E. & J. Gallo

78 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Wine Ambassador- William Hill Interview

Napa, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in April 2014.

Interview Details – phone interview that lasted an hour and a half. went extremely well and she even brought up another "hidden" job available. she was going to discuss with other HR execs and set up an interview at the winery. Called me back in a week, said I was overqualified for one position and decided to fill other position from in- house.

Interview Question – why have you not pursued any certificates or extra education   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in February 2014.

Interview Details – Initially was contacted by email to meet for coffee nearby my campus. After that I received a call for a formal interview (it was a 2 on 1 interview). That went really well, so I was asked to come back for a second face-to-face interview with two different Gallo higher level managers. Both interviews were fairly smooth. They asked the general questions such as: why are you interested in sales? Why Gallo specifically? What motivates you? Why do you think you would do well in this industry? etc. The next step was a job shadow of a sales representative. I thought it went great. But after this step, I received a letter in the mail saying "thanks, but we went with someone else." It was a great experience, not sure what went wrong though.

Interview Question – There were no real difficult questions. One that had me fumble for an answer a little though was: "tell us about a time where you struggled, and had to overcome the adversity or obstacles you faced." (or something of that nature). Those questions are hard, because you have to make a negative sound positive.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interviewed at E. & J. Gallo

Interview Details – Interviewed through school career fair. The interview seemed to go very well and we connected easily.

Interview Question – Went through resume and talked about past sales experiences.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Production Engineering Intern Interview

Modesto, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in March 2013.

Interview Details – Was recruited by a professor who is affiliated with the company. Soon after, HR from E&J Gallo contacted me to apply to a list of positions, production engineering intern being one on the list. Within a day I received an invitation to attend an interview conference at headquarters in Modesto Ca. Two weeks later I attended the interview conference. I went with a group of 9 other students. E&J Gallo sent a bus to our campus to pick us up and transport us to their location. The conference included a breakfast, three 1 hour interviews (almost back to back), lunch at a very lovely local restaurant, followed by a plant and bottling tour. The interviewing process was very relaxed and the E&J representatives were extremely welcoming and friendly. After the conclusion of the day, we were told we would hear back within 2-3 weeks. I heard back within a few days, and received an offer within one weeks time.

Interview Question – The usual behavioral based questions regarding group work, leadership, and how you have handled opposition or solved/mediated a conflict.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied in-person and interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview Details – I interviewed at the company booth when they visited my campus. It was only one interview, and I was interviewed by my current boss. The questions were all philosophical which was a bit intimidating, but it helped me make a good connection with him, which is probably why I was offered a position.

Interview Question – What is the source of your motivation (really open ended question)   Answer Question

Technical Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview Details – Initial 15 minute phone screen. Went on site for 4 45 minute interviews with 2 different people at each one.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you implemented change on campus or in your past work experiences   Answer Question

Payroll Technician Interview

I applied online and interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview Details – First round is with a recruiter, goes over job description and your resume to determine if you move forward

Interview Question – Must have 2 of the 3 items looking for - union, multi-state and international payroll experience.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview Details – The interview was 7 interviewers and me. Asked about 12 questions that we are situational based. Was very intimidating at first, but ultimately it was easy to connect with all 7 of the interviewers.

Interview Question – What is the hardest challenge you've faced?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview Details – Case study with relevance to area in which you're applying for.
Personality based interview to assess the fit for the company.
Overall a very transparent process with great insight into the job.
Nothing about the process is meant to trick you but to really see if you're capable for the position.

Interview Question – how would you approach this problem we're having....?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Modesto is a dump and there's supposedly an effort to make all interns aware of each other for housing however there's no help fromt hat

Research Scientist Interview

Research Scientist
Modesto, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview Details – Submitted by a headhunter and was phone interviewed by day 2 by HR. Day 5 was phone interviewed by hiring manager and VP. Then by day 10 was out for a weekend stay and interview on site. Was interviewed by three groups of four individuals over five hours with a lunch interview of two persons. Ending with HR. They let me know I would be getting an offer soon. Since I have joined the company the groups are smaller and we tend to be more conservative in our hiring decisions, waiting a week or two.

Interview Question – Questions are more personality in type to understand if you will fit into the Gallo style.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at E. & J. Gallo

Worked for E. & J. Gallo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at E. & J. Gallo interview questions and advice. All 78 interview reviews posted anonymously by E. & J. Gallo employees and interview candidates.