E. & J. Gallo Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.9

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call to set up an interview. I then had the interview with two of the recruiters/hiring managers. After that I was invited to go on a ride along with one of their sales people. I followed him for a day to see what it was like. After that I was asked to come in to an interview with the area sales manager. I thought the interview went well and he said I should hear within two weeks. I sent a thank you email but sadly never heard from them regarding the position. Even if it was a no, its a polite and I would expect such a large and professional company to send at least a courtesy email to people interested in working for them. Pretty disappointing at how unprofessional it turned out to be.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to work very early mornings and have constant disappointment with regards to sales?   Answer Question

Quality Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo (Modesto, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The company flew me down to their location, taking care of all expenses. I had two interviews and everyone I talked to was very kind and made me feel extremely comfortable. We discussed my resume, followed by situational and response questions.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo (Stockton, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I only made it to round 1, in person interview with one person at the school career resource center. 30 minute interview. The interviewer was not even a HR person or a business analyst, he was a architecture with a engineering background.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview

Never got back with me if I got the position or not, they never let me know. Looking for the people with lots of leadership experience. Interview process is not bad, difficult questions. Had to ask to rephrase a few times.

Interview Questions

• What would you say your biggest failure in life is? What is your biggest success in life? When was a time you were faced with a problem that you thought was a large problem but once you figure it out the problem was actually very simple?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview

Recruited via LinkedIn. Went through two phone interviews and was waiting to have flights scheduled for the job shadow. Heard back from them a few weeks later and they had decided to not move me forward with the process because they had not met me when they were on campus for our career expo.

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo (Dayton, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Had 2 interviews, first was average. The second round was a very conversational interview. The interviewer was very easy to talk to, she had me walk her through my resume and my experiences and explain more about what I like to do. She had some questions she "had to ask" that were more structured and typical interview questions. I thought the interview went very well, was shocked when I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to overcome bad group dynamics and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo (Modesto, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I experienced a two day interview process with more than eight people of varying management levels from various departments of the business. I met with members of the Sales, Finance, Human Resources and Information Technology departments. These represented the departments the role would work with most often. The one-on-one interviews took place over breakfast, lunch and in-between, lasting anywhere from 30 minutes to over an hour.

Interview Questions

• What is a major misconception people have about you.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

I was very impressed. Campus interview. It was a one on one interview. It was very friendly and professional. Definitely encouraged me to work for this company. I was very impressed. Campus interview. It was a one on one interview. It was very friendly and professional. Definitely encouraged me to work for this company.

Interview Questions

• Experience based questions, tell us more about this on your resume, etc.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview

When I first walked in to the interview two men were waiting for me. They asked me to tell me about myself and explain my resume. Afterwards, they asked me a few behavioral questions. They were not very outgoing or friendly and did not seem like they liked their job at Gallo.

Ranch Leader I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in December 2014.

Interview

Applied Online, had a phone interview asking basic questions about my resume. They they schedules a second phone interview, but instead they called back and decided to fly me out. The interview experience was great. I interviewed with two managers and a person from HR. They reviewed my resume and took lots of notes. They asked many behavioral questions. Then they took me on an amazing tour of their facilities, and then out to lunch. Then another gentlemen took me on another tour of their different vineyards. They literally took the entire day to show me around. It was incredible how friendly they were.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you have had to deal with a difficult situation?   Answer Question