E. & J. Gallo Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.9

Winemaking Inernship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview

I submitted my resume to a recruiter who had contacted my research advisor in search of recruits. I submitted my resume online, and was contacted by the winemaker via email about 2 weeks later. We set up a phone call for the following week. In this phone call, the representative from Gallo further explained the details of the internship and asked a few simple questions

Interview Questions

• Will you be 21 at the time of hiring?
      Do you drink wine for your enjoyment? If so, what sort of wine would you choose?

Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewers were personable and informative. They were extremely interested in my qualifications and getting to know me. They look for people with leadership experience and somewhat of a sales background. They want to know why you are interested in the alcohol industry as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Still considering.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo (West Lafayette, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

I talked to them at a college career fair. I was offered an in-person interview the next day. I was later given an interview over the phone where they asked me to verify my work eligibility and experience prior to a background check.

I was offered this internship and I start this summer. It lasts for 6 months.

Regional Fine Wine Manager Interview

Interview

Great process and easy to connect with the leadership team. Gallo knows what they want and if you fit the bill, you'll get the opportunity to work for one of the best wineries in the world. It started with a phone screen then a series of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the biggest failure in your career. What happened and what did you do?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview

When I first walked in to the interview two men were waiting for me. They asked me to tell me about myself and explain my resume. Afterwards, they asked me a few behavioral questions. They were not very outgoing or friendly and did not seem like they liked their job at Gallo.

Ranch Leader I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo in December 2014.

Interview

Applied Online, had a phone interview asking basic questions about my resume. They they schedules a second phone interview, but instead they called back and decided to fly me out. The interview experience was great. I interviewed with two managers and a person from HR. They reviewed my resume and took lots of notes. They asked many behavioral questions. Then they took me on an amazing tour of their facilities, and then out to lunch. Then another gentlemen took me on another tour of their different vineyards. They literally took the entire day to show me around. It was incredible how friendly they were.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you have had to deal with a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Associate Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview

The interview process was in two parts - an on campus interview, followed by a 2 day event that consisted of a tour and 4 rounds of back to back interviews and case study presentation. It was strenuous and exhausting, but an excellent experience

Interview Questions

• Most questions are behavioral questions, only very few technical questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

MDP Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview

They interview with two rounds of interviews focusing on behavior questions really and then candidates are invited to a region conference. Usually at the conference there are 10-15 selected candidates from over 800 applicants.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview

I met them at Career Fair where I was asked back for a first interview. They only asked me background information and things from my resume, extremely straight up.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in your life you displayed leadership skills.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview

Met the recruiting manager at a job fair. Called me next week for an interview. Then was invited on a ride along with a sales rep. Then was called to schedule a final interview with the general sales manager. Offer pending drug test, physical, and background check.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions like "tell me a time where you had a problem at work or in life"   Answer Question