E. & J. Gallo

Getting the Interview

22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in February 2014.

Interview Details – Initially was contacted by email to meet for coffee nearby my campus. After that I received a call for a formal interview (it was a 2 on 1 interview). That went really well, so I was asked to come back for a second face-to-face interview with two different Gallo higher level managers. Both interviews were fairly smooth. They asked the general questions such as: why are you interested in sales? Why Gallo specifically? What motivates you? Why do you think you would do well in this industry? etc. The next step was a job shadow of a sales representative. I thought it went great. But after this step, I received a letter in the mail saying "thanks, but we went with someone else." It was a great experience, not sure what went wrong though.

Interview Question – There were no real difficult questions. One that had me fumble for an answer a little though was: "tell us about a time where you struggled, and had to overcome the adversity or obstacles you faced." (or something of that nature). Those questions are hard, because you have to make a negative sound positive.   Answer Question

Interviewed at E. & J. Gallo

Interview Details – Interviewed through school career fair. The interview seemed to go very well and we connected easily.

Interview Question – Went through resume and talked about past sales experiences.   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied through other source and interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview Details – I went on two in-office interviews and one "day in the life" work day.

Interview Question – Describe your competitive nature.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in November 2012.

Interview Details – 4 different steps from campus interview to recruiting conference. They are very in depth but are also very friendly and easy to talk to. The interviewers will not drill you with out of the box questions, because they already know what kind of person they are looking for.

Interview Question – Based on your answer to previous questions, in every interview they asked me about something challenging and how I was able to deal with that specific situation.   Answer Question

Tucson, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in March 2013.

Interview Details – Two rounds of on campus interviews followed by a trip to wine country for the final rounds of interviewing. The trip to wine country is used to get to know you and the other applicants on a personal level.

Interview Question – Which of the other candidates would you hire and why?   Answer Question

Interviewed at E. & J. Gallo

Interview Details – applied online and then was asked to interview. went to three different interviews on a ride along

Interview Question – why do I want to work at gallo   Answer Question

Interviewed at E. & J. Gallo

Interview Details – Got a call from a screener - asked basic questions like what I had heard about Gallo, why I wanted to work for Gallo, what sets me apart from competition, etc. Also made sure I didn't have any DUIs. Then had an interview with a district manager and he gave me info about the company and asked some "get to know you" questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a difficult experience with a manager.   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in February 2013.

Interview Details – The recruiter came to campus and conducted interviews and then the info session. They asked the basic question but based off of my experience and just read from my resume. It was all about tell me a time when questions.

Interview Question – If you know yourself and you have been a leader in organizations then you will do great. Just think of different scenarios that you have been in. I would suggest doing practice interviews if you have not really interviewed with a company.   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied through college or university - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in February 2013.

Interview Details – Met recruiters at Career Fair, & was invited for an interview which went very well. Both recruiters were personable & it was a simple meeting where they asked about my resume, described the job, etc. I was then asked to come for a second interview and it was borderline unprofessional and left me feeling very discouraged about the job. This was a complete shock as all of my encounters with this company and its employees have been nothing but positive. Most of the questions were not related to the job or the company but rather my change in major from healthcare to business. Additionally, I was hurried out the door to due lack of time and was unable to ask the recruiter any questions.

Interview Question – What other companies are you currently interviewing with and why are those companies not related to this industry?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in December 2011.

Interview Details – Had initial interview on my campus, it was your basic describe your resume and talk about yourself. I got along with the interviewer very well and it was awesome.

I then went to OKC and interviewed with the HR. They were very awesome.

Interview Question – Talk about my resume?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at E. & J. Gallo

Worked for E. & J. Gallo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at E. & J. Gallo Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by E. & J. Gallo employees and interview candidates.