E. & J. Gallo

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Development Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview Details – Asked basic questions. Was more of a conversation through the first interview. Did not make it any further than the first interview because they passed my resume to another company for a sales position.

Interview Question – The one question that I remembered she asked me was how I viewed competition.   Answer Question

Management Development Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in November 2013.

Interview Details – Met their head of HR as well as two other District Managers at a career fair. They liked my resume and had a great conversation with them. They invited me back the next day for an interview. I interview with 3 of them. Interview was rather unorganized, had multiple people asking me questions at once. Nothing complicated(why do you want to work in sales, why gallo, etc.). They then sent me on a shadow day. The shadow went well, really just engage with the person and make good conversation, be positive, etc. That then went well and they sent me to their regional conference. I was with a handful of students. I thought the day went great. Went through a series of 5-10 interviews. Once again, nothing tricky.

I ended up getting a call a week or so later. I thought it went really well, but they didn't offer me a position. their head of HR wouldn't give me any feedback, nothing to work on, and was a bit rude when telling me. The experience was extremely positive and straight forward, but I was rather unsatisfied when he wouldn't give me any reasoning behind it.

Interview Question – Why Gallo?   Answer Question

Management Development Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview Details – College Recruiter came and took Resume, Very friendly. 2 rounds of behavioral interviews then third round was a 2 day conference in Boston where you have dinner with executives then 3 rounds of interviews in the morning. Traveling expenses are taken care of and people were very friendly throughout the entire process.

Interview Question – What separates you from all the other candidates?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – slightly negotiable

Hayward, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was employed by Gallo at the time of my interview for the Management Development Program, and was excited to talk about the opportunity to move forward in my career. The interview process was short, and I felt pretty good about my answers. The HR coordinator said I would definitely be contacted in March to let me know of the status "either way", and then it changed to April. For a soon to be college graduate, it's a long selection process.

Interview Question – Describe a challenge you had while in a leadership position   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in March 2013.

Interview Details – All behavioral interview questions. Very laid back and conversational. They want to get to know you... be positive and talkative. They want you to have extra cirricular activities. There is a first round, second round, then a recruiting conference. Mine was in Sonoma, CA. It was really fun you get to meet a lot of people in the Gallo company and network.

Interview Question – Not anything out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I'm in the process of deciding whether I want to accept or not

Management Development Program

I applied through college or university and interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview Details – Two on Campus Interviews
Regional Conference

Interview Question – Describe a time when you displayed leadership
How have you been a leader on campus
What is your proudest achievement on campus
  Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in December 2012.

Interview Details – Two rounds of interviews at my university then one final round at the regional conference. Regional conference was very unique in that there were directors from each of the sectors of E&J Gallo sales and they shared their experiences and answered any questions before even the first formal interview. Had to come up with a product pitch and present to many directors before the first formal interview. There were four held, two on each day.

Interview Question – Mostly character questions.   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview Details – Started at a career fair- made it to fourth round interviews. Overall, incredibly nice and hardworking people.

Interview Question – What is something in this interview process that you wish you would have brought up? In other words, if you could brag about something you haven't shared in this interview process so far, what would you tell us now?   Answer Question

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through college or university - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in January 2010.

Interview Details – I first talked to the recruiters at a career fair on campus. I applied online and then got a call back.The interview was really chill. All the interviewer asked was to talk through my resume. The interview was more of a conversation. The interviewer was nice, but unprofessional.

Interview Question – Who has most defined your leadership skills?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I did not like the culture.

Management Development Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview Details – Started with the career fair on campus, then we were asked to submit resumes online. Next I was asked to participate in an on campus interview. Pretty standard behavioral questions. There was an information session the night before, which we were told if we hadn't attended, we would not be invited back. The final round of interviews is a two day conference with presentations and 3 rounds of 30 minute interviews. I will be attending in the next few weeks and am hoping to get an offer!

Interview Question – Leadership skills, since I did not run for office or participate in many extracurriculars, I had trouble with this. Other than that, they mainly just walk you through your resume and ask you to describe the different elements.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at E. & J. Gallo

Worked for E. & J. Gallo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at E. & J. Gallo Management Development Program interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by E. & J. Gallo employees and interview candidates.