E*TRADE Financial Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sandy, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in May 2011.

All initial communication was through email. Made me take some competency test to see if I had the capacity to pass the 7/63. After that test, they reviewed my scores and scheduled a second interview. Questions were pretty easy. A lot of questions asking about how you work under stress or examples of working with unhappy customers.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of when you've had to deliver bad news to someone in a professional work environment.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Offer was given over email,

Senior Project Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Multiple rounds of interview.Went through few rounds of negotiation.

Interview Questions
    In emails after they came back to me mentioning that they were interested in giving me the offer.

Team Lead, Gold Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sandy, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Called in for one on one interview with manager of customer service for the site. Went through very generic questions. Not really focused on the actual qualifications of my past. About 30 minutes long. In the end, she went with someone who she knew from a previous team. Once again, not based on qualifications, but who you know.

Associate Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in August 2013.

phone interview with HR woman followed by skills test and an interview with managers. Very easy interview overall.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a very difficult test you had and how you prepared for it   Answer Question

Didn't like the thought of working in a call center.

Financial Consultant Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Online application. Local interview.

No ability to negotiate

Senior Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Very easy but it took a long time. The interview process took about 6 months. Be sure your prepared and that you know the history of the company. Be ready to directly parallel your experience with the value you can add.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Allpied via a Recruiting company.
    Initianl phone screening - 30 mins of very basic & general questions.
    Called for on-site interview - Interview was planned for 1 1/2 hour but it got extended for 2 1/2 hours. Questions related with HTML, CSS & JS asked. Mostly on JS - closures, prototypes.

But Hiring managers were not clear on salary offer. They kept bargaining - too bad experience. From initial offer to final offer the difference was -20k. Inspite of having a positive experience with interview had a very bad experience when coming to compensation.

Credit Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in May 2009.

Very easy.. Manager at the time asked more questions about hobbies and we started talking about our lives more that work.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in May 2013.

Had a screening with the recruiter and asked me to meet with the HR rep. Traveled to NJ to meet with HR, and decided to schedule meeting with the team. Met with team one day and another day met HR rep & mgr. After 3 interviews, no offer.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle your most difficult situation? What steps did you take to resolve?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in October 2012.

Easy process got hired after one interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you resolve difference with your team members?   Answer Question