E*TRADE Financial

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Interview

Director
New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Interview Details – Interview process started off very quickly, first with a phone interview and then a face to face with hiring manager. Next round of face to face was with five people, all very nice. I received great feedback from all the interviews, but then HR just stopped communicating. It was very unprofessional and they have been looking for someone for this position for six months. Now I see why. HR should at least respond with feedback. And, the job is still listed...

Interview Question – The job description was much different compared to what the hiring manager was looking for. The other five people all had different ideas too.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in May 2013.

Interview Details – Had a screening with the recruiter and asked me to meet with the HR rep. Traveled to NJ to meet with HR, and decided to schedule meeting with the team. Met with team one day and another day met HR rep & mgr. After 3 interviews, no offer.

Interview Question – How did you handle your most difficult situation? What steps did you take to resolve?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in January 2009.

Interview Details – Fairly straightforward technical interview. Absolutely NO behavior questions.
Interviewers were friendly but ill-prepared except for one who was well prepared but surly.

3 rounds of 1:1 interviews. Interviewer asked me to explain current project and interrupted to ask about possible enhancements. Typical "if you could change one thing what would it be" type questions.

Interview Question – Difference in approach to multi-threading in C++ and Java.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Director Interview

Director
New York, NY

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was initially phone interviewed and asked to come in for a face to face interview with four people. After arriving, I met the hiring manager. He asked me the same questions as in the phone interview and I provided similar answers. After twenty minutes, he advised me that they had a candidate that they were close to an offer and brought me in "to make sure he wasn't missing anything." This was a complete waste of my time and very unprofessional.

Interview Question – When did you last provide this analysis?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in June 2010.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews and then an all day in person interview with 6 people

Interview Question – Describe your most challenging situation and how did you solve it   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
New York, NY

The process took 5 days - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in September 2008.

Interview Details – It was a short and sweet. I was called by the HR rep and went through a phone interview. I was then invited for a 1:1 interview with one of the managers on the floor of the call center. Then again invited for a second interview with a senior manager of call center.

Interview Question – If you could change anything in your past what would it be?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for E*TRADE Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at E*TRADE Financial interview questions and advice in New York, NY. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by E*TRADE Financial employees and interview candidates.