E. & J. Gallo

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.9

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

When I first walked in to the interview two men were waiting for me. They asked me to tell me about myself and explain my resume. Afterwards, they asked me a few behavioral questions. They were not very outgoing or friendly and did not seem like they liked their job at Gallo.

Associate Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

The interview process was in two parts - an on campus interview, followed by a 2 day event that consisted of a tour and 4 rounds of back to back interviews and case study presentation. It was strenuous and exhausting, but an excellent experience

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are behavioral questions, only very few technical questions   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate

MDP Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

They interview with two rounds of interviews focusing on behavior questions really and then candidates are invited to a region conference. Usually at the conference there are 10-15 selected candidates from over 800 applicants.

Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

I met them at Career Fair where I was asked back for a first interview. They only asked me background information and things from my resume, extremely straight up.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in your life you displayed leadership skills.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Met the recruiting manager at a job fair. Called me next week for an interview. Then was invited on a ride along with a sales rep. Then was called to schedule a final interview with the general sales manager. Offer pending drug test, physical, and background check.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions like "tell me a time where you had a problem at work or in life"   Answer Question

Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Met recruiter at Career fair on campus and sent in resume on university portal. Was invited via email about a week after submission to attend info session and 1st interview. Interview simply reviewed resume and asked specifics about leadership qualities. Was just invited to second interview about 1 1/2 weeks after!

Interview Questions
    • What as the most difficult part of your biggest leadership role   Answer Question

Training Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Had 4 interviews: first a phone interview with an internal recruiter, second a phone interview with the hiring manager, third a video conference with the hiring manager, HR manager, and project manager, and finally, a video conference where I was asked to give a presentation.

Everyone was extremely friendly and the questions were typical interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • The question that made me pause was 'Why should they hire me for the position as opposed to other candidates with similar qualifications? What makes me special?'
      It's tough to make yourself stand out and not sound like you're bringing other candidates down in the process.

Answer Question

Business Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

First round, on-campus interview: Very straightforward interview process. The interviews had actually taken the time to review my resume beforehand and asked me questions directly based off of it. I was impressed with how prepared THEY were. There were no trick questions - all behavioral, all straightforward, and all relevant to the position.

I do not yet know if I made it to the second round, but I do know that I had a very pleasant interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? (I always have a tough time with this question)   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo in October 2014.

I applied for the position. Within days, I received an automated email saying they'll be pursuing other candidates. Approximately two weeks later, I received another email asking me to reapply since the job description and requirements had changed. So, I reapplied. Three days later, I received an email asking for writing samples. I sent those and the next day I received another automated email saying they were pursuing other candidates. I was a bit confused because the turnaround time from when I submitted my writing samples to when I received the rejection email was very tight. I called the HR person who originally asked for writing samples, just to get clarification in case there was a glitch in the system. Turns out, I was overqualified for the position and they were looking for someone much more junior. One would think I would be irritated but the internal recruiter was SO NICE and helpful. I respect their decision and I'm glad they didn't waste my time only to give me an offer with a salary lower than I desired. She was honestly the nicest recruiter I have ever encountered. My goal is to move back to Modesto and work for Gallo. So I will continue to check their job openings in hope of seeing something that is a better fit...hopefully, in the near future!

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo in October 2014.

I have my second interview tomorrow. The first interview was very simple and straightforward behavioral questions. They LOVE competitiveness. There was no trickery and the interviewer even gave me pointers after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Gallo? Ready to be in the back of a warehouse at 8PM on a Friday night?   View Answer