E. & J. Gallo Management Development Program Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2014

2.7

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Asked basic questions. Was more of a conversation through the first interview. Did not make it any further than the first interview because they passed my resume to another company for a sales position.

Interview Questions
  • The one question that I remembered she asked me was how I viewed competition.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for E. & J. Gallo

Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in November 2013.

Met their head of HR as well as two other District Managers at a career fair. They liked my resume and had a great conversation with them. They invited me back the next day for an interview. I interview with 3 of them. Interview was rather unorganized, had multiple people asking me questions at once. Nothing complicated(why do you want to work in sales, why gallo, etc.). They then sent me on a shadow day. The shadow went well, really just engage with the person and make good conversation, be positive, etc. That then went well and they sent me to their regional conference. I was with a handful of students. I thought the day went great. Went through a series of 5-10 interviews. Once again, nothing tricky.

I ended up getting a call a week or so later. I thought it went really well, but they didn't offer me a position. their head of HR wouldn't give me any feedback, nothing to work on, and was a bit rude when telling me. The experience was extremely positive and straight forward, but I was rather unsatisfied when he wouldn't give me any reasoning behind it.

Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

College Recruiter came and took Resume, Very friendly. 2 rounds of behavioral interviews then third round was a 2 day conference in Boston where you have dinner with executives then 3 rounds of interviews in the morning. Traveling expenses are taken care of and people were very friendly throughout the entire process.

slightly negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hayward, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in February 2013.

I was employed by Gallo at the time of my interview for the Management Development Program, and was excited to talk about the opportunity to move forward in my career. The interview process was short, and I felt pretty good about my answers. The HR coordinator said I would definitely be contacted in March to let me know of the status "either way", and then it changed to April. For a soon to be college graduate, it's a long selection process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a challenge you had while in a leadership position   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in March 2013.

All behavioral interview questions. Very laid back and conversational. They want to get to know you... be positive and talkative. They want you to have extra cirricular activities. There is a first round, second round, then a recruiting conference. Mine was in Sonoma, CA. It was really fun you get to meet a lot of people in the Gallo company and network.

Interview Questions

I'm in the process of deciding whether I want to accept or not

Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Two on Campus Interviews
    Regional Conference

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you displayed leadership
      How have you been a leader on campus
      What is your proudest achievement on campus
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in December 2012.

Two rounds of interviews at my university then one final round at the regional conference. Regional conference was very unique in that there were directors from each of the sectors of E&J Gallo sales and they shared their experiences and answered any questions before even the first formal interview. Had to come up with a product pitch and present to many directors before the first formal interview. There were four held, two on each day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Started at a career fair- made it to fourth round interviews. Overall, incredibly nice and hardworking people.

Interview Questions
    • What is something in this interview process that you wish you would have brought up? In other words, if you could brag about something you haven't shared in this interview process so far, what would you tell us now?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through college or university - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in January 2010.

I first talked to the recruiters at a career fair on campus. I applied online and then got a call back.The interview was really chill. All the interviewer asked was to talk through my resume. The interview was more of a conversation. The interviewer was nice, but unprofessional.

Interview Questions

I did not like the culture.

Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Started with the career fair on campus, then we were asked to submit resumes online. Next I was asked to participate in an on campus interview. Pretty standard behavioral questions. There was an information session the night before, which we were told if we hadn't attended, we would not be invited back. The final round of interviews is a two day conference with presentations and 3 rounds of 30 minute interviews. I will be attending in the next few weeks and am hoping to get an offer!

Interview Questions
    • Leadership skills, since I did not run for office or participate in many extracurriculars, I had trouble with this. Other than that, they mainly just walk you through your resume and ask you to describe the different elements.   Answer Question

Worked for E. & J. Gallo? Contribute to the Community!