E. & J. Gallo Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.9

Quality Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo (Modesto, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The company flew me down to their location, taking care of all expenses. I had two interviews and everyone I talked to was very kind and made me feel extremely comfortable. We discussed my resume, followed by situational and response questions.

Management Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview

I was first in contact with a campus recruiter, which then lead to two interviews set up on campus (Eugene, OR). After that I conducted a field rep shadow experience in Portland. Lastly, I was invited to a final recruiting conference in Sonoma county, which consisted of a combination of workshops, interviews (mainly covering resume and experiences, nothing tough), and fancy dinners. All in all it was an awesome experience.

Interview Questions

• If you were to build a sales team of 5 individuals you know, who would you choose and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sonoma, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo (Sonoma, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was flown out to the Bay Area for a three day recruitment conference with this company. The experience was amazing. They wined and dined us every night and we had an excellent chance to interact with employees and other candidates in a variety of social situations. It is clear that the Gallo culture is a special one and it really shines through their people.

Interview Questions

• All of the formal interviews were very easy and conversational.   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo (Modesto, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Great conversations with recruiter including phone screen and gathering of information for myself. Then had a second phone screen with a Director on one of their businesses ( a lot of questions about favorite brand, what brand would you be etc). Then, flew out to California for an interview with 5 people. I had great conversations with the HR lead, 3 Directors, and a MM. Some of the discussions were tough (one focused mainly on failures and how I handled them). Others were on successes.

Interview Questions

• How have you failed and how do you handle failure   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo (Stockton, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I only made it to round 1, in person interview with one person at the school career resource center. 30 minute interview. The interviewer was not even a HR person or a business analyst, he was a architecture with a engineering background.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview

It was a very relaxed environment. Although it was a job interview, they did a nice job of keeping the mood upbeat. I really enjoyed going through the process and meeting several employees of the company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview

Never got back with me if I got the position or not, they never let me know. Looking for the people with lots of leadership experience. Interview process is not bad, difficult questions. Had to ask to rephrase a few times.

Interview Questions

• What would you say your biggest failure in life is?
      What is your biggest success in life?
      When was a time you were faced with a problem that you thought was a large problem but once you figure it out the problem was actually very simple?

Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview

Recruited via LinkedIn. Went through two phone interviews and was waiting to have flights scheduled for the job shadow. Heard back from them a few weeks later and they had decided to not move me forward with the process because they had not met me when they were on campus for our career expo.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I went through 3 rounds. One initial interview to get to know me and and seconded one to decide whether I would meet with the distract manager. The next step after I passed all three rounds was to go on a ride along with a sales associate. Finally I attended a two day conference that was a lot of fun!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years? What is a flaw you have? What leadership skills do you possess?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo (Dayton, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Had 2 interviews, first was average. The second round was a very conversational interview. The interviewer was very easy to talk to, she had me walk her through my resume and my experiences and explain more about what I like to do. She had some questions she "had to ask" that were more structured and typical interview questions. I thought the interview went very well, was shocked when I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to overcome bad group dynamics and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question