E. & J. Gallo

Updated Nov 13, 2014

2.6

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

I met them at Career Fair where I was asked back for a first interview. They only asked me background information and things from my resume, extremely straight up.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time in your life you displayed leadership skills.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for E. & J. Gallo

Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Met recruiter at Career fair on campus and sent in resume on university portal. Was invited via email about a week after submission to attend info session and 1st interview. Interview simply reviewed resume and asked specifics about leadership qualities. Was just invited to second interview about 1 1/2 weeks after!

Interview Questions
    • What as the most difficult part of your biggest leadership role   Answer Question

Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo in October 2014.

I attended information session on campus. After the attending the information session, I received an email from the recruiter regarding an on campus interview opportunity. There was no phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions and your experience, for example, if you have any sales experience.   Answer Question

Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Asked basic questions. Was more of a conversation through the first interview. Did not make it any further than the first interview because they passed my resume to another company for a sales position.

Interview Questions
    • The one question that I remembered she asked me was how I viewed competition.   Answer Question

Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

College Recruiter came and took Resume, Very friendly. 2 rounds of behavioral interviews then third round was a 2 day conference in Boston where you have dinner with executives then 3 rounds of interviews in the morning. Traveling expenses are taken care of and people were very friendly throughout the entire process.

slightly negotiable

Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo in November 2013.

Met their head of HR as well as two other District Managers at a career fair. They liked my resume and had a great conversation with them. They invited me back the next day for an interview. I interview with 3 of them. Interview was rather unorganized, had multiple people asking me questions at once. Nothing complicated(why do you want to work in sales, why gallo, etc.). They then sent me on a shadow day. The shadow went well, really just engage with the person and make good conversation, be positive, etc. That then went well and they sent me to their regional conference. I was with a handful of students. I thought the day went great. Went through a series of 5-10 interviews. Once again, nothing tricky.

I ended up getting a call a week or so later. I thought it went really well, but they didn't offer me a position. their head of HR wouldn't give me any feedback, nothing to work on, and was a bit rude when telling me. The experience was extremely positive and straight forward, but I was rather unsatisfied when he wouldn't give me any reasoning behind it.

Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Two on Campus Interviews
    Regional Conference

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you displayed leadership
      How have you been a leader on campus
      What is your proudest achievement on campus

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo in March 2013.

All behavioral interview questions. Very laid back and conversational. They want to get to know you... be positive and talkative. They want you to have extra cirricular activities. There is a first round, second round, then a recruiting conference. Mine was in Sonoma, CA. It was really fun you get to meet a lot of people in the Gallo company and network.

Interview Questions

I'm in the process of deciding whether I want to accept or not

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at E. & J. Gallo in February 2013.

I was employed by Gallo at the time of my interview for the Management Development Program, and was excited to talk about the opportunity to move forward in my career. The interview process was short, and I felt pretty good about my answers. The HR coordinator said I would definitely be contacted in March to let me know of the status "either way", and then it changed to April. For a soon to be college graduate, it's a long selection process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a challenge you had while in a leadership position   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in December 2012.

Two rounds of interviews at my university then one final round at the regional conference. Regional conference was very unique in that there were directors from each of the sectors of E&J Gallo sales and they shared their experiences and answered any questions before even the first formal interview. Had to come up with a product pitch and present to many directors before the first formal interview. There were four held, two on each day.