E*TRADE Financial

www.etrade.com

E*TRADE Financial Financial Services Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Service Representative Interview

Financial Service Representative
Sandy, UT

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in August 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process seemed pretty straightforward- easy market questions, focused on need for overtime during personal interview. The interview was pretty average, no real difficult questions, but working for the actual company afterward was a different story. Very sales driven to the detriment of the clients-

Negotiation Details – wouldnt negotiate salary even though going into company with a decade of experience- same pay for all licensed reps at start- pay people what they are worth and they may stay around

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through other source and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in May 2014.

Interview Details – After applying for a position at Etrade, I did not hear from Human Resources for a relatively long time, 6-8 weeks for a role that they seemed to be hiring for immediately. I initially underwent a pre-screening interview by phone to ensure I was a good candidate for the role. The interview was set for 1 week later.

My interviewers were a departmental manager with roughly 8 years experience and a Sr. Manager with 15 years experience, with both of their experiences developed at Etrade. The interview was pre-structured with several pages of questions to determine my priorities in assisting clients, with an emphasis on placing the customer first. There were several scenarios where I was asked to give an example of a complex customer need and how I was able to meet it. There were also questions about opportunities where I could have done better.

At the end of the interview I had several questions about organizational structure, longevity/tenure of employees and the broad direction of the business at large. They were somewhat surprised to hear such detailed questions, however they were appreciative and answered them as best they could.

I came into this interview with 8 years industry experience and was applying for an entry level role. They were somewhat concerned why the entry level role was of interest to me. I was clear that I was looking to start a new career with a firm and wanted to better understand the culture of the firm before I began to climb internally. This seemed to be a well received answer.

Interview Question – Having a two year gap in employment as the result of a layoff, they were concerned that my skills had deteriorated and that the salary they were offering were not competitive with my last role, and were wondering why I was considering this role.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation over salary, which was covered in the pre-screen interview.

Sandy, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in August 2011.

Interview Details – The process was quick and decisive. Mostly geared towards how fast you can resolve a problem and disposition the outcome. Applicants must pass the series 7 and 63 exams. Company pays for training, testing and licensing.

Interview Question – Completing the series 7 testing   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The job was offered and accepted as presented. They will hire almost anyone who passes a background check and the skills test. Applicants must pass the series 7 and 63 exams. Company pays for training, testing and licensing.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and interviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Interview Details – Contacted first through email for survey. Phone screen then computer assessment (basic knowledge, general questions). After passing assessment I met with two managers a week after. The HR people are nice and knowledgeable. The process was long and drawn out.

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, just sent offer letter via email.

Sandy, UT

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in May 2011.

Interview Details – All initial communication was through email. Made me take some competency test to see if I had the capacity to pass the 7/63. After that test, they reviewed my scores and scheduled a second interview. Questions were pretty easy. A lot of questions asking about how you work under stress or examples of working with unhappy customers.

Interview Question – Give us an example of when you've had to deliver bad news to someone in a professional work environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Offer was given over email,

Sandy, UT

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in January 2009.

Interview Details – Just show up and take the test. E*Trade will pretty much hire you if you can fog up a mirror and you haven't been convicted of murdering anyone. Be prepared for mind numbing, boring, call center work answering inbound calls from clueless investors who have no idea what questions to even ask, let alone how to execute a solution. By the way if you give someone investment advice, even on something stupid like "IS NEXT MONDAY A STOCK HOLIDAY?" and you do not provide correct information. E*trade can, and most likely will fire you as soon as it comes to the attention of management.

Interview Question – Where would you say you are in your career? This is borderline age discrimination and I was shocked to hear it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It was a take it or leave it deal.

Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in September 2010.

Interview Details – It was relatively easy and they will hire anyone with series 7. It is a call center with a lot of turnover so the company is constantly hiring new employees.

Interview Question – Most questions are very basic such as why you want to work here, what do you want to be in 5 years, what interest you about E*Trade and investments or the stock market. What are your strengths and weaknesses. Tell us about a time you have been put in a tough situation. The interviewers are call center managers.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate but it would be a minimal move in pay. Everything is based around the market value of licensed representatives at other firms. You can only negotiate if your licensed going in. Even then, it would be very small change.

Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in August 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was was easy and enjoyable.

Interview Question – Explain to me a time you had to overcome objections and what did you learn from that experience?   Answer Question

Sandy, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in February 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted a resume with a friend that worked for the company. They scheduled a phone interview with an HR person who then set up a time to visit the office for a skills test and interview with a manager. Called back for a 2nd interview with hiring manager. Made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time to delivered excellent customer service in a stressful situation.   Answer Question
  • What do you consider to be your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representatives Interview

Financial Services Representatives
Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in August 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by a phone test and typing test. Face to face interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Worked for E*TRADE Financial? Contribute to the Community!