E*TRADE Financial Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.7

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Arlington, VA).

Interview

The hiring and interview process has significantly changed since I was hired greater than >9 years ago. The first interview was with the Human Resources recruiter. I then interviewed with the department head and department colleagues. Shortly after those interviews, the department head was let go from the firm. As a result, I then interviewed with 5 key stakeholders that I would be working with outside of the department. The whole process took about 4 months due to the turnover in the group.

Interview Questions

• All questions were typical, nothing unexpected. The focus was on skill sets.   Answer Question

Java Consultant Interview

Interview

mostly core java and j2ee. it was a technical interview with soap and rest web services.They asked more questions about design patterns and how service oriented architecture works.after that some behavioural questions and got selected.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Menlo Park, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Horrible experience. They pay lesser than other bay area tech companies. I went all the way through and in the end, they tried to negotiate for less than what I earn now. Total waste of time and energy. Stay away from this company.

Manager was weird.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter followed by phone screen with hiring manager, then an on-site interview with multiple managers. The recruiting process is managed by a staffing company, in partnership with the hiring manager. Several people are involved in the process to set up / schedule the interview. Be flexible in terms of your schedule given you may receive only one day notice, at best, prior to being scheduled for an interview.

Interview Questions

• The process was not difficult. However, there was an unexpected element included in E-Trade's interview process. The process requires all applicants participating in the interview process to complete an application (standard) and an authorization form providing E-Trade with the right to conduct a full background check prior to participating in an interview and / or extending a job offer (not standard). The current practice for most employers is to conduct a background check after a candidate completes the interview process and receives a job offer, with the job offer contingent upon successful completion & passing the background check and other standard pre-employment tests.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in September 2014.

Interview

Submitted by a consulting company! Interview started with background, Experience Interview was very good very straight forward questions. Questions were from core java, Fundamentals, Spring, Hibernate, Rest web service Submitted by a consulting company! Interview started with background, Experience Interview was very good very straight forward questions. Questions were from core java, Fundamentals, Spring, Hibernate, Rest web service

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Interview

2.5 hours with 5 people in both NYC and Jersey City office. Some were on the phone, others in person. Questions asked were standard behavioral + "give me an example of a time". Typical fluff -- creativity, leadership, teamwork. Staff was relatively young. No surprises or hard-hitting questions but difficult to talk about personal accomplishments.

Interview Questions

• How would you differentiate E*TRADE from other companies in the same sector?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a reply email about 3 days later, asking me to fill out a interview document. The document informed you of the pay then you had to answer the questions on the work document and reply back to the hiring manager. Immediately, she gave me a call and asked me to walk her through my resume. I got the in person interview that next week. Prior to the in person interview, you have to come in to pass a math and reading test. It was difficult but if you do not pass you are out of the interview process. I had an interview with the senior manager, originally it should have been 2 managers but I guess I got lucky. It lasted for about an hour. I got the job. Pay was non negotiable.

Interview Questions

• How good are you at sales? Where do you want to be in 5 years? How do you feel about being micromanaged?   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Atlanta, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

1 phone interview, 1 in office interview. The length of time it took to hear feedback from the position was about 2 weeks. Very streamline process. The interviews are pretty laid back.

Mid Level Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Menlo Park, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied on staffing company website, got a call from recruiter who asked about my previous experience and projects. Next step, tech exercise, some Java coding and SQL exercise. After this - phone screen. In one week, face-to-face. In person is not hard, mostly conversation about previous experience.

Interview Questions

• You should describe all your previous projects clearly.   Answer Question

Got offer with smaller salary but with ability to telecommute. Very slow process!

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Interview

First, there was a phone interview, which was a tech screening. Then, an all day interview with 5 people. They asked a mixture of problem solving and job specific questions, plus social 'what if...' Questions.