E. & J. Gallo Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Senior Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hayward, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in July 2013.

Phone interview w/ recruiter followed by phone interview w/ hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Recruiter asked what I was doing for money while I was unemployed -- really inappropriate. Interviews weren't difficult but was disappointed that they had me do 2 interviews, said they would follow-up within 2 weeks, and then never got back at all. I'm in HR and the lack of respect Gallo shows to their candidates is troublesome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in March 2013.

Two rounds of on campus interviews followed by a trip to wine country for the final rounds of interviewing. The trip to wine country is used to get to know you and the other applicants on a personal level.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Modesto, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Contacted by a retained head hunter for a senior level position. The recruiter provided me the background of the Company and the function, not all of it was accurate along with the requirements of the position. After a detail interview with the recruiter, a formal interview was arranged with the hiring manager and the HR. The interview was not as expected. Within few minutes I realized that the hiring manager perhaps had someone in mind and he was conducted the search more as a formality. The HR added few questions which were irrelevant and unnecessary. Overall it was not a pleasant experience. I was told that the recruiter will get back to me with feedback. I waited few days but did not receive any feedback. Finally I contacted the recruiter several times till I was able to connect. I was told that they would not want to pursue and have found another candidate whom they liked more. I kind of knew that but was keen to know what was in their mind.

Interview Questions
    • Really nothing was difficult but unexpected as the questions were extremely tactical.   View Answer

Marketing Specialist In Brand Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Modesto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Immediately got email back confirming from online system. Received HR email shortly thereafter (within a week) stating they would set up interview. Phone interview during the initial period then full day of in person interviews with various BUs in marketing department. They do this because various jobs may be open and depending on the type of candidate you are, may be a good fit for one department over another.

Interview Questions
    • Questions around my experience in marketing analytics and how I would potentially approach an analytical/data situation. This was my first job in analytics so tough to come up with a competent answer.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Modesto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in July 2011.

Interview process involved multiple phone screens (recruiter, HR, Hiring Manager) and 2-day onsite interview.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Healdsburg, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Healdsburg, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in June 2012.

This company's HR department sucks. They took forever to email me back about the position, and only had done so after they had trolled me online. Then I went in for the interview and found the hiring manager to be disengaged. I'm thinking to myself "why did you ask me in for an interview if you don't care about what I have to say?"

Then, it took another 10 days for them to chat amongst themselves about my interview without so much as an email about how it went.

Interview Questions

I got an offer from a different winery.

Sales Representative Interview

applied online and then was asked to interview. went to three different interviews on a ride along

Sales Representative Interview

Got a call from a screener - asked basic questions like what I had heard about Gallo, why I wanted to work for Gallo, what sets me apart from competition, etc. Also made sure I didn't have any DUIs. Then had an interview with a district manager and he gave me info about the company and asked some "get to know you" questions.

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

The interview entailed a few questions regarding my interest in equipment. At the end of the interview, i was given a tour of the facilities.

Provided a good salary

Sales Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

I originally came in contact with E.&J. Gallo at a job fair out of state and the recruiter there put me in touch with the recruiter for my area. Once it was the semester I was graduating in, I reached out to her to set up a time to have a phone interview. She was very friendly, loved Gallo and even was in the program I was interviewing for in the past. The questions mainly were behavioral based. About two weeks later I set up a time to do a skype interview with her boss. The interview was very similar as before and at the end he invited me to attend their final interviews taking place the following week.

At the final rounds, the first day is broken up into two parts. The first part you get to hear presentations and do Q&A from people who are currently in roles that you will progress through when you are accepted into the program. The second part of the day is spent networking with executives in the company to learn more about Gallo and to sell yourself as well as you can since they are going to be the ones interviewing you the next day.

The second day is interviews and seeing what a typical day is like as a sales rep. There are a few different interviews with 2-4 different execs at a time. During the interviews it is really important to highlight your successes, leadership skills and why you would be great as a sales rep for Gallo because they are looking for great sales reps who have high potential to become leaders in the company. They also take candidates out in groups to visit a local grocery store to see what a typical day is like. This is a great opportunity to see if this is really a good fit for you and to ask questions. You learn what to look for, what they look for in merchandising etc. Then you have lunch and they send you on your way!

They also give feedback very fast after final rounds and gave me feedback which I totally agreed on. While this may not seem like a big deal, I really appreciated their timeliness, respect and feedback since I feel like companies with similar programs do very poorly when it comes to providing interviewees with feedback afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a sale you recently had. What is a goal you have for yourself? Tell me what you know about the company. If I offered you a position in XYZ, would you take it?   Answer Question