E*TRADE Financial Financial Consultant Interview Questions

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Sandy, UT) in July 2011.

Interview

The head manager for the Financial Consultants as well as his Director was in the interview room. Rather intimidating. When they started the interview, they said that there would be a roleplay involved. Also, asked normal questions such as name a time when there was a change and how you adapted. Role play consisted of the manager walking into a "store" where you are the owner and that was it. No real instructions other than that.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were challanged by a change and what did you do to overcome?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for E*TRADE Financial

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Sandy, UT).

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple compared with other interviews I’ve had. I had a couple interviews with different managers. I feel like they are looking for strong sales people that want to make big money. Not someone that wants to help people with their finances. You need to prove that you’re hungry for the job and be very confident and bold with your answers.

Financial Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Interview

Online application. Local interview.

Negotiation

No ability to negotiate

Financial Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Interview

I applied online and received a call back from the recruiter. After she asked some basic questions about my background and why I wanted to join E*TRADE, she corresponded w/ the branch manager to set up an interview. He went over typical sales related questions and then had me sit down with a couple of the current consultants to give me an opportunity to ask them what it's really like as an FC (and of course for them to assess me as a potential coworker). I was then called back for a 2nd interview with the regional manager. We went through a roleplay where I was a store owner and he was the customer. They really love roleplays at E*TRADE... After all was said and done, I got a call back with an offer and dealt w/ the recruiter again until my start date.

Interview Questions

• "I just interviewed a candidate with more sales experience than you. Why should I hire you?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not negotiable. $50k base salary w/ ever-changing bonus plan which they'll try to extol because there's no cap on the upside.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in January 2010.

Interview

One interview, nothing really stands out...

Interview Questions

• Prepare for all normal questions to be asked; strengths, weaknesses, description of a challenging moment, overcoming it, etc..   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation... All Financial Consultants receive the same base at $45K.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Tampa, FL) in January 2007.

Interview

It was okay . It was a mass hiring .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating really

Financial Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in February 2011.

Interview

First interview was face to face with branch manager with standard behavioral type questions. Second interview was on the phone with branch manager's boss, again more behavioral type questions IE Why E*trade, give me a example of....