E*TRADE Financial

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Software Engineering Interview

Staff Software Engineering

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial.

Interview Details – First, there was a phone interview, which was a tech screening. Then, an all day interview with 5 people. They asked a mixture of problem solving and job specific questions, plus social 'what if...' Questions.

Interview Question – Towers of Hanoi...lol   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Staff Software Engineer
Alpharetta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at E*TRADE Financial in April 2010.

Interview Details – It started with a phone interview with general questions about my knowledge and expertise. Next I came in for an in-person interview where I was given puzzle-type questions as well as Java-related questions. The final in-person interview was related to my personal and communication skills.

Interview Question – It was difficult answering math-related questions asked by someone who took math in another country. The steps to solve the problems are a bit different.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The HR person told me the offer, and I had about a week to decide whether or not I wanted the offer.

Worked for E*TRADE Financial? Contribute to the Community!