E. & J. Gallo Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call to set up an interview. I then had the interview with two of the recruiters/hiring managers. After that I was invited to go on a ride along with one of their sales people. I followed him for a day to see what it was like. After that I was asked to come in to an interview with the area sales manager. I thought the interview went well and he said I should hear within two weeks. I sent a thank you email but sadly never heard from them regarding the position. Even if it was a no, its a polite and I would expect such a large and professional company to send at least a courtesy email to people interested in working for them. Pretty disappointing at how unprofessional it turned out to be.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to work very early mornings and have constant disappointment with regards to sales?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for E. & J. Gallo

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview

It was a very relaxed environment. Although it was a job interview, they did a nice job of keeping the mood upbeat. I really enjoyed going through the process and meeting several employees of the company.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview

Never got back with me if I got the position or not, they never let me know. Looking for the people with lots of leadership experience. Interview process is not bad, difficult questions. Had to ask to rephrase a few times.

Interview Questions

• What would you say your biggest failure in life is? What is your biggest success in life? When was a time you were faced with a problem that you thought was a large problem but once you figure it out the problem was actually very simple?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview

Recruited via LinkedIn. Went through two phone interviews and was waiting to have flights scheduled for the job shadow. Heard back from them a few weeks later and they had decided to not move me forward with the process because they had not met me when they were on campus for our career expo.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I went through 3 rounds. One initial interview to get to know me and and seconded one to decide whether I would meet with the distract manager. The next step after I passed all three rounds was to go on a ride along with a sales associate. Finally I attended a two day conference that was a lot of fun!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years? What is a flaw you have? What leadership skills do you possess?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewers were personable and informative. They were extremely interested in my qualifications and getting to know me. They look for people with leadership experience and somewhat of a sales background. They want to know why you are interested in the alcohol industry as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Still considering.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview

When I first walked in to the interview two men were waiting for me. They asked me to tell me about myself and explain my resume. Afterwards, they asked me a few behavioral questions. They were not very outgoing or friendly and did not seem like they liked their job at Gallo.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo.

Interview

Met the recruiting manager at a job fair. Called me next week for an interview. Then was invited on a ride along with a sales rep. Then was called to schedule a final interview with the general sales manager. Offer pending drug test, physical, and background check.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions like "tell me a time where you had a problem at work or in life"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo (College Station, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Met with recruiter on college campus. Submitted a resume and received a call back for an interview the next day. Interview was in front of two representatives who were very personable and friendly. Very basic questions for the first round all over your resume.

Interview Questions

• First round interview was essentially over your resume   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo in October 2014.

Interview

I have my second interview tomorrow. The first interview was very simple and straightforward behavioral questions. They LOVE competitiveness. There was no trickery and the interviewer even gave me pointers after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Gallo? Ready to be in the back of a warehouse at 8PM on a Friday night?   1 Answer