E. & J. Gallo

Getting the Interview

78 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in March 2013.

Interview Details – All behavioral interview questions. Very laid back and conversational. They want to get to know you... be positive and talkative. They want you to have extra cirricular activities. There is a first round, second round, then a recruiting conference. Mine was in Sonoma, CA. It was really fun you get to meet a lot of people in the Gallo company and network.

Interview Question – Not anything out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I'm in the process of deciding whether I want to accept or not

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Modesto, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview Details – HR coordinator contacted me, she had gotten my resume from my HR Professor. I completed the phone interview and was told that she would call me back to set up my appointment time for a plant tour and a meet and greet with some of the other HR staff. HR coordinator didn't follow through multiple times. Over a two month period we played phone tag back and forth. Each phone conversation I had with her ended with "I will call you tomorrow." She never called back each time like she said and when I would leave messages she never answered me back. I finally was able to get into contact with somebody higher up in the HR dept that I know personally and she told the hr coordinator to call me back. I really wanted this job but was let down with this particular HR coordinator's lack of follow through and organization, it put a bad taste in my mouth after that and I knew this was not the job for me.

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Sales/Account Management Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in February 2013.

Interview Details – I met with Gallo at a career fair and was called back for a formal interview. The interview was easy with a lot of personality based questions. (Display Leadership... why gallo? why sales? Ect... )

Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview Details – Two on Campus Interviews
Regional Conference

Interview Question – Describe a time when you displayed leadership
How have you been a leader on campus
What is your proudest achievement on campus
  Answer Question

Process Technology Intern Interview

Process Technology Intern

Interview Details – I met 2 recruiters at an engineering career fair at my university. After speaking with them about the positions open, the company location, and the job description, I was invited to an interview the next day on campus. I went to the interview and the same two recruiters interviewed me. They were both in their early thirties and very friendly. The interview felt relaxed. It was a great experience. They covered their questions that they ask everyone, then asked resume specific questions.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions. The classic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation since it is an internship

Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in February 2013.

Interview Details – The recruiter came to campus and conducted interviews and then the info session. They asked the basic question but based off of my experience and just read from my resume. It was all about tell me a time when questions.

Interview Question – If you know yourself and you have been a leader in organizations then you will do great. Just think of different scenarios that you have been in. I would suggest doing practice interviews if you have not really interviewed with a company.   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied through college or university - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in February 2013.

Interview Details – Met recruiters at Career Fair, & was invited for an interview which went very well. Both recruiters were personable & it was a simple meeting where they asked about my resume, described the job, etc. I was then asked to come for a second interview and it was borderline unprofessional and left me feeling very discouraged about the job. This was a complete shock as all of my encounters with this company and its employees have been nothing but positive. Most of the questions were not related to the job or the company but rather my change in major from healthcare to business. Additionally, I was hurried out the door to due lack of time and was unable to ask the recruiter any questions.

Interview Question – What other companies are you currently interviewing with and why are those companies not related to this industry?   Answer Question

Sales Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview Details – Came to school career fair. Met with recruiters and was able to secure an interview the next day. Interviewed with two young associates, but not the older, more experienced recruiter.

Interview Question – Why not any other companies in similar categories?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in December 2011.

Interview Details – Had initial interview on my campus, it was your basic describe your resume and talk about yourself. I got along with the interviewer very well and it was awesome.

I then went to OKC and interviewed with the HR. They were very awesome.

Interview Question – Talk about my resume?   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in December 2012.

Interview Details – Two rounds of interviews at my university then one final round at the regional conference. Regional conference was very unique in that there were directors from each of the sectors of E&J Gallo sales and they shared their experiences and answered any questions before even the first formal interview. Had to come up with a product pitch and present to many directors before the first formal interview. There were four held, two on each day.

Interview Question – Mostly character questions.   Answer Question