E*TRADE Financial

E*TRADE Financial Financial Consultant Interview Questions

3.1

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Online application. Local interview.

No ability to negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for E*TRADE Financial

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

The interview process was pretty simple compared with other interviews I’ve had. I had a couple interviews with different managers. I feel like they are looking for strong sales people that want to make big money. Not someone that wants to help people with their finances. You need to prove that you’re hungry for the job and be very confident and bold with your answers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in July 2011.

The head manager for the Financial Consultants as well as his Director was in the interview room. Rather intimidating. When they started the interview, they said that there would be a roleplay involved. Also, asked normal questions such as name a time when there was a change and how you adapted. Role play consisted of the manager walking into a "store" where you are the owner and that was it. No real instructions other than that.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you were challanged by a change and what did you do to overcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in December 2010.

Recruiter will call to see if you have sales traits, if you do you will interview with the branch manager who will make you do a childish role play to see if you can sell since they have no valid interviewing skills. You will then spend 8 weeks in training before they tell you about the comp plan. If they showed you the plan up front most people would go back to the job they came from or quit.

no negotiations possible

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in January 2010.

One interview, nothing really stands out...

Interview Questions
    • Prepare for all normal questions to be asked; strengths, weaknesses, description of a challenging moment, overcoming it, etc..   Answer Question
    No negotiation... All Financial Consultants receive the same base at $45K.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in January 2007.

It was okay . It was a mass hiring .

No negotiating really

Financial Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

I applied online and received a call back from the recruiter. After she asked some basic questions about my background and why I wanted to join E*TRADE, she corresponded w/ the branch manager to set up an interview. He went over typical sales related questions and then had me sit down with a couple of the current consultants to give me an opportunity to ask them what it's really like as an FC (and of course for them to assess me as a potential coworker). I was then called back for a 2nd interview with the regional manager. We went through a roleplay where I was a store owner and he was the customer. They really love roleplays at E*TRADE... After all was said and done, I got a call back with an offer and dealt w/ the recruiter again until my start date.

Interview Questions
    • "I just interviewed a candidate with more sales experience than you. Why should I hire you?"   Answer Question
    Not negotiable. $50k base salary w/ ever-changing bonus plan which they'll try to extol because there's no cap on the upside.

Financial Consultant Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in February 2011.

First interview was face to face with branch manager with standard behavioral type questions. Second interview was on the phone with branch manager's boss, again more behavioral type questions IE Why E*trade, give me a example of....