E. & J. Gallo

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.9

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo in October 2014.

I have my second interview tomorrow. The first interview was very simple and straightforward behavioral questions. They LOVE competitiveness. There was no trickery and the interviewer even gave me pointers after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Gallo? Ready to be in the back of a warehouse at 8PM on a Friday night?   View Answer

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

awesome! they interviewed me at Galletos...enough said. The staff was awesome whom i was going to work with. One was a collegue of mine at the time without knowing.

Sales Representative Interview

I first met a recruiter at my college career fair. We talked for a while, and after the career fair I followed up with an email expressing my interest in the position. We talked on the phone and scheduled the first interview with her. It went well, and I go invited to go on a ride a long with a current sales representative. After, I had another interview with the general sales manager.

Retail Operations Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo in September 2014.

My experience with the interview process was awesome! I had interaction on the HR side with Allison, Danielle and Emily. Danielle conducted my initial screening interview. She was very professional and informative about the position and the company. She exuded the company's core values right from the beginning which helped me to ascertain what a great company I was interviewing with. My conversations with Emily and Allison were not as extensive but the same qualities and passion came through. In my career this is a rarity to find this consistency across the board.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult employee challenge you have had to deal with in your professional management career?   Answer Question
    Minimal negotiation was required.

MBA Finance Interview

I applied online – interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Apply with resume and cover letter. Two phone interviews before being invited to final round in CA. One interview is with an analyst and one is with a director. Did not receive a formal notification of not making it to the final round until the day of final round interviews, although I obviously knew I didn't get it at that point.

Harvest Lab Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Submitted my resume online through college website after meeting them at the career fair. Was called maybe a month later to schedule interview. First interview consisted of two people, second interview was just one. took about 2 weeks after first interview to be contacted about second interview. Then 3 weeks to after second interview to be offered the job. The interviews themselves were very casual and comfortable. Asking standard interview questions and only a few about lab procedures, my past experience, and where I see myself in the next 5-10yrs. They also included questions about quality of life and work/life balance.

No negotiation.

Programmer Analyst Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Was very lax and was a full day affair. Went on a tour of the facility and then interviewed with three employees and was only asked one technical question about stacks and queues.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about living in Modesto as a full-time employee in the future; it was hard to answer because I had no experience with them and was not sure of my future plans.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo in May 2014.

1 phone interview/screening; 1 on site interview; typical phone screening questions about background and why Gallo; on site interview with 3 different people-HR person, President of Division, General Manager / Finance person

Statistician Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in May 2014.

Talking more about the course project on the resume, discuss some machine learning techniques, the disadvantages and advantages. Some other statistical model like LME and logistic regression
    There is also a small dataset on a pdf file about some wine brands sale data. Make some kind of suggestion based on the data in maybe 10 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • The interview is not easy, but not hard. Basically they are checking whether or not your statistical background is solid or not. The other question is only checking if you can think logically.   Answer Question

Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Asked basic questions. Was more of a conversation through the first interview. Did not make it any further than the first interview because they passed my resume to another company for a sales position.

Interview Questions
    • The one question that I remembered she asked me was how I viewed competition.   Answer Question