E. & J. Gallo Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.9

Management Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview

I was first in contact with a campus recruiter, which then lead to two interviews set up on campus (Eugene, OR). After that I conducted a field rep shadow experience in Portland. Lastly, I was invited to a final recruiting conference in Sonoma county, which consisted of a combination of workshops, interviews (mainly covering resume and experiences, nothing tough), and fancy dinners. All in all it was an awesome experience.

Interview Questions

• If you were to build a sales team of 5 individuals you know, who would you choose and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sonoma, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo (Sonoma, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was flown out to the Bay Area for a three day recruitment conference with this company. The experience was amazing. They wined and dined us every night and we had an excellent chance to interact with employees and other candidates in a variety of social situations. It is clear that the Gallo culture is a special one and it really shines through their people.

Interview Questions

• All of the formal interviews were very easy and conversational.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview

It was a very relaxed environment. Although it was a job interview, they did a nice job of keeping the mood upbeat. I really enjoyed going through the process and meeting several employees of the company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview

Never got back with me if I got the position or not, they never let me know. Looking for the people with lots of leadership experience. Interview process is not bad, difficult questions. Had to ask to rephrase a few times.

Interview Questions

• What would you say your biggest failure in life is?
      What is your biggest success in life?
      When was a time you were faced with a problem that you thought was a large problem but once you figure it out the problem was actually very simple?

Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview

Recruited via LinkedIn. Went through two phone interviews and was waiting to have flights scheduled for the job shadow. Heard back from them a few weeks later and they had decided to not move me forward with the process because they had not met me when they were on campus for our career expo.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I went through 3 rounds. One initial interview to get to know me and and seconded one to decide whether I would meet with the distract manager. The next step after I passed all three rounds was to go on a ride along with a sales associate. Finally I attended a two day conference that was a lot of fun!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years? What is a flaw you have? What leadership skills do you possess?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo (Dayton, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Had 2 interviews, first was average. The second round was a very conversational interview. The interviewer was very easy to talk to, she had me walk her through my resume and my experiences and explain more about what I like to do. She had some questions she "had to ask" that were more structured and typical interview questions. I thought the interview went very well, was shocked when I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to overcome bad group dynamics and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo (Modesto, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I experienced a two day interview process with more than eight people of varying management levels from various departments of the business. I met with members of the Sales, Finance, Human Resources and Information Technology departments. These represented the departments the role would work with most often. The one-on-one interviews took place over breakfast, lunch and in-between, lasting anywhere from 30 minutes to over an hour.

Interview Questions

• What is a major misconception people have about you.   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo (Modesto, CA).

Interview

Detailed, we had dinner and an all day interview. The process was long but very good. Allowed the candidate the ability to explain themselves clearly. Overall a great experience and a well put together process

Intern Interview

Interview

I was very impressed. Campus interview. It was a one on one interview. It was very friendly and professional. Definitely encouraged me to work for this company. I was very impressed. Campus interview. It was a one on one interview. It was very friendly and professional. Definitely encouraged me to work for this company.

Interview Questions

• Experience based questions, tell us more about this on your resume, etc.   Answer Question