E. & J. Gallo

Updated Feb 22, 2015
Updated Feb 22, 2015

2.8

Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Met recruiter at Career fair on campus and sent in resume on university portal. Was invited via email about a week after submission to attend info session and 1st interview. Interview simply reviewed resume and asked specifics about leadership qualities. Was just invited to second interview about 1 1/2 weeks after!

Interview Questions
    • What as the most difficult part of your biggest leadership role   Answer Question

Training Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Had 4 interviews: first a phone interview with an internal recruiter, second a phone interview with the hiring manager, third a video conference with the hiring manager, HR manager, and project manager, and finally, a video conference where I was asked to give a presentation.

Everyone was extremely friendly and the questions were typical interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • The question that made me pause was 'Why should they hire me for the position as opposed to other candidates with similar qualifications? What makes me special?'
      It's tough to make yourself stand out and not sound like you're bringing other candidates down in the process.

Answer Question

Business Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

First round, on-campus interview: Very straightforward interview process. The interviews had actually taken the time to review my resume beforehand and asked me questions directly based off of it. I was impressed with how prepared THEY were. There were no trick questions - all behavioral, all straightforward, and all relevant to the position.

I do not yet know if I made it to the second round, but I do know that I had a very pleasant interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? (I always have a tough time with this question)   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo in October 2014.

I applied for the position. Within days, I received an automated email saying they'll be pursuing other candidates. Approximately two weeks later, I received another email asking me to reapply since the job description and requirements had changed. So, I reapplied. Three days later, I received an email asking for writing samples. I sent those and the next day I received another automated email saying they were pursuing other candidates. I was a bit confused because the turnaround time from when I submitted my writing samples to when I received the rejection email was very tight. I called the HR person who originally asked for writing samples, just to get clarification in case there was a glitch in the system. Turns out, I was overqualified for the position and they were looking for someone much more junior. One would think I would be irritated but the internal recruiter was SO NICE and helpful. I respect their decision and I'm glad they didn't waste my time only to give me an offer with a salary lower than I desired. She was honestly the nicest recruiter I have ever encountered. My goal is to move back to Modesto and work for Gallo. So I will continue to check their job openings in hope of seeing something that is a better fit...hopefully, in the near future!

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo in October 2014.

I have my second interview tomorrow. The first interview was very simple and straightforward behavioral questions. They LOVE competitiveness. There was no trickery and the interviewer even gave me pointers after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Gallo? Ready to be in the back of a warehouse at 8PM on a Friday night?   View Answer

Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo in October 2014.

I attended information session on campus. After the attending the information session, I received an email from the recruiter regarding an on campus interview opportunity. There was no phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions and your experience, for example, if you have any sales experience.   Answer Question

Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo in October 2014.

Initially heard about the company at my school's career fair. Submitted my resume then heard back for an on campus interview. The first interview was really easy and relaxed. Then had a second interview on campus and it was much more difficult. Kept asking me to provide more detail and seemed opened disappointed in my responses.

Interview Questions
    • When you are in a freezing cold grocery store at 6am how do you plan to sell our products?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Met them at a job fair, they emailed me to come on-site for an interview. Interview was only about fifteen minutes. It was entirely personal, absolutely zero technical questions. Pretty much just went through my resume bullet by bullet and discussed things, asking for details. Make sure you know what you have on your resume, and make sure you can answer any questions about it, from difficulties during your projects to more about your volunteer work.

Interview Questions
    • There were no technical questions, just know what you have on your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo in October 2014.

Mostly situational questions from going through my resume. Asked for specific experiences and what I learned from them. They wanted to know about sales experiences and how I felt about working in a sales environment. They asked why I wanted to work at Gallo, what I liked about the company etc.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

awesome! they interviewed me at Galletos...enough said. The staff was awesome whom i was going to work with. One was a collegue of mine at the time without knowing.