E*TRADE Financial

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.7

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Initially I was interviewed for another role, 1 hr phone screen with hiring manager, 1 hr phone screen with Senior Manager, they had already someone in mind, so they decided to go with that person, they wanted me to be for contracting position, HR gave an impression that I was hired and face to face interview is conducted only for formality reasons, there was 1 1/2 hr face to face interview with an inter view panel of 6 members, then they told me that they would like to see other people and later they did not offer me the job. No proper communication between HR and the Teams, improper hiring process, very tedious interviews where you would be interviewed every employee in the company.All the questions were repeated in every interview.

Associate Financial Services Representative Interview

Following application approval, you will need to take a two hiring tests. The initial test contains a section on math and a section on vocabulary. If this is passed, you will be sent mock service scenarios featuring a servoce call and service chat. If these are accepted you will then be offered an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    The starting pay was discussed during inital interview.

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

The hiring and interview process has significantly changed since I was hired greater than >9 years ago. The first interview was with the Human Resources recruiter. I then interviewed with the department head and department colleagues. Shortly after those interviews, the department head was let go from the firm. As a result, I then interviewed with 5 key stakeholders that I would be working with outside of the department. The whole process took about 4 months due to the turnover in the group.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were typical, nothing unexpected. The focus was on skill sets.   Answer Question

Java Consultant Interview

mostly core java and j2ee. it was a technical interview with soap and rest web services.They asked more questions about design patterns and how service oriented architecture works.after that some behavioural questions and got selected.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in October 2014.

Horrible experience. They pay lesser than other bay area tech companies. I went all the way through and in the end, they tried to negotiate for less than what I earn now. Total waste of time and energy. Stay away from this company.

Manager was weird.

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Phone screen with recruiter followed by phone screen with hiring manager, then an on-site interview with multiple managers. The recruiting process is managed by a staffing company, in partnership with the hiring manager. Several people are involved in the process to set up / schedule the interview. Be flexible in terms of your schedule given you may receive only one day notice, at best, prior to being scheduled for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • The process was not difficult. However, there was an unexpected element included in E-Trade's interview process. The process requires all applicants participating in the interview process to complete an application (standard) and an authorization form providing E-Trade with the right to conduct a full background check prior to participating in an interview and / or extending a job offer (not standard). The current practice for most employers is to conduct a background check after a candidate completes the interview process and receives a job offer, with the job offer contingent upon successful completion & passing the background check and other standard pre-employment tests.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in September 2014.

Submitted by a consulting company! Interview started with background, Experience
    Interview was very good very straight forward questions.
    Questions were from core java, Fundamentals, Spring, Hibernate, Rest web service
    Interview was very good very straight forward questions.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

2.5 hours with 5 people in both NYC and Jersey City office. Some were on the phone, others in person. Questions asked were standard behavioral + "give me an example of a time". Typical fluff -- creativity, leadership, teamwork. Staff was relatively young. No surprises or hard-hitting questions but difficult to talk about personal accomplishments.

Interview Questions
    • How would you differentiate E*TRADE from other companies in the same sector?   Answer Question

Mid Level Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in July 2014.

Applied on staffing company website, got a call from recruiter who asked about my previous experience and projects. Next step, tech exercise, some Java coding and SQL exercise. After this - phone screen. In one week, face-to-face. In person is not hard, mostly conversation about previous experience.

Interview Questions
    • You should describe all your previous projects clearly.   Answer Question

Got offer with smaller salary but with ability to telecommute. Very slow process!

Staff Software Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

First, there was a phone interview, which was a tech screening. Then, an all day interview with 5 people. They asked a mixture of problem solving and job specific questions, plus social 'what if...' Questions.