E. & J. Gallo

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.9

Undisclosed Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

I was hired through an outside recruiter, so I had one offsite interview then a panel interview onsite. If you apply through the website, you only get a call if they are interested in you and there can be multiple steps (phone interview, then a day of interviews, then a final interview). The whole thing can take a long time if there are multiple candidates.

Sales Representative Interview

Focused on past work experience, they will see if you're qualified in the first interview then they will call you back for a second

3 Year training process seems too long

Sales Representative Interview

Interviewed through school career fair. The interview seemed to go very well and we connected easily.

Interview Questions
    • Went through resume and talked about past sales experiences.   Answer Question

Process Technology Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo in April 2014.

Was actually looking at Gallo for a few months in the fall of 2013 looking for jobs. They came by my university a few times and I submitted a few resumes in the fall to no avail. Tried again in January/early Feb career fairs for a Project Engineering Intern position and was contacted in early March asking if I was still interested. I said yes and interviews were scheduled for early April. Interview was very chill as someone I recognized and another person interviewed me. Asked mainly behavioral questions and interview overall was very conversational. Went over resume and was asked to explain particular things about my resume. Was able to ask plenty of questions and get information about the position. Was told that if I was taken they would be seeing where we fit well and it might not necessarily be in the Project Engineering position I was interviewing for. Fair enough. Waited about 2 weeks for a response and got the offer by phone. Whole process from submitted resumes to getting offer took around 2.5 months. Not bad.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions asked were particularly difficult. Mainly your standard behavioral questions. I prepared for technical questions in process engineering just in case though.   Answer Question
    No negotiation involved. Just went with offer as it was commensurate with my experience and what I'd seen from other similar position inters at Gallo

Wine Ambassador- William Hill Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo in April 2014.

phone interview that lasted an hour and a half. went extremely well and she even brought up another "hidden" job available. she was going to discuss with other HR execs and set up an interview at the winery. Called me back in a week, said I was overqualified for one position and decided to fill other position from in- house.

Interview Questions
    • why have you not pursued any certificates or extra education   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo in April 2014.

Telephone interview was with a conference with 2 people, going over common questions about background and education.
    After passing that round, I was invited to a day-long orientation process with other applicants (some for IT like me, others for the business side) that toured the ground of the winery and included wine-tasting. Breakfast and lunch were catered. 3 rounds of interviewing also happened, asking various technical questions (a few repeats).

Intern Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

I interviewed at the company booth when they visited my campus. It was only one interview, and I was interviewed by my current boss. The questions were all philosophical which was a bit intimidating, but it helped me make a good connection with him, which is probably why I was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • What is the source of your motivation (really open ended question)   Answer Question

Technical Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Initial 15 minute phone screen. Went on site for 4 45 minute interviews with 2 different people at each one.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you implemented change on campus or in your past work experiences   Answer Question

Payroll Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

First round is with a recruiter, goes over job description and your resume to determine if you move forward

Interview Questions
    • Must have 2 of the 3 items looking for - union, multi-state and international payroll experience.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

The interview was 7 interviewers and me. Asked about 12 questions that we are situational based. Was very intimidating at first, but ultimately it was easy to connect with all 7 of the interviewers.