2013.

phone interview with HR woman followed by skills test and an interview with managers. Very easy interview overall.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a very difficult test you had and how you prepared for it   Answer Question

Didn't like the thought of working in a call center.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in October 2012.

Easy process got hired after one interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you resolve difference with your team members?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representatives Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in August 2011.

Phone interview followed by a phone test and typing test. Face to face interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in August 2011.

The interview process was was easy and enjoyable.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me a time you had to overcome objections and what did you learn from that experience?   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in December 2010.

Recruiter will call to see if you have sales traits, if you do you will interview with the branch manager who will make you do a childish role play to see if you can sell since they have no valid interviewing skills. You will then spend 8 weeks in training before they tell you about the comp plan. If they showed you the plan up front most people would go back to the job they came from or quit.

no negotiations possible

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in September 2010.

It was relatively easy and they will hire anyone with series 7. It is a call center with a lot of turnover so the company is constantly hiring new employees.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are very basic such as why you want to work here, what do you want to be in 5 years, what interest you about E*Trade and investments or the stock market. What are your strengths and weaknesses. Tell us about a time you have been put in a tough situation. The interviewers are call center managers.   View Answer
    You can negotiate but it would be a minimal move in pay. Everything is based around the market value of licensed representatives at other firms. You can only negotiate if your licensed going in. Even then, it would be very small change.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in April 2010.

It started with a phone interview with general questions about my knowledge and expertise. Next I came in for an in-person interview where I was given puzzle-type questions as well as Java-related questions. The final in-person interview was related to my personal and communication skills.

Interview Questions
    • It was difficult answering math-related questions asked by someone who took math in another country. The steps to solve the problems are a bit different.   Answer Question
    The HR person told me the offer, and I had about a week to decide whether or not I wanted the offer.