E. & J. Gallo Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014
Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.8

Training Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Had 4 interviews: first a phone interview with an internal recruiter, second a phone interview with the hiring manager, third a video conference with the hiring manager, HR manager, and project manager, and finally, a video conference where I was asked to give a presentation.

Everyone was extremely friendly and the questions were typical interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • The question that made me pause was 'Why should they hire me for the position as opposed to other candidates with similar qualifications? What makes me special?'
      It's tough to make yourself stand out and not sound like you're bringing other candidates down in the process.
        Answer Question

Business Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

First round, on-campus interview: Very straightforward interview process. The interviews had actually taken the time to review my resume beforehand and asked me questions directly based off of it. I was impressed with how prepared THEY were. There were no trick questions - all behavioral, all straightforward, and all relevant to the position.

I do not yet know if I made it to the second round, but I do know that I had a very pleasant interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? (I always have a tough time with this question)   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo in October 2014.

I applied for the position. Within days, I received an automated email saying they'll be pursuing other candidates. Approximately two weeks later, I received another email asking me to reapply since the job description and requirements had changed. So, I reapplied. Three days later, I received an email asking for writing samples. I sent those and the next day I received another automated email saying they were pursuing other candidates. I was a bit confused because the turnaround time from when I submitted my writing samples to when I received the rejection email was very tight. I called the HR person who originally asked for writing samples, just to get clarification in case there was a glitch in the system. Turns out, I was overqualified for the position and they were looking for someone much more junior. One would think I would be irritated but the internal recruiter was SO NICE and helpful. I respect their decision and I'm glad they didn't waste my time only to give me an offer with a salary lower than I desired. She was honestly the nicest recruiter I have ever encountered. My goal is to move back to Modesto and work for Gallo. So I will continue to check their job openings in hope of seeing something that is a better fit...hopefully, in the near future!

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo in October 2014.

I have my second interview tomorrow. The first interview was very simple and straightforward behavioral questions. They LOVE competitiveness. There was no trickery and the interviewer even gave me pointers after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Gallo? Ready to be in the back of a warehouse at 8PM on a Friday night?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

I first met a recruiter at my college career fair. We talked for a while, and after the career fair I followed up with an email expressing my interest in the position. We talked on the phone and scheduled the first interview with her. It went well, and I go invited to go on a ride a long with a current sales representative. After, I had another interview with the general sales manager.

MBA Finance Interview

I applied online – interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Apply with resume and cover letter. Two phone interviews before being invited to final round in CA. One interview is with an analyst and one is with a director. Did not receive a formal notification of not making it to the final round until the day of final round interviews, although I obviously knew I didn't get it at that point.

Harvest Lab Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Submitted my resume online through college website after meeting them at the career fair. Was called maybe a month later to schedule interview. First interview consisted of two people, second interview was just one. took about 2 weeks after first interview to be contacted about second interview. Then 3 weeks to after second interview to be offered the job. The interviews themselves were very casual and comfortable. Asking standard interview questions and only a few about lab procedures, my past experience, and where I see myself in the next 5-10yrs. They also included questions about quality of life and work/life balance.

No negotiation.

Programmer Analyst Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Was very lax and was a full day affair. Went on a tour of the facility and then interviewed with three employees and was only asked one technical question about stacks and queues.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about living in Modesto as a full-time employee in the future; it was hard to answer because I had no experience with them and was not sure of my future plans.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo in May 2014.

1 phone interview/screening; 1 on site interview; typical phone screening questions about background and why Gallo; on site interview with 3 different people-HR person, President of Division, General Manager / Finance person

Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Asked basic questions. Was more of a conversation through the first interview. Did not make it any further than the first interview because they passed my resume to another company for a sales position.

Interview Questions
    • The one question that I remembered she asked me was how I viewed competition.   Answer Question