E. & J. Gallo Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.9

Interview

awesome! they interviewed me at Galletos...enough said. The staff was awesome whom i was going to work with. One was a collegue of mine at the time without knowing.

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

I first met a recruiter at my college career fair. We talked for a while, and after the career fair I followed up with an email expressing my interest in the position. We talked on the phone and scheduled the first interview with her. It went well, and I go invited to go on a ride a long with a current sales representative. After, I had another interview with the general sales manager.

Retail Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo in September 2014.

Interview

My experience with the interview process was awesome! I had interaction on the HR side with Allison, Danielle and Emily. Danielle conducted my initial screening interview. She was very professional and informative about the position and the company. She exuded the company's core values right from the beginning which helped me to ascertain what a great company I was interviewing with. My conversations with Emily and Allison were not as extensive but the same qualities and passion came through. In my career this is a rarity to find this consistency across the board.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult employee challenge you have had to deal with in your professional management career?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimal negotiation was required.

GWW I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo (Modesto, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

It is a long process. Almost 3 months. On-line application a 6week wait for a call back. A quick phone interview confirming things that I had already put on my applications,dates of employment, education level, confirmation of no misdemeanors. Scheduled to take the Workkeys test about 2 weeks later. You must have a score of 4 or better on these tests. There are 5 that you must pass. Three of them can be taken in advance at theAlliance Worknet program in Modesto.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in your work experience when an idea of yours was used. How did it help the customers? How did it benefit your co-corkers? Would you be available for overtime? Are you available for all shifts?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was a set pay for this union position

MBA Finance Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview

Apply with resume and cover letter. Two phone interviews before being invited to final round in CA. One interview is with an analyst and one is with a director. Did not receive a formal notification of not making it to the final round until the day of final round interviews, although I obviously knew I didn't get it at that point.

Harvest Lab Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview

Submitted my resume online through college website after meeting them at the career fair. Was called maybe a month later to schedule interview. First interview consisted of two people, second interview was just one. took about 2 weeks after first interview to be contacted about second interview. Then 3 weeks to after second interview to be offered the job. The interviews themselves were very casual and comfortable. Asking standard interview questions and only a few about lab procedures, my past experience, and where I see myself in the next 5-10yrs. They also included questions about quality of life and work/life balance.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Programmer Analyst Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo (Modesto, CA).

Interview

Was very lax and was a full day affair. Went on a tour of the facility and then interviewed with three employees and was only asked one technical question about stacks and queues.

Interview Questions

• Asked about living in Modesto as a full-time employee in the future; it was hard to answer because I had no experience with them and was not sure of my future plans.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo (Elizabeth, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

1 phone interview/screening; 1 on site interview; typical phone screening questions about background and why Gallo; on site interview with 3 different people-HR person, President of Division, General Manager / Finance person

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in May 2014.

Interview

Talking more about the course project on the resume, discuss some machine learning techniques, the disadvantages and advantages. Some other statistical model like LME and logistic regression
    There is also a small dataset on a pdf file about some wine brands sale data. Make some kind of suggestion based on the data in maybe 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• The interview is not easy, but not hard. Basically they are checking whether or not your statistical background is solid or not. The other question is only checking if you can think logically.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview

Asked basic questions. Was more of a conversation through the first interview. Did not make it any further than the first interview because they passed my resume to another company for a sales position.

Interview Questions

• The one question that I remembered she asked me was how I viewed competition.   Answer Question