E. & J. Gallo Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014
Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.8

Sales Representative Interview

I first met a recruiter at my college career fair. We talked for a while, and after the career fair I followed up with an email expressing my interest in the position. We talked on the phone and scheduled the first interview with her. It went well, and I go invited to go on a ride a long with a current sales representative. After, I had another interview with the general sales manager.

Associate Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in February 2013.

3 interviews, reviewed resume. Very straight forward interviews with director of operations, plant manager, maintenance manager, and engineering manager. Hiring process was very simple, offer sheet detailed everything on terms of employment, signing bonus included.

No negotiation.

MBA Finance Interview

I applied online - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Apply with resume and cover letter. Two phone interviews before being invited to final round in CA. One interview is with an analyst and one is with a director. Did not receive a formal notification of not making it to the final round until the day of final round interviews, although I obviously knew I didn't get it at that point.

Harvest Lab Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Submitted my resume online through college website after meeting them at the career fair. Was called maybe a month later to schedule interview. First interview consisted of two people, second interview was just one. took about 2 weeks after first interview to be contacted about second interview. Then 3 weeks to after second interview to be offered the job. The interviews themselves were very casual and comfortable. Asking standard interview questions and only a few about lab procedures, my past experience, and where I see myself in the next 5-10yrs. They also included questions about quality of life and work/life balance.

No negotiation.

Production Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Modesto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in January 2010.

Targeted Selection Process, use the STAR Method to answer - Situation, Task, Your Direct Actions & Result. They Pay well so you should expect to have at least 5 individuals to interview with consisting of HR, Hiring Manager, Manager/Director of the Department and possibly VP of the overall hierarchy in which you are applying for. Be honest, use examples from a wide variety of past experience and make sure to take the opportunity to pat yourself on the back for positive examples used in your answers. Be excited!

Process Technology Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  UC Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in April 2014.

Was actually looking at Gallo for a few months in the fall of 2013 looking for jobs. They came by my university a few times and I submitted a few resumes in the fall to no avail. Tried again in January/early Feb career fairs for a Project Engineering Intern position and was contacted in early March asking if I was still interested. I said yes and interviews were scheduled for early April. Interview was very chill as someone I recognized and another person interviewed me. Asked mainly behavioral questions and interview overall was very conversational. Went over resume and was asked to explain particular things about my resume. Was able to ask plenty of questions and get information about the position. Was told that if I was taken they would be seeing where we fit well and it might not necessarily be in the Project Engineering position I was interviewing for. Fair enough. Waited about 2 weeks for a response and got the offer by phone. Whole process from submitted resumes to getting offer took around 2.5 months. Not bad.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions asked were particularly difficult. Mainly your standard behavioral questions. I prepared for technical questions in process engineering just in case though.   Answer Question
    No negotiation involved. Just went with offer as it was commensurate with my experience and what I'd seen from other similar position inters at Gallo

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elizabeth, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in May 2014.

1 phone interview/screening; 1 on site interview; typical phone screening questions about background and why Gallo; on site interview with 3 different people-HR person, President of Division, General Manager / Finance person

Programmer Analyst Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Modesto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Was very lax and was a full day affair. Went on a tour of the facility and then interviewed with three employees and was only asked one technical question about stacks and queues.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about living in Modesto as a full-time employee in the future; it was hard to answer because I had no experience with them and was not sure of my future plans.   Answer Question

Process Technology Intern Interview

Gave resume at career fair, applied online through university portal, was interviewed about 2 weeks later. They got back to me 3 weeks or so after that.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral, question about unpopular idea and what you know about the company.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Focused on past work experience, they will see if you're qualified in the first interview then they will call you back for a second

3 Year training process seems too long

Worked for E. & J. Gallo? Contribute to the Community!