E. & J. Gallo

81 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Process Technology Intern Interview

Interviewed at E. & J. Gallo

Interview Details – Gave resume at career fair, applied online through university portal, was interviewed about 2 weeks later. They got back to me 3 weeks or so after that.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral, question about unpopular idea and what you know about the company.   Answer Question

Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview Details – Asked basic questions. Was more of a conversation through the first interview. Did not make it any further than the first interview because they passed my resume to another company for a sales position.

Interview Question – The one question that I remembered she asked me was how I viewed competition.   Answer Question

Undisclosed Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview Details – I was hired through an outside recruiter, so I had one offsite interview then a panel interview onsite. If you apply through the website, you only get a call if they are interested in you and there can be multiple steps (phone interview, then a day of interviews, then a final interview). The whole thing can take a long time if there are multiple candidates.

Interview Question – What does your current boss do in his/her job?   Answer Question

Wine Ambassador- William Hill Interview

Napa, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in April 2014.

Interview Details – phone interview that lasted an hour and a half. went extremely well and she even brought up another "hidden" job available. she was going to discuss with other HR execs and set up an interview at the winery. Called me back in a week, said I was overqualified for one position and decided to fill other position from in- house.

Interview Question – why have you not pursued any certificates or extra education   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in February 2014.

Interview Details – Initially was contacted by email to meet for coffee nearby my campus. After that I received a call for a formal interview (it was a 2 on 1 interview). That went really well, so I was asked to come back for a second face-to-face interview with two different Gallo higher level managers. Both interviews were fairly smooth. They asked the general questions such as: why are you interested in sales? Why Gallo specifically? What motivates you? Why do you think you would do well in this industry? etc. The next step was a job shadow of a sales representative. I thought it went great. But after this step, I received a letter in the mail saying "thanks, but we went with someone else." It was a great experience, not sure what went wrong though.

Interview Question – There were no real difficult questions. One that had me fumble for an answer a little though was: "tell us about a time where you struggled, and had to overcome the adversity or obstacles you faced." (or something of that nature). Those questions are hard, because you have to make a negative sound positive.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interviewed at E. & J. Gallo

Interview Details – Interviewed through school career fair. The interview seemed to go very well and we connected easily.

Interview Question – Went through resume and talked about past sales experiences.   Answer Question

Production Engineering Intern Interview

Modesto, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in March 2013.

Interview Details – Was recruited by a professor who is affiliated with the company. Soon after, HR from E&J Gallo contacted me to apply to a list of positions, production engineering intern being one on the list. Within a day I received an invitation to attend an interview conference at headquarters in Modesto Ca. Two weeks later I attended the interview conference. I went with a group of 9 other students. E&J Gallo sent a bus to our campus to pick us up and transport us to their location. The conference included a breakfast, three 1 hour interviews (almost back to back), lunch at a very lovely local restaurant, followed by a plant and bottling tour. The interviewing process was very relaxed and the E&J representatives were extremely welcoming and friendly. After the conclusion of the day, we were told we would hear back within 2-3 weeks. I heard back within a few days, and received an offer within one weeks time.

Interview Question – The usual behavioral based questions regarding group work, leadership, and how you have handled opposition or solved/mediated a conflict.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied in-person and interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview Details – I interviewed at the company booth when they visited my campus. It was only one interview, and I was interviewed by my current boss. The questions were all philosophical which was a bit intimidating, but it helped me make a good connection with him, which is probably why I was offered a position.

Interview Question – What is the source of your motivation (really open ended question)   Answer Question

Technical Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview Details – Initial 15 minute phone screen. Went on site for 4 45 minute interviews with 2 different people at each one.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you implemented change on campus or in your past work experiences   Answer Question

Payroll Technician Interview

I applied online and interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview Details – First round is with a recruiter, goes over job description and your resume to determine if you move forward

Interview Question – Must have 2 of the 3 items looking for - union, multi-state and international payroll experience.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at E. & J. Gallo

Worked for E. & J. Gallo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at E. & J. Gallo interview questions and advice. All 81 interview reviews posted anonymously by E. & J. Gallo employees and interview candidates.