E. & J. Gallo Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.9

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

It was a very relaxed environment. Although it was a job interview, they did a nice job of keeping the mood upbeat. I really enjoyed going through the process and meeting several employees of the company.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Never got back with me if I got the position or not, they never let me know. Looking for the people with lots of leadership experience. Interview process is not bad, difficult questions. Had to ask to rephrase a few times.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say your biggest failure in life is?
      What is your biggest success in life?
      When was a time you were faced with a problem that you thought was a large problem but once you figure it out the problem was actually very simple?

Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Recruited via LinkedIn. Went through two phone interviews and was waiting to have flights scheduled for the job shadow. Heard back from them a few weeks later and they had decided to not move me forward with the process because they had not met me when they were on campus for our career expo.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo in March 2015.

I went through 3 rounds. One initial interview to get to know me and and seconded one to decide whether I would meet with the distract manager. The next step after I passed all three rounds was to go on a ride along with a sales associate. Finally I attended a two day conference that was a lot of fun!

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 10 years? What is a flaw you have? What leadership skills do you possess?   Answer Question

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo in March 2015.

Had 2 interviews, first was average. The second round was a very conversational interview. The interviewer was very easy to talk to, she had me walk her through my resume and my experiences and explain more about what I like to do. She had some questions she "had to ask" that were more structured and typical interview questions. I thought the interview went very well, was shocked when I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you had to overcome bad group dynamics and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Detailed, we had dinner and an all day interview. The process was long but very good. Allowed the candidate the ability to explain themselves clearly. Overall a great experience and a well put together process

Intern Interview

I was very impressed. Campus interview. It was a one on one interview. It was very friendly and professional. Definitely encouraged me to work for this company. I was very impressed. Campus interview. It was a one on one interview. It was very friendly and professional. Definitely encouraged me to work for this company.

Interview Questions
    • Experience based questions, tell us more about this on your resume, etc.   Answer Question

Winemaking Inernship Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

I submitted my resume to a recruiter who had contacted my research advisor in search of recruits. I submitted my resume online, and was contacted by the winemaker via email about 2 weeks later. We set up a phone call for the following week. In this phone call, the representative from Gallo further explained the details of the internship and asked a few simple questions

Interview Questions
    • Will you be 21 at the time of hiring?
      Do you drink wine for your enjoyment? If so, what sort of wine would you choose?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo in February 2015.

Interviewers were personable and informative. They were extremely interested in my qualifications and getting to know me. They look for people with leadership experience and somewhat of a sales background. They want to know why you are interested in the alcohol industry as well.

Still considering.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo in February 2015.

I talked to them at a college career fair. I was offered an in-person interview the next day. I was later given an interview over the phone where they asked me to verify my work eligibility and experience prior to a background check.

I was offered this internship and I start this summer. It lasts for 6 months.