E. & J. Gallo Sales Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

23 interviews

2.9

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Focused on past work experience, they will see if you're qualified in the first interview then they will call you back for a second

3 Year training process seems too long

Other Interview Reviews for E. & J. Gallo

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in February 2014.

Initially was contacted by email to meet for coffee nearby my campus. After that I received a call for a formal interview (it was a 2 on 1 interview). That went really well, so I was asked to come back for a second face-to-face interview with two different Gallo higher level managers. Both interviews were fairly smooth. They asked the general questions such as: why are you interested in sales? Why Gallo specifically? What motivates you? Why do you think you would do well in this industry? etc. The next step was a job shadow of a sales representative. I thought it went great. But after this step, I received a letter in the mail saying "thanks, but we went with someone else." It was a great experience, not sure what went wrong though.

Interview Questions
    • There were no real difficult questions. One that had me fumble for an answer a little though was: "tell us about a time where you struggled, and had to overcome the adversity or obstacles you faced." (or something of that nature). Those questions are hard, because you have to make a negative sound positive.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interviewed through school career fair. The interview seemed to go very well and we connected easily.

Interview Questions
    • Went through resume and talked about past sales experiences.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

I went on two in-office interviews and one "day in the life" work day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in November 2012.

4 different steps from campus interview to recruiting conference. They are very in depth but are also very friendly and easy to talk to. The interviewers will not drill you with out of the box questions, because they already know what kind of person they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Based on your answer to previous questions, in every interview they asked me about something challenging and how I was able to deal with that specific situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in March 2013.

Two rounds of on campus interviews followed by a trip to wine country for the final rounds of interviewing. The trip to wine country is used to get to know you and the other applicants on a personal level.

Sales Representative Interview

applied online and then was asked to interview. went to three different interviews on a ride along

Sales Representative Interview

Got a call from a screener - asked basic questions like what I had heard about Gallo, why I wanted to work for Gallo, what sets me apart from competition, etc. Also made sure I didn't have any DUIs. Then had an interview with a district manager and he gave me info about the company and asked some "get to know you" questions.

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in February 2013.

The recruiter came to campus and conducted interviews and then the info session. They asked the basic question but based off of my experience and just read from my resume. It was all about tell me a time when questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you know yourself and you have been a leader in organizations then you will do great. Just think of different scenarios that you have been in. I would suggest doing practice interviews if you have not really interviewed with a company.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in February 2013.

Met recruiters at Career Fair, & was invited for an interview which went very well. Both recruiters were personable & it was a simple meeting where they asked about my resume, described the job, etc. I was then asked to come for a second interview and it was borderline unprofessional and left me feeling very discouraged about the job. This was a complete shock as all of my encounters with this company and its employees have been nothing but positive. Most of the questions were not related to the job or the company but rather my change in major from healthcare to business. Additionally, I was hurried out the door to due lack of time and was unable to ask the recruiter any questions.

Interview Questions
    • What other companies are you currently interviewing with and why are those companies not related to this industry?   Answer Question

Worked for E. & J. Gallo? Contribute to the Community!