E. & J. Gallo

Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.9

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Submitted by a headhunter and was phone interviewed by day 2 by HR. Day 5 was phone interviewed by hiring manager and VP. Then by day 10 was out for a weekend stay and interview on site. Was interviewed by three groups of four individuals over five hours with a lunch interview of two persons. Ending with HR. They let me know I would be getting an offer soon. Since I have joined the company the groups are smaller and we tend to be more conservative in our hiring decisions, waiting a week or two.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are more personality in type to understand if you will fit into the Gallo style.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Case study with relevance to area in which you're applying for.
    Personality based interview to assess the fit for the company.
    Overall a very transparent process with great insight into the job.
    Nothing about the process is meant to trick you but to really see if you're capable for the position.

Interview Questions
    Modesto is a dump and there's supposedly an effort to make all interns aware of each other for housing however there's no help fromt hat

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

I went on two in-office interviews and one "day in the life" work day.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo in February 2014.

Initially was contacted by email to meet for coffee nearby my campus. After that I received a call for a formal interview (it was a 2 on 1 interview). That went really well, so I was asked to come back for a second face-to-face interview with two different Gallo higher level managers. Both interviews were fairly smooth. They asked the general questions such as: why are you interested in sales? Why Gallo specifically? What motivates you? Why do you think you would do well in this industry? etc. The next step was a job shadow of a sales representative. I thought it went great. But after this step, I received a letter in the mail saying "thanks, but we went with someone else." It was a great experience, not sure what went wrong though.

Interview Questions
    • There were no real difficult questions. One that had me fumble for an answer a little though was: "tell us about a time where you struggled, and had to overcome the adversity or obstacles you faced." (or something of that nature). Those questions are hard, because you have to make a negative sound positive.   Answer Question

Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

College Recruiter came and took Resume, Very friendly. 2 rounds of behavioral interviews then third round was a 2 day conference in Boston where you have dinner with executives then 3 rounds of interviews in the morning. Traveling expenses are taken care of and people were very friendly throughout the entire process.

slightly negotiable

Management Training Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Met them at college career fair and had a great initial talk. Got called in the next day for an on-campus interview. Really positive experience. Interview was more of a conversation, rather than a typical structured interview.

Interview Questions
    • straight forward interview, nothing too hard. Do research on company and know their products!   Answer Question

Management Development Program - Chain Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

First received a pretty basic phone call. The recruiter described the company and position and asked a few basic questions about my resume and interest in the company. Then went in for an interview. The questions were all pretty basic, standard questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why Gallo, why not another company in the same industry?   Answer Question

Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo in November 2013.

Met their head of HR as well as two other District Managers at a career fair. They liked my resume and had a great conversation with them. They invited me back the next day for an interview. I interview with 3 of them. Interview was rather unorganized, had multiple people asking me questions at once. Nothing complicated(why do you want to work in sales, why gallo, etc.). They then sent me on a shadow day. The shadow went well, really just engage with the person and make good conversation, be positive, etc. That then went well and they sent me to their regional conference. I was with a handful of students. I thought the day went great. Went through a series of 5-10 interviews. Once again, nothing tricky.

I ended up getting a call a week or so later. I thought it went really well, but they didn't offer me a position. their head of HR wouldn't give me any feedback, nothing to work on, and was a bit rude when telling me. The experience was extremely positive and straight forward, but I was rather unsatisfied when he wouldn't give me any reasoning behind it.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo in November 2013.

Submitted my resume online while applying to be in their college undergraduate recruiting process. I was asked to pick a time and date for an on-campus interview. The interview was 2 on 1 and was very friendly and relaxed.

Afterwards I was accepted to their two-day recruiting event at their Modesto headquarters. It involved a tour of their campus, two dinners, one breakfast, and one lunch; all with Gallo employees. It also had four 1-on-1 interviews (average difficulty with behavioral questions) and a team case study and presentation.

Operations Team Leader II Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo in September 2013.

I was contacted by recruiter and filled out supplemental questionnaire. I have over 15 years in operations and logistics. I waited over 2 weeks and was told I did not meet there qualifications. I then saw a job 2 weeks later for a Logistics position but was told that once you apply and are turned down for any position your resume is thrown out. They rely on too much automation in there hiring process and never make an effort.