E*TRADE Financial

Updated Jan 13, 2015
Updated Jan 13, 2015

2.7

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Multiple rounds of interview.Went through few rounds of negotiation.

Interview Questions
    In emails after they came back to me mentioning that they were interested in giving me the offer.

Team Lead, Gold Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Called in for one on one interview with manager of customer service for the site. Went through very generic questions. Not really focused on the actual qualifications of my past. About 30 minutes long. In the end, she went with someone who she knew from a previous team. Once again, not based on qualifications, but who you know.

Financial Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Online application. Local interview.

No ability to negotiate

Associate Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in August 2013.

phone interview with HR woman followed by skills test and an interview with managers. Very easy interview overall.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a very difficult test you had and how you prepared for it   Answer Question

Didn't like the thought of working in a call center.

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in August 2013.

Interview process seemed pretty straightforward- easy market questions, focused on need for overtime during personal interview. The interview was pretty average, no real difficult questions, but working for the actual company afterward was a different story. Very sales driven to the detriment of the clients-

wouldnt negotiate salary even though going into company with a decade of experience- same pay for all licensed reps at start- pay people what they are worth and they may stay around

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in August 2013.

Interviewers gauge basic knowledge of C, memory profiling, SQL, Java programming and shell/Perl scripting in the Linux environment.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Very easy but it took a long time. The interview process took about 6 months. Be sure your prepared and that you know the history of the company. Be ready to directly parallel your experience with the value you can add.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Allpied via a Recruiting company.
    Initianl phone screening - 30 mins of very basic & general questions.
    Called for on-site interview - Interview was planned for 1 1/2 hour but it got extended for 2 1/2 hours. Questions related with HTML, CSS & JS asked. Mostly on JS - closures, prototypes.

But Hiring managers were not clear on salary offer. They kept bargaining - too bad experience. From initial offer to final offer the difference was -20k. Inspite of having a positive experience with interview had a very bad experience when coming to compensation.

Web Design Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in June 2013.

Basic interview yet very structured and professional. There were two interviews in the process. The questions were standard but I assume the take away was if they were given a determined answer. It was in a secluded and small room with a nice view of Midtown Manhattan so for me it was relaxing.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in May 2013.

Had a screening with the recruiter and asked me to meet with the HR rep. Traveled to NJ to meet with HR, and decided to schedule meeting with the team. Met with team one day and another day met HR rep & mgr. After 3 interviews, no offer.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle your most difficult situation? What steps did you take to resolve?   Answer Question