E*TRADE Financial

2.5

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Interview process started off very quickly, first with a phone interview and then a face to face with hiring manager. Next round of face to face was with five people, all very nice. I received great feedback from all the interviews, but then HR just stopped communicating. It was very unprofessional and they have been looking for someone for this position for six months. Now I see why. HR should at least respond with feedback. And, the job is still listed...

Interview Questions
    • The job description was much different compared to what the hiring manager was looking for. The other five people all had different ideas too.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in May 2013.

Had a screening with the recruiter and asked me to meet with the HR rep. Traveled to NJ to meet with HR, and decided to schedule meeting with the team. Met with team one day and another day met HR rep & mgr. After 3 interviews, no offer.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle your most difficult situation? What steps did you take to resolve?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in February 2011.

I was initially phone interviewed and asked to come in for a face to face interview with four people. After arriving, I met the hiring manager. He asked me the same questions as in the phone interview and I provided similar answers. After twenty minutes, he advised me that they had a candidate that they were close to an offer and brought me in "to make sure he wasn't missing anything." This was a complete waste of my time and very unprofessional.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in June 2010.

2 phone interviews and then an all day in person interview with 6 people

Interview Questions
    • Describe your most challenging situation and how did you solve it   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in January 2009.

Fairly straightforward technical interview. Absolutely NO behavior questions.
    Interviewers were friendly but ill-prepared except for one who was well prepared but surly.

3 rounds of 1:1 interviews. Interviewer asked me to explain current project and interrupted to ask about possible enhancements. Typical "if you could change one thing what would it be" type questions.

Interview Questions
    • Difference in approach to multi-threading in C++ and Java.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in September 2008.

It was a short and sweet. I was called by the HR rep and went through a phone interview. I was then invited for a 1:1 interview with one of the managers on the floor of the call center. Then again invited for a second interview with a senior manager of call center.

Interview Questions
    • If you could change anything in your past what would it be?   Answer Question