E. & J. Gallo

89 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

MBA Finance Interview

MBA Finance

I applied online and interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview Details – Apply with resume and cover letter. Two phone interviews before being invited to final round in CA. One interview is with an analyst and one is with a director. Did not receive a formal notification of not making it to the final round until the day of final round interviews, although I obviously knew I didn't get it at that point.

Interview Question – How many bottles of wine are sold in the US?   Answer Question

Production Team Lead Interview

Production Team Lead
Modesto, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in January 2010.

Interview Details – Targeted Selection Process, use the STAR Method to answer - Situation, Task, Your Direct Actions & Result. They Pay well so you should expect to have at least 5 individuals to interview with consisting of HR, Hiring Manager, Manager/Director of the Department and possibly VP of the overall hierarchy in which you are applying for. Be honest, use examples from a wide variety of past experience and make sure to take the opportunity to pat yourself on the back for positive examples used in your answers. Be excited!

Interview Question – Conflict Resolution   Answer Question

Harvest Lab Interview

Harvest Lab

I applied through college or university and interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume online through college website after meeting them at the career fair. Was called maybe a month later to schedule interview. First interview consisted of two people, second interview was just one. took about 2 weeks after first interview to be contacted about second interview. Then 3 weeks to after second interview to be offered the job. The interviews themselves were very casual and comfortable. Asking standard interview questions and only a few about lab procedures, my past experience, and where I see myself in the next 5-10yrs. They also included questions about quality of life and work/life balance.

Interview Question – No questions stood out as difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Process Technology Intern Interview

Process Technology Intern
UC Berkeley, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in April 2014.

Interview Details – Was actually looking at Gallo for a few months in the fall of 2013 looking for jobs. They came by my university a few times and I submitted a few resumes in the fall to no avail. Tried again in January/early Feb career fairs for a Project Engineering Intern position and was contacted in early March asking if I was still interested. I said yes and interviews were scheduled for early April. Interview was very chill as someone I recognized and another person interviewed me. Asked mainly behavioral questions and interview overall was very conversational. Went over resume and was asked to explain particular things about my resume. Was able to ask plenty of questions and get information about the position. Was told that if I was taken they would be seeing where we fit well and it might not necessarily be in the Project Engineering position I was interviewing for. Fair enough. Waited about 2 weeks for a response and got the offer by phone. Whole process from submitted resumes to getting offer took around 2.5 months. Not bad.

Interview Question – None of the questions asked were particularly difficult. Mainly your standard behavioral questions. I prepared for technical questions in process engineering just in case though.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation involved. Just went with offer as it was commensurate with my experience and what I'd seen from other similar position inters at Gallo

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Elizabeth, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in May 2014.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview/screening; 1 on site interview; typical phone screening questions about background and why Gallo; on site interview with 3 different people-HR person, President of Division, General Manager / Finance person

Interview Question – How would you deal with increasing employee morale   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Internship Interview

Programmer Analyst Internship
Modesto, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview Details – Was very lax and was a full day affair. Went on a tour of the facility and then interviewed with three employees and was only asked one technical question about stacks and queues.

Interview Question – Asked about living in Modesto as a full-time employee in the future; it was hard to answer because I had no experience with them and was not sure of my future plans.   Answer Question

Process Technology Intern Interview

Process Technology Intern

Interviewed at E. & J. Gallo

Interview Details – Gave resume at career fair, applied online through university portal, was interviewed about 2 weeks later. They got back to me 3 weeks or so after that.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral, question about unpopular idea and what you know about the company.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

Interviewed at E. & J. Gallo

Interview Details – Focused on past work experience, they will see if you're qualified in the first interview then they will call you back for a second

Interview Question – How much do you think you will be paid   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – 3 Year training process seems too long

Management Development Program Interview

Management Development Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview Details – Asked basic questions. Was more of a conversation through the first interview. Did not make it any further than the first interview because they passed my resume to another company for a sales position.

Interview Question – The one question that I remembered she asked me was how I viewed competition.   Answer Question

Undisclosed Interview

Undisclosed

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview Details – I was hired through an outside recruiter, so I had one offsite interview then a panel interview onsite. If you apply through the website, you only get a call if they are interested in you and there can be multiple steps (phone interview, then a day of interviews, then a final interview). The whole thing can take a long time if there are multiple candidates.

Interview Question – What does your current boss do in his/her job?   Answer Question

Worked for E. & J. Gallo? Contribute to the Community!