E. & J. Gallo Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call to set up an interview. I then had the interview with two of the recruiters/hiring managers. After that I was invited to go on a ride along with one of their sales people. I followed him for a day to see what it was like. After that I was asked to come in to an interview with the area sales manager. I thought the interview went well and he said I should hear within two weeks. I sent a thank you email but sadly never heard from them regarding the position. Even if it was a no, its a polite and I would expect such a large and professional company to send at least a courtesy email to people interested in working for them. Pretty disappointing at how unprofessional it turned out to be.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to work very early mornings and have constant disappointment with regards to sales?   Answer Question

Creative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo (Modesto, CA).

Interview

The interview started at 8am and ended about 4pm. Even though it was an all day process it was very pleasant. I met with everyone from the upper management team and ended with a tour of the winery.

Quality Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo (Modesto, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The company flew me down to their location, taking care of all expenses. I had two interviews and everyone I talked to was very kind and made me feel extremely comfortable. We discussed my resume, followed by situational and response questions.

Sales Representative Chain Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

My Sales Management professor at SJSU had connections with the Gallo Wine Sales Company. Their HR and Area Manager came into my class and presented Gallo to the class through videos and powerpoints. I walked up to the HR during the class break and pitched myself well enough to get an interview. First interview was at a Philz Coffee shop close by campus. They wanted a place I was able to conveniently get to since I lived next to the SJSU campus. The recruiter drove all the way from Hayward to meet up with me. First interview was basically a run down review of my resume with the HR Trainer that presented in my class. Questions came up as the situation saw fit. Very conversational. After the end of the interview she asked my availability the following week for my second interview with the Area Manager of the Bay Area. This second interview was to take place at a Starbucks in Dublin. That interview pretty much covered the same topics as a run down of my resume. There were specific questions about the positions stated in my resume regarding responsibilities and transferable skills to the sales rep job. The last step was a ride along with one of the Sale Reps. I followed a Sales Rep that was stationed in the Saratoga area. It started at 6am till about 1pm. She still continued her route and also had a team meeting afterwards. It was a great experience seeing on the job work and the day in the life of a Sales Rep. 2 weeks later I got a phone call offer and accepted it! They then email you an online offer that you officially e-sign to make it official. After that there is a background check and drug test/ physical screen. The HR will then call you for an official start date as your new member orientation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. (right off the bat) Elevator Speech time What was the most difficult period in your life, and how did you deal with it? Give me an example of a time you did something wrong. How did you handle it? What techniques and tools do you use to keep yourself organized? Why should we hire you? Do you have any questions for me? (HAVE QUESTIONS!!! IT SHOWS YOUR ARE INTERESTED!!!)   Answer Question

Management Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview

I was first in contact with a campus recruiter, which then lead to two interviews set up on campus (Eugene, OR). After that I conducted a field rep shadow experience in Portland. Lastly, I was invited to a final recruiting conference in Sonoma county, which consisted of a combination of workshops, interviews (mainly covering resume and experiences, nothing tough), and fancy dinners. All in all it was an awesome experience.

Interview Questions

• If you were to build a sales team of 5 individuals you know, who would you choose and why?   Answer Question

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sonoma, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo (Sonoma, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was flown out to the Bay Area for a three day recruitment conference with this company. The experience was amazing. They wined and dined us every night and we had an excellent chance to interact with employees and other candidates in a variety of social situations. It is clear that the Gallo culture is a special one and it really shines through their people.

Interview Questions

• All of the formal interviews were very easy and conversational.   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo (Modesto, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Great conversations with recruiter including phone screen and gathering of information for myself. Then had a second phone screen with a Director on one of their businesses ( a lot of questions about favorite brand, what brand would you be etc). Then, flew out to California for an interview with 5 people. I had great conversations with the HR lead, 3 Directors, and a MM. Some of the discussions were tough (one focused mainly on failures and how I handled them). Others were on successes.

Interview Questions

• How have you failed and how do you handle failure   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo (Stockton, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I only made it to round 1, in person interview with one person at the school career resource center. 30 minute interview. The interviewer was not even a HR person or a business analyst, he was a architecture with a engineering background.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview

It was a very relaxed environment. Although it was a job interview, they did a nice job of keeping the mood upbeat. I really enjoyed going through the process and meeting several employees of the company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview

Never got back with me if I got the position or not, they never let me know. Looking for the people with lots of leadership experience. Interview process is not bad, difficult questions. Had to ask to rephrase a few times.

Interview Questions

• What would you say your biggest failure in life is? What is your biggest success in life? When was a time you were faced with a problem that you thought was a large problem but once you figure it out the problem was actually very simple?   Answer Question