E*TRADE Financial

Updated Sep 13, 2014

3.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in September 2014.

Submitted by a consulting company! Interview started with background, Experience
Interview was very good very straight forward questions.
Questions were from core java, Fundamentals, Spring, Hibernate, Rest web service
Interview was very good very straight forward questions.

Other Interview Reviews for E*TRADE Financial

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in August 2013.

Interviewers gauge basic knowledge of C, memory profiling, SQL, Java programming and shell/Perl scripting in the Linux environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in December 2009.

I had initial phone screening interview and then called for face to face. There were 3 rounds of interview. In the first round, interviewer asked about my experience and high level architecture of the project I worked. Then the 2nd interviewer asked some Perl question. In the 3rd round, they asked about DB design and C++ OOD questions.

The first 2 rounds were easy going and interviewer were friendly. Not much happy with the front desk (receptionist ) persons behaviour. She was busy with her own world (talking in cellphone) rather giving attention to the visitors.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in January 2009.

Fairly straightforward technical interview. Absolutely NO behavior questions.
    Interviewers were friendly but ill-prepared except for one who was well prepared but surly.

3 rounds of 1:1 interviews. Interviewer asked me to explain current project and interrupted to ask about possible enhancements. Typical "if you could change one thing what would it be" type questions.

Interview Questions
    • Difference in approach to multi-threading in C++ and Java.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in November 2010.

I interviewed for a contractor role there. The interview was really technical, in depth into whatever I had worked on so far. The interviewers were pleasant. The interview process was a bit slow. I cleared all the levels, but they wanted to hire as a fulltime employee. I was looking for contract position and hence the offer was not made.