E*TRADE Financial

2.3

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in May 2014.

After applying for a position at Etrade, I did not hear from Human Resources for a relatively long time, 6-8 weeks for a role that they seemed to be hiring for immediately. I initially underwent a pre-screening interview by phone to ensure I was a good candidate for the role. The interview was set for 1 week later.

My interviewers were a departmental manager with roughly 8 years experience and a Sr. Manager with 15 years experience, with both of their experiences developed at Etrade. The interview was pre-structured with several pages of questions to determine my priorities in assisting clients, with an emphasis on placing the customer first. There were several scenarios where I was asked to give an example of a complex customer need and how I was able to meet it. There were also questions about opportunities where I could have done better.

At the end of the interview I had several questions about organizational structure, longevity/tenure of employees and the broad direction of the business at large. They were somewhat surprised to hear such detailed questions, however they were appreciative and answered them as best they could.

I came into this interview with 8 years industry experience and was applying for an entry level role. They were somewhat concerned why the entry level role was of interest to me. I was clear that I was looking to start a new career with a firm and wanted to better understand the culture of the firm before I began to climb internally. This seemed to be a well received answer.

Interview Questions
  • Having a two year gap in employment as the result of a layoff, they were concerned that my skills had deteriorated and that the salary they were offering were not competitive with my last role, and were wondering why I was considering this role.   View Answer
There was no negotiation over salary, which was covered in the pre-screen interview.

Other Interview Reviews for E*TRADE Financial

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Contacted first through email for survey. Phone screen then computer assessment (basic knowledge, general questions). After passing assessment I met with two managers a week after. The HR people are nice and knowledgeable. The process was long and drawn out.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, just sent offer letter via email.

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in August 2013.

Interview process seemed pretty straightforward- easy market questions, focused on need for overtime during personal interview. The interview was pretty average, no real difficult questions, but working for the actual company afterward was a different story. Very sales driven to the detriment of the clients-

wouldnt negotiate salary even though going into company with a decade of experience- same pay for all licensed reps at start- pay people what they are worth and they may stay around

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in August 2011.

The process was quick and decisive. Mostly geared towards how fast you can resolve a problem and disposition the outcome. Applicants must pass the series 7 and 63 exams. Company pays for training, testing and licensing.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. The job was offered and accepted as presented. They will hire almost anyone who passes a background check and the skills test. Applicants must pass the series 7 and 63 exams. Company pays for training, testing and licensing.

Financial Services Representatives Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in August 2011.

Phone interview followed by a phone test and typing test. Face to face interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in August 2011.

The interview process was was easy and enjoyable.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me a time you had to overcome objections and what did you learn from that experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in May 2011.

All initial communication was through email. Made me take some competency test to see if I had the capacity to pass the 7/63. After that test, they reviewed my scores and scheduled a second interview. Questions were pretty easy. A lot of questions asking about how you work under stress or examples of working with unhappy customers.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of when you've had to deliver bad news to someone in a professional work environment.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Offer was given over email,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in September 2010.

It was relatively easy and they will hire anyone with series 7. It is a call center with a lot of turnover so the company is constantly hiring new employees.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are very basic such as why you want to work here, what do you want to be in 5 years, what interest you about E*Trade and investments or the stock market. What are your strengths and weaknesses. Tell us about a time you have been put in a tough situation. The interviewers are call center managers.   View Answer
    You can negotiate but it would be a minimal move in pay. Everything is based around the market value of licensed representatives at other firms. You can only negotiate if your licensed going in. Even then, it would be very small change.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

The process took a dayinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in June 2009.

They gave me a math skills test that was a joke. Any middle school graduate could pass. I think they gave me an hour, of which I used about 20 minutes. Then there was a 1-on-1 interview. Everyone I met was pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. The person who interviewed me was more interested in a college degree and personality. No questions I really had to think about.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in February 2009.

Submitted a resume with a friend that worked for the company. They scheduled a phone interview with an HR person who then set up a time to visit the office for a skills test and interview with a manager. Called back for a 2nd interview with hiring manager. Made an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time to delivered excellent customer service in a stressful situation.   Answer Question
    • What do you consider to be your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question