E*TRADE Financial Staff Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2014
Updated Jun 12, 2014

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Staff Software Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

First, there was a phone interview, which was a tech screening. Then, an all day interview with 5 people. They asked a mixture of problem solving and job specific questions, plus social 'what if...' Questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for E*TRADE Financial

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at E*TRADE Financial in April 2010.

It started with a phone interview with general questions about my knowledge and expertise. Next I came in for an in-person interview where I was given puzzle-type questions as well as Java-related questions. The final in-person interview was related to my personal and communication skills.

Interview Questions
    • It was difficult answering math-related questions asked by someone who took math in another country. The steps to solve the problems are a bit different.   Answer Question
    The HR person told me the offer, and I had about a week to decide whether or not I wanted the offer.